Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541230 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1280 on: January 11, 2007, 12:19:33 pm »
update!

I hope when you see this next chapter you will understand why I needed to take time to produce this.  It wasn't like I was off gallivanting for no reason at all.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/199359.html  "14.  Resolve"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1281 on: January 11, 2007, 01:28:36 pm »
SPOILER

I'm running out of superlatives, Louise.  That was . . . . well, I'm kind of speechless at the moment.  My eyes are watering up - not from sadness or sympathy - but from the beauty and depth of your writing. 

I had faith in Ennis's wisdom and insight - and I am so very relieved that he has admitted to himself that he was doing to Ellery with his destructive guilt what he did to Jack with his fear.  He has taken a huge step in knowing that he may not be able to control his feelings - but that he can control how he reacts to those feelings. 

That was perfection, Louise. 

Thank you - Marie

P.S.  And way to go with coinciding with my lunch again!   :)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1282 on: January 11, 2007, 01:31:10 pm »

cute marie........... 8)    ;)     8)  his world so bright he has to wear sunglasses

he will then become  SLICKITY NICK                  

janice

Beautiful mind

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1283 on: January 11, 2007, 01:35:09 pm »

cute marie........... 8)    ;)     8)  his world so bright he has to wear sunglasses

he will then become  SLICKITY NICK                  

janice

Ha Ha!  Love it - we could keep going with this, couldn't we, Janice!!! 

Oh, yeah  - been meaning to say - love your banner!  But, because I am obsessed with bits of minutia - just what is the symbol on Jeeves's shirt? 

Thanks - Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1284 on: January 11, 2007, 01:47:56 pm »
SPOILER

I'm running out of superlatives, Louise.  That was . . . . well, I'm kind of speechless at the moment.  My eyes are watering up - not from sadness or sympathy - but from the beauty and depth of your writing. 

I had faith in Ennis's wisdom and insight - and I am so very relieved that he has admitted to himself that he was doing to Ellery with his destructive guilt what he did to Jack with his fear.  He has taken a huge step in knowing that he may not be able to control his feelings - but that he can control how he reacts to those feelings. 

That was perfection, Louise. 

Thank you - Marie

P.S.  And way to go with coinciding with my lunch again!   :)

What Marie said..............

he can't control his feelings, but he can control how he reacts to those feelings

thank you for those very wise words  :-*

and thank you louise, this is just getting better and better. Your writing is sensitive and heartwarming!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1285 on: January 11, 2007, 04:03:37 pm »
update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/199522.html  "15.  Just Between Us"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1286 on: January 11, 2007, 05:49:05 pm »

Pah - Real Life - who needs it.

Love it! :)
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1287 on: January 11, 2007, 06:10:52 pm »
he may not be able to control his feelings - but that he can control how he reacts to those feelings. 

So well summed up Marie! Another tour de force Louise!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1288 on: January 11, 2007, 07:46:40 pm »
  :-*

:-* :-*  right back at ya, Fabienne! 

Thanks!  Marie

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1289 on: January 12, 2007, 01:03:33 am »
I have a surprise for all you faithful LT readers..  :P

------------------------------------------>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(as in follow the arrow ..)