Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9083528 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12630 on: December 10, 2013, 07:58:30 pm »
Trenton Scott is getting big already???  :o :o

He was only born the other day, for god's sake!!!  He can't be getting big already!  ::)

Surpisingly they do change quite rapidly and grow in those first few weeks.....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12631 on: December 10, 2013, 08:27:54 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

How is everyone today?

I made my dental appointment for Thursday, and haircut for Friday, and got my stamps to mail out Christmas cards.  

Snow was pretty today, we got about 2 - 4 inches of the fluffy white stuff, and cooler temps tonight will cause it to freeze.

Tomorrow will be card writing day.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12632 on: December 10, 2013, 08:30:55 pm »
Trenton Scott is getting big already???  :o :o

He was only born the other day, for god's sake!!!  He can't be getting big already!  ::)

Surpisingly they do change quite rapidly and grow in those first few weeks.....

He was born on 11/30, and as of today he's 10 days old.  On his 8th day, Shana posted a video on Facebook of him turning himself over.  I'm not sure how 'typical' that is, but the video is there, he turned himself over at 8 days.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12633 on: December 10, 2013, 08:33:38 pm »
Question:  Why does one pay a barber/stylist, etc. to shave their head?  The guys I know here do it themselves.  Is it better/special somehow in a salon?  Just curious.  I get my hair cut at the chain Fantastic Sam's cause they spend about 5 full luxurious minutes shampooing, massaging, conditioning, and it feels just heavenly.  Otherwise, I'd just lop it off myself once in a while.

I used to have a set of clippers and I tried to do it myself, but the times I did, it always seemed I missed a spot somehow.  I would always be told by someone "you missed right here" and they'd tap the place I missed.  I only get it clipped once a month, and she only charges me $10.00, plus I get it washed, so I get a scalp rub.  How can I go wrong?

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12634 on: December 10, 2013, 10:13:01 pm »
I had my haircut today and it cost $28. I do not make an appointment and sometimes have to wait about 20 minutes but today there was no wait. I now get a number 2 back and sides (use to be no 3) and get a cut every 6 weeks but today it was nearly 7 weeks.  I can wash my own hair.

I then bought a ticket to a concert by Dame Kiri Te Kanawa which is not until June 1 next year.  It was only announced last week and bookings opened on Monday.  I was so thankful I am flying to the States on June 2nd.  It is probably her last concert series. She turns 70 (like me) next year.
After a bit of shopping I bought a subway for lunch.
The city was buzzing as there is a cruise ship (1950 passengers) in and there is a university graduation this afternoon. Over 300 graduating and most have parents etc from all over the country.  I like to watch the parade down the main street to the Town Hall in cap and gown led by a piper. However I got my times wrong. The ceremony starts at 3pm so I thought the procession would be after 2. I went into the library next door then heard the pipes playing about 1.45. By the time I had checked out my books and got outside it was only the tail end. It was a bit strange sitting at the bus stop and seeing the cafes all filled with people wearing cap and gown.

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #12635 on: December 11, 2013, 09:35:40 am »
Oh for a staycation (I guess that is a stay at home holiday .. ?)
Ah well, I can wait 'til Xmas.

Hey, today was unique. The date was 11-12-13 (not in the US, of course, where it was last month; earlier than for most people  ;D).
Apparently it won't happen again for some ridiculous number of years.

My barber charges only $17 (but still looks guilty about it).
It's a bargain, because it includes a free counselling service, relaxation therapy and scalp massage.
And, if he finds an odd sun spot, he says it is also a first line of warning about skin cancer.
It also saves a lot of embarrassment after a friend decides I need a home trim !..

I started on the Xmas cards today. Posted the first one to a mate overseas, and the rest will probably follow in some illogical order.
Even started looking for presents, for kids and other people who insist on giving me something for Xmas.
It used to be easy. A pack of smokes; a pair of socks; a bottle of perfume or aftershave or preserved grape juice ... Now it has to be something to do with music, video, or keeping up on Facebook.

Oh oh. It's now 12-12-13. Past bedtime again.
 Ciao.  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12636 on: December 11, 2013, 12:47:09 pm »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Yes, today is Christmas card day! 

I've been catching up online, and about to eat lunch.  Once I'm done with that, the cards will be written and mailed.  ;D

Thursday is my company Holiday luncheon, so I'll be at that, and then at 5:00 I have a dentist appointment for a tooth cleaning.

Friday will be the haircut, and shopping.  By the time Sunday comes, everything should be done, and I'll be 100% ready for Christmas.  ;D

This 'staycation' is a good thing!  I may need to do this every year!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12637 on: December 11, 2013, 12:51:14 pm »
I had my haircut today and it cost $28. I do not make an appointment and sometimes have to wait about 20 minutes but today there was no wait. I now get a number 2 back and sides (use to be no 3) and get a cut every 6 weeks but today it was nearly 7 weeks.  I can wash my own hair.

My barber charges only $17 (but still looks guilty about it).  It's a bargain, because it includes a free counselling service, relaxation therapy and scalp massage.  And, if he finds an odd sun spot, he says it is also a first line of warning about skin cancer.  It also saves a lot of embarrassment after a friend decides I need a home trim !..

Well, you both have more hair than I do!  I'm not surprised your haircuts are pricier than mine is!  LOL

I'll also have a Christmas card for the 'stylist', with a little something extra in it for her.

The city was buzzing as there is a cruise ship (1950 passengers) in and there is a university graduation this afternoon. Over 300 graduating and most have parents etc from all over the country.  I like to watch the parade down the main street to the Town Hall in cap and gown led by a piper. However I got my times wrong. The ceremony starts at 3pm so I thought the procession would be after 2. I went into the library next door then heard the pipes playing about 1.45. By the time I had checked out my books and got outside it was only the tail end. It was a bit strange sitting at the bus stop and seeing the cafes all filled with people wearing cap and gown.

That does sound strange.....I can only imagine what it looked like.   :laugh:

Offline brianr

« Reply #12638 on: December 11, 2013, 02:11:13 pm »
I can not find a photo of them drinking coffee  ;D

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #12639 on: December 11, 2013, 05:48:35 pm »
He was born on 11/30, and as of today he's 10 days old.  On his 8th day, Shana posted a video on Facebook of him turning himself over.  I'm not sure how 'typical' that is, but the video is there, he turned himself over at 8 days.

It is indeed VERY early.

I just checked, the normal is turning over at 5-6 months, early babies do it at 3 months.

So, little Trenton is extraordinarily early!!!   :)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre