Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 546921 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2150 on: August 05, 2007, 11:49:38 pm »
yes I sure got on a roll!

Unfortunately I faded immediately thereafter and ended up in napland.  But I am glad I got some chapters in, and I am sure glad so many people enjoyed them!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2151 on: August 07, 2007, 12:19:12 pm »
Okay folks, looks like my jetlag has finally ended and I can stay awake during actual daylight hours.

my course is underway and isnt terribly taxing my brain (unlike last week's course!!!) and I have a kitchen full of delicious food to keep me sustained as I undertake the final push on concluding "The Chesterfield Fortune."  I hope you are all looking forward to it.

When I finish this story I will begin working on the next one but the question is:  WHICH one?  Any ideas?

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #2152 on: August 07, 2007, 01:54:21 pm »
Okay folks, looks like my jetlag has finally ended and I can stay awake during actual daylight hours.

my course is underway and isnt terribly taxing my brain (unlike last week's course!!!) and I have a kitchen full of delicious food to keep me sustained as I undertake the final push on concluding "The Chesterfield Fortune."  I hope you are all looking forward to it.

When I finish this story I will begin working on the next one but the question is:  WHICH one?  Any ideas?

The honeymoon; pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. (said in my best whiney voice)  ;) ;D

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2153 on: August 07, 2007, 02:08:41 pm »
Louise, we look forward to everything you give us.  I'm glad to hear you're getting some rest after Sunday's wonderful Chesterfield Marathon!

Ideas?  Aarrggh - too many ideas.  I want to know more about ....everything. Yep, Ellery and Colson could use that tropical vacation honeymoon and I'd love to see Ellery checking out those boys in spandex  ;D  How is Nick adjusting to university life and how are he and Jeremy adjusting to all the changes in both their lives?  Looks like he's studying journalism....will that tie in with some of the storylines?  Whatever happened with Jeremy and his mom?   How will the Ray Keynes story affect the Red Stallion crowd?  How are Pookie and Simon doing - and are Richard and Nate still an item?  Will Lance's feelings for Jeeves deepen through his recovery?  What's Wayne up to?  Edna said Wes is looking for another ranch hand?  Hmmm...someone we know or a new person?  I'm sure there's more.... 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2154 on: August 07, 2007, 08:30:26 pm »
before we get to the boys in Spandex... we have a little concluding to do!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/233792.html  "Chesterfield Fortune: 62"

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2155 on: August 07, 2007, 11:00:34 pm »
SPOILERS

Another sobering chapter.  Joe may not be angling for a promotion, but he deserves a raise.  What a fine cop - good instincts and a calming demeanor. 

“Call me Marilou, don’t call me that,” she said, her voice cracking.   >:(

The despicable Keynes is behind bars and it looks like the despicable Fennelly will be joining him. 

Well done, Louise.  Thanks.
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2156 on: August 08, 2007, 11:58:08 am »
just how many despicables can you have in one town?  Don't forget the despicable Brad Sevigny and the despicable Bill and the despicable Sammy Lang!

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2157 on: August 08, 2007, 12:09:18 pm »
just how many despicables can you have in one town?  Don't forget the despicable Brad Sevigny and the despicable Bill and the despicable Sammy Lang!

Don't forget Worrell and Amos Marigold!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2158 on: August 08, 2007, 12:14:47 pm »

I'm not sure I'd push Bill all the way to despicable...

Well, come to think of it, he was embezzling money from Ellery. Okay, a despicable badge for Bill it is!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2159 on: August 08, 2007, 12:25:06 pm »
LOL!  Yes, Tourmaline does have its fair share of despicableness.  And, yeah, I was just gonna mention Amos Marigold, too - looks like we haven't seen the last of him  - perhaps we will be meeting more of his despicable cohorts?

Well, come to think of it, he was embezzling money from Ellery. Okay, a despicable badge for Bill it is!

Yep, not to mention the fact that he caused Colson's legbone! 

Marie