Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166633 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #3620 on: September 07, 2006, 06:12:52 pm »
Okay, that does it.  No more talking about Louise.  EVAR!  We're stunting her productivity, guys!  Zip those lips!

heee
:D  :D  :D  :D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3621 on: September 07, 2006, 06:17:02 pm »
Lest Heath..Ennis feels left out .. :P

Those heath pictures are so very Ennis and Ellery ennis...great job ;)

Beautiful mind

yb

« Reply #3622 on: September 07, 2006, 07:11:47 pm »
I have just waded through the comments on Lori's journal and Bailey's message, looks like the whole gang of slash from the other forum is out to get Louise again.  But I guess those negative comments are nothing new to Louise, I didn't read the slash thread too often but every time I went there the attacks on Louise are appalling and unbelievable.  I think to a certain extent anyone who lent her support became the subject of abuse, too - look at how Leslie's story being ridiculed there. 

I'm saddened and disheartened by some people's narrow-mindedness.  There are so many criticisms condemning Ennis for not having the courage to step out, now there's a story addressing to that issue but what's their reaction?  Merciless attacks by those same people.  Well, I guess to them Ennis could only open up to Jack but noone else; it's actually not BBM they are attached to.  Those people are a closely knitted gang and there's no way anyone can reason with them.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #3623 on: September 07, 2006, 07:33:55 pm »
I have just waded through the comments on Lori's journal and Bailey's message, looks like the whole gang of slash from the other forum is out to get Louise again.  But I guess those negative comments are nothing new to Louise, I didn't read the slash thread too often but every time I went there the attacks on Louise are appalling and unbelievable.  I think to a certain extent anyone who lent her support became the subject of abuse, too - look at how Leslie's story being ridiculed there. 

I'm saddened and disheartened by some people's narrow-mindedness.  There are so many criticisms condemning Ennis for not having the courage to step out, now there's a story addressing to that issue but what's their reaction?  Merciless attacks by those same people.  Well, I guess to them Ennis could only open up to Jack but noone else; it's actually not BBM they are attached to.  Those people are a closely knitted gang and there's no way anyone can reason with them.

Hi yb,

I think the whole issue is not really about Ennis, it's about jealousy. Most of Louise's attackers are fanfic writers also, and for some reason haven't had the success she has. Interesting enough, they're also attacking Leslie (Maine Writer) and her stories, that are AU, with Ennis and Jack together, only because she is a friend of Louise. It's too bad this people can't just let it be and use all the energy they spend writing their stupid and sensless posts, in doing something more productive like reading and writing a story they like.

Welcome to Bettermost BTW  :D
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 07:38:24 pm by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3624 on: September 07, 2006, 08:33:55 pm »
Natali - I think there is definitely some green coming through in some posts ..lol and I dont mean green as in green pastures.. ;)

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #3625 on: September 07, 2006, 10:20:50 pm »
And when I get home tonight, I am giving him some grey eyes .. ;)

Ok, I wasn't a huge fan of Hugh Jackman for Ellery until I saw this picture  :o

That is EXACTLY the way I picture Ellery... he is too beautiful for words, Lucise, can't wait to see him with grey eyes !   ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3626 on: September 07, 2006, 10:45:17 pm »
I have been reading over there since the thread started, but don't post either because of the envirnment there.    I think it is great that forums do break off to follow stories and authors that they like and enjoy--why not.  Only makes sense to me.
I find it kind of funny---I don't post comments to Bailey's stories, because the Ennis in most of those stories is as far removed from the Ennis I know from Annie's BBM story, as Bailey claims Louise's Ennis is removed, and I always hear Thumper's Mother (and mine) in the back of my head--If you can't say something nice, don't say NOTHING at all.   So I don't, cause saying I can't identify with that Ennis would serve no purpose, since it is a matter of personal perspection, Bailey has their own as I have mine.
When I like something, I say so like in Human Interest, Two Crows Joy and Laramie as well as many others, and sometimes when something doesn't work for me, I say so too, and why it won't work for me, like in Mainewriter's getting Ennis pierced---I told her why it didn't, and don't comment on it anymore, cause it is her story, I am strictly a spectator and have learned to go with the flow.
And when there is something new that I do like, I comment again.
I have had an author or two tell me, when I said something didn't work for me, but that I liked the premise of the story anyway,  that I should maybe look for other fics to read.   So I kept reading, but quit commenting.   Best thing to do is simply ignore the whole mess---those who love it will still love it even if every aspect isn't the way they want it---and those who don't, aren't ever going to-so it is simply wasted effort to try to justify or placate them-not worth the effort. Just my own opinion, I read a lot of it, but I don't write down my fanfic, I just do a day dream inside my head.
It doesn't just happen with BBM stories either---you find it every where---on every subject.
I have been reading four or five different types of fanfics, and there are pros and cons about every one of them at some point in time.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 10:52:27 pm by ranchgal »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3627 on: September 08, 2006, 12:52:15 am »
Ok, I wasn't a huge fan of Hugh Jackman for Ellery until I saw this picture  :o

That is EXACTLY the way I picture Ellery... he is too beautiful for words, Lucise, can't wait to see him with grey eyes !   ;D

Well Mandy, Ellery got him some grey eyes now .. ;)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3628 on: September 08, 2006, 12:54:05 am »
Speaking of grey eyes, I must bring this pic here (again..) ..  :P, can't help myself ..

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #3629 on: September 08, 2006, 01:11:03 am »
Well Mandy, Ellery got him some grey eyes now .. ;)

Thank you!!

LOL, I can't believe I'm about to say this but Ellery is about to replace Jake G as my laptop's background... man, Louise your fic has taken over my life! I never thought I'd see the day that Hugh Jackman would win out over Jake Gyllenhaal in any part of my life... but for Ellery, I'll do it!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73