Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9247081 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12350 on: August 27, 2013, 11:36:32 am »
. Is this what Betty Freidan, Gloria Steinem and all of us have marched, protested, worked, lashed out, and suffered for?  :-\
I would say that what I am fighting for at least, is to have the right to wear whatever I feel like wearing.
But still we live in a world, where one of the most discussed topics seem to be what women look like. The internet is filled with negative comments on how women look and how they dress.

I say - congrats to her for being a successful artist.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12351 on: August 27, 2013, 02:52:03 pm »

Hope you're having a good Tuesday Chuck!!

For me the hours are ticking by so slowly today... I'm such a clock-watcher today.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12352 on: August 28, 2013, 08:16:21 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Truth be told, I'm not really a fan of that commercial, I find the camel annoying.  LOL  I know I'll be hearing it a lot today because of the coworker I talked about last time, she kept the signs I printed and hangs them out on Wednesday now.

:laugh:

You're not going to believe this.  LOL

I spent time last night sitting almost in total darkness.  LOL 

I had my blinds open, so I can see out the windows, and before I went to bed, I could hear the sounds of something that sounded like it was tapping at my windows.  I had no idea what it was, or if I was imagining it.  I turned off the TV and got close to the windows, and could really hear the tapping.  I got up close and after a minute, I saw the cause.

One of those big ass hornets was trying to get into the glass.  I'm guessing the lights I had on were attracting him.  I closed the blinds, and even then I could hear him tapping at the glass.  I had to shut the lights, and after a few minutes, the tapping had stopped.  God only knows where he went, but as long as he was outside, that's all I cared about.

Hope you're having a good Tuesday Chuck!!

For me the hours are ticking by so slowly today... I'm such a clock-watcher today.

Hiya Amanda!

It was a good Tuesday, thanks!  I hope that today doesn't drag for you like yesterday did!

I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed. We hold these truths to be self-evident that all men are created equal.

I have a dream that one day out in the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slaveowners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by their character.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day down in Alabama, with its vicious racists, with its governor having his lips dripping with the words of interpostion and nullification; that one day right down in Alabama little black boys and black girls will be able to join hands with little white boys and white girls as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be engulfed, every hill shall be exalted and every mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plains and the crooked places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I will go back to the South with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope.

With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our nation into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood.

With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to climb up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

This will be the day when all of God's children will be able to sing with new meaning "My country 'tis of thee, sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing. Land where my father's died, land of the Pilgrim's pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring!"

And if America is to be a great nation, this must become true. So let freedom ring from the hilltops of New Hampshire. Let freedom ring from the mighty mountains of New York.

Let freedom ring from the heightening Alleghenies of Pennsylvania.

Let freedom ring from the snow-capped Rockies of Colorado.

Let freedom ring from the curvaceous slopes of California.

But not only that, let freedom ring from Stone Mountain of Georgia.

Let freedom ring from every hill and molehill of Mississippi and every mountainside.

When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every tenement and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old spiritual, "Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12353 on: August 28, 2013, 09:24:54 am »
You're not going to believe this.  LOL

I spent time last night sitting almost in total darkness.  LOL 

I had my blinds open, so I can see out the windows, and before I went to bed, I could hear the sounds of something that sounded like it was tapping at my windows.  I had no idea what it was, or if I was imagining it.  I turned off the TV and got close to the windows, and could really hear the tapping.  I got up close and after a minute, I saw the cause.

One of those big ass hornets was trying to get into the glass.  I'm guessing the lights I had on were attracting him.  I closed the blinds, and even then I could hear him tapping at the glass.  I had to shut the lights, and after a few minutes, the tapping had stopped.  God only knows where he went, but as long as he was outside, that's all I cared about.

Well, at least it was just a big-ass hornet and not some zombie children.  8)

"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12354 on: August 28, 2013, 10:05:55 am »
I'd take zombie children over big-ass hornets ANY DAY...
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12355 on: August 28, 2013, 10:06:32 am »
As a lot of people know, I maintain a website for a bison ranch, so I get to have a lot of fun on Wednesdays!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12356 on: August 29, 2013, 08:32:52 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

I'll be playing bingo tonight.  LOL

I'm not sure what to expect....my mom and dad invited me, my two brothers, and sister-in-law to all go play bingo tonight at their church.  However, mom describes it as "not your grandmother's bingo".  She really didn't go into it, but she said there are all different contests and games and crazy stuff going on.

Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and hit for some cash.   :laugh:

How is everyone?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12357 on: August 29, 2013, 09:08:02 am »
I have a dream that one day every valley shall be engulfed, every hill shall be exalted and every mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plains and the crooked places will be made straight and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together.

Since I'm accustomed to hearing only the most famous excerpt from the speech, I hadn't realized that Dr. King had quoted Isaiah 40:4-5 (more or less):

4. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:

5. And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.

King James Version (KJV)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline dejavu

« Reply #12358 on: August 29, 2013, 02:59:43 pm »
Each gathering has had a positive effect on me, I'm grateful for them all!  Oh, May of 2017 marks the 7th anniversary of the Colorado bash!

That's one I've got to celebrate for sure.  Ten years since I met so many of you!
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline dejavu

« Reply #12359 on: August 29, 2013, 03:05:30 pm »
Chucky, when you said you were going to a Sail Rock concert, I thought that was the name of the band, which I had never heard of....

But looking through the list of songs and artists, I too remember a lot of those songs, even though in the 70's I was bearing and rearing babies, I did listen to the radio a lot, and there are some great songs there.

*please tell me there is not a band called Sail Rock....

I misunderstood the same thing about Sail Rock, Chuck, but that list of songs sounds great and I'm so glad you enjoyed the concert.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?