Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3131831 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6960 on: November 17, 2006, 07:32:08 am »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  Louise that is priceless. I,m in tears laughing here lol.  ;D Well while she,s at it then, couldnt she just slip Hughs agent the word copy of LS and the link to the gallery?? Just imagine his face!!! :o :o :o :o :o
Woooweeee. Bring on that bow lol. Hey, I tell you what, if you like, I am MORE than happy to put my finger in the right erm, *ahem* place, to hold the bow still whist Milli is tying it..just to make sure it doesnt slip off. *ahem*. Good idea or what?
 ;) ;) ;) ;) ;D

Souxi darlin,

I believe I wrote the little bow drabble that got all this talk started, so I should have the right of first refusal to assist with the bow tying....and I ain't refusing!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6961 on: November 17, 2006, 07:33:54 am »
 :o  Bible salesman?       :o

Maybe a vacuum cleaner salesman.

<Ding Dong>

Ennis opens the door

"Can I see the lady of the house?"

Ennis: "Um, she's out.  Besides, I do the cleanin round here.  Whatta-ya selling?"

"Can I show you something with powerful suction Sir?"      ;D

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6962 on: November 17, 2006, 07:52:44 am »
:o  Bible salesman?       :o

Maybe a vacuum cleaner salesman.

<Ding Dong>

Ennis opens the door

"Can I see the lady of the house?"

Ennis: "Um, she's out.  Besides, I do the cleanin round here.  Whatta-ya selling?"

"Can I show you something with powerful suction Sir?"      ;D

David!  :laugh:

That certainly brightened up my morning!  :laugh:

Karen

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6963 on: November 17, 2006, 07:54:30 am »
sorry, Souxi - you're not in the union.

Can I join it then? pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. ;) ;) ;D

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6964 on: November 17, 2006, 07:56:19 am »
Souxi darlin,

I believe I wrote the little bow drabble that got all this talk started, so I should have the right of first refusal to assist with the bow tying....and I ain't refusing!

Leslie

Maybe he could have two bows then. ;) ;) ;) ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6965 on: November 17, 2006, 08:22:08 am »
News and information, as well as helpful user hints, for fan readers of the Laramie Saga who have been added to my private Friends group.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/150456.html

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6966 on: November 17, 2006, 08:26:27 am »
A few months ago, I posted a conversation between Heath Ledger and his agent about appearing in the Laramie Saga. For anyone who wants to relive that conversation, it can be found here:

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2833.msg83999#msg83999

Meanwhile, I have it on a very good source that Heath is definitely interested in reprising his role as Ennis. Being the good little spy I am, I was able to get a transcript of the conversation. Enjoy!

The phone on the corner of the desk rang, and Joe reached out a long arm. “Yeah?”

“Mr. Albierti, it’s Heath Ledger on Line 1,” came the cool voice of the receptionist.

“Heath? Great,” he said, jamming the button. “Heath, it’s Joe! Great to hear from you.”

“Joe, glad I got you—you have a minute to talk?”

“’Course I do, Heath. That’s all I do. What’s up?”

“Well, I wanted to get back to you on The Laramie Saga. Remember, that story you gave me to read a few months ago?”

“Oh, yeah, that…what do you think?”

“I think it’s good,” said Heath. “Like you said, it’s a really good story—nice sequel to Brokeback. Ennis gets a life, finds a lover…”

“Yeah, I know the story, I read it. Lots of action, too. Kidnapping, murders. Whoever we get to direct will have fun with it. So, you interested?”

“Yeah, I am. I was wondering, has anyone approached Jackman?’

“They have and they are having some preliminary conversations.”

“Just preliminary?”

“Well, there are a few hurdles to get over. Standard in the contract is a chest shot. Obviously we need to go for more.”

Heath chuckled. “Yeah, that’s true.” He paused, then, “Well, I hope he comes on board, because I really think he’s perfect for the part.”

“I am sure there are plenty of other tall, dark, and handsome types out there we could consider. What about Eric Bana? Or Russell Crowe?”

“No, no, all wrong,” said Heath. “It’s gotta be Jackman.”

“Why are you so hot on Jackman?” asked Joe, puzzled.

“Well,” said Heath, “as part of my reading the story, I started doing a little research, to try to learn more."

Joe laughed softly. “That’s my boy. Always doing research. Remember when you started reading up on Casanova only to find out it was a fluff piece?”

“Don’t remind me. Anyway, as part of this, I discovered this forum called Bettermost and they have a thread for the story.”

“A thread?”

“Yeah, you know, like a discussion group. It’s called Ennis and Ellery.”

“Oh yeah, I remember that. That’s where we got the idea for Jackman in the first place.”

“Yeah, right. Well, I have been spending a lot of time on the thread, reading stuff, along with reading the story.”

“You’ve been on the thread?”

“Yeah, I lurk as a guest. There have been some days I have been really tempted to register and post, but I thought that probably wasn’t such a good idea.”

Joe laughed out loud at this. “No, probably not. So, anyway, what’s on this thread?”

“You name it, it’s there. Pictures, recipes, photo stories, poems…people flirt with each other….once in a while, they talk seriously about the story.”

“Just once in a while?”

“It seems like they are having too much fun with other stuff, to be honest. I mean, when the story has a serious part, they’ll talk a lot about that. The whole part where Ennis and Ellery go back to Brokeback…that generated a bunch of good conversations.”

“I don’t remember that part,” said Joe.

“Oh right, you probably wouldn’t. That was in the fifth book. When you gave it to me to read, there were only three books. The author is writing the sixth one now.”

“There are six? And you kept reading?”

“Yeah,” said Heath, his voice sheepish. “I told you, I really got hooked on this story. That is part of the reason why I lurk on the Ennis and Ellery thread. She posts her updates there first.”

Joe laughed. “You are too much, Ledger. I can’t believe you are hooked on fanfic.”

“I told you, it’s a really good story. The other day they posted a thank you to the author, Louise. I really wished my name could have been there. HAL…I could be anonymous.”

“You wouldn’t be anonymous, Heath. Just as well, I am sure Louise knows she has a lot of silent readers. So,” he paused, “what’s next?”

“Well, I’m on board. I guess the next step is to get Hugh to commit…and commit to more than a bare chest.”

“You’re saying, you’re willing to do the nasty? Get up close and personal with Hugh Jackman?”

“I am,” said Heath. “In fact, I’m looking forward to it.”

Leslie

« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 09:08:10 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6967 on: November 17, 2006, 08:28:51 am »
only one problem there:  Hugh's agent is a woman - the same agent he has had since he signed on with Endeavour in Sydney lo these many years ago in um, 1996 or something.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #6968 on: November 17, 2006, 08:29:34 am »
only one problem there:  Hugh's agent is a woman - the same agent he has had since he signed on with Endeavour in Sydney lo these many years ago in um, 1996 or something.

er; whoops - this is Heath and his agent!  sowwy!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6969 on: November 17, 2006, 09:14:30 am »
Siouxi darlin, just for you... Merry Christmas!

Thank God for teenagers who know how to use photoshop!

L
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 04:49:28 pm by MaineWriter »