Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 552788 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2100 on: July 31, 2007, 09:14:44 am »
Let's be fair here - a kiss AND a grope!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2101 on: July 31, 2007, 12:47:01 pm »
LOL!  I believe that may have been two kisses and a grope - not that I'm keeping track or anything....

SPOILERS

I've been waiting for about 40 chapters for Colson to bring up that coffee tray - he just had to have the opening!  LOL! 

Great job with the conversation between Lauren and Colson.  Human nature is a funny thing - out of all the difficult things in the world we are faced with - admitting that we just may have been wrong about someone or something gives us the most trouble. 

And what a joy it's been watching Ellery throughout this story.  He's been the fountain of wisdom, the level head, the great detective, the fair but tough ass-kicker, the charming smooth talker, and the insightful and understanding husband ...all from his sick bed.  But I don't doubt we'll get to see all the other sides to him once he gets back to the station and starts driving Wes nuts again ...LOL!

Thanks, Louise
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2102 on: July 31, 2007, 05:41:17 pm »

ready for another?  I am making up for the "Lost Weekend"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/231464.html  The Chesterfield Fortune: 53.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2103 on: July 31, 2007, 05:44:23 pm »
LOL!  I believe that may have been two kisses and a grope - not that I'm keeping track or anything....

SPOILERS

I've been waiting for about 40 chapters for Colson to bring up that coffee tray - he just had to have the opening!  LOL! 

s,

hahahah oh you were waiting for that!  hahaha, yes, Colson's been stewing about it ever since Esteban produced it from "somewhere" in the kitchen.  And this will come up again, you bet!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2104 on: July 31, 2007, 07:05:27 pm »
SPOILERS

A peek inside Esteban's mind - an excellent surprise (well, what's inside his mind isn't excellent -just the fact that we got to look).  Soooo..... it appears that Esteban is indeed harboring some resentment towards Ellery even if he won't admit it to himself or anyone else.  And I'm left wondering if some of that unspoken resentment rubbed off on Larry, and if Esteban was forthcoming about this in rehab.  Verrry interesting turn of events, Louise. 

And didn't we all know that the name Merrill Snopes was bound to pop up again.  Of course Wes shouldn't have taken him off list - but, unfortunately, that is exactly the kind of stuff that sometimes happens in the real world of law enforcement.  But they have another name, too - Aaron Fennelly?  Hmmm......

Thanks,
Marie

P.S.  Yeah, even with a couple of kisses and a grope, or even a little light fancy action, I figure Colson's issues aren't going to go away quickly - that coffee tray and what it represents is bound to pop up again too! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #2105 on: August 01, 2007, 03:31:17 am »
It's great to see you, Jo!  Yay for Mr. Fixit.   Did someone say daises, azaleas or begonias? 

:)
Marie

Greetings Marie - thanks for the flowers.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #2106 on: August 01, 2007, 03:57:39 am »
s,

hahahah oh you were waiting for that!  hahaha, yes, Colson's been stewing about it ever since Esteban produced it from "somewhere" in the kitchen.  And this will come up again, you bet!

We all know by now that nothing gets past his beady eye and gets stored away forever.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2107 on: August 01, 2007, 04:15:40 am »
you  bet.  Colson watches EVERYTHING about his man, including every twitch, every phone call, every raised eyebrow.  And every coffee tray!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2108 on: August 01, 2007, 05:40:45 pm »
and here is...

Chesterfield Fortune 54!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/231915.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2109 on: August 01, 2007, 07:09:40 pm »
SPOILERS

Well, he may be a Grouchy Wes right now, but his closing line shows me he still has his sense of humor.  Ellery may have been right and he may have been wrong, but Dupree is correct: “Don’t know it’s bum till ya chase it though, Sheriff,”...   Yup, the same way you don't know it's good till ya chase it.  Usually have to chase a lot of bad ones before you  get to a good one!  Th perp being injured this time is a huge break.

And here I thought Dupree was going to ask to be taken off the Keynes case ....unless he hasn't gotten that far yet...or he changed his mind...hmmm....Love that you always keep me guessing, Louise.

Thanks,
Marie