Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 540883 times)

yb

Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1450 on: January 22, 2007, 09:57:00 pm »
This chapter is definitely worth waiting for (well, not for me anyway, I woke up and the chapter is waiting for me)!

About Nick's slip of tongue, I believe he's crazy in love, but the cynic in me also thinks he did everything with a purpose, I don't mean with a bad motive.  I'm just glad his parents' and Jeremy's love have guided him back on track.

Looks like Clyde is still deeply attached to Ennis, can't wait for what will confront Ennis and how he will handle the situation in the next chapter.  Where is Ellery, is he supposed to be there with Ennis?

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1451 on: January 22, 2007, 10:31:09 pm »
About Nick's slip of tongue, I believe he's crazy in love, but the cynic in me also thinks he did everything with a purpose, I don't mean with a bad motive. 

Agreed!    Nick is crazy in love.   But that is why he wants the guys in the bar to know that Jeremy is off limits to them.    The "slip" was his way of staking his claim on Jeremy!       Hey,  Nick did tell Jeremy that he was the jealous type.       

Nick had better be careful or Lauren won't be the only one there who has a sore ass from spanking!   LOL

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1452 on: January 23, 2007, 06:09:43 am »
SPOILER

Looks like Clyde is still deeply attached to Ennis, can't wait for what will confront Ennis and how he will handle the situation in the next chapter.  Where is Ellery, is he supposed to be there with Ennis?

Ellery is home with the back pain. I imagine Ennis didn't let him come to the bar with him. As for Clyde, he knows Ennis is off limits but I wonder if that'll stop him from making a pass. Besides, he got himself a new man, didn't he? Nate, the radiator man.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #1453 on: January 23, 2007, 06:40:02 am »
Wayne is a total prick.  I,ts about time Ennis did this: He,s put up with Waynes crap for far too long.

I wonder what Ellery will do though?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1454 on: January 23, 2007, 07:58:17 am »
Count me in with you, Marie!

Mention Ellery's hair, their rings...I am just a puddle on the floor. LOL

L

Ha, ha!  You know I'm one of your most loyal subjects, Queen of Schmoop!  :laugh:

Agreed!    Nick is crazy in love.   But that is why he wants the guys in the bar to know that Jeremy is off limits to them.    The "slip" was his way of staking his claim on Jeremy!       Hey,  Nick did tell Jeremy that he was the jealous type.      

Nick had better be careful or Lauren won't be the only one there who has a sore ass from spanking!   LOL

Oh, yeah - I do have to agree  - Nick is very sharp and does do things with a purpose - we can't forget that he is also Naughty Nicky!   ;D

Siouxi, you crack me up!  And, yes, I was wondering what Ennis will do - but I think the more interesting question is the one you posed - what will Ellery do?

Thanks - you guys are great!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1455 on: January 23, 2007, 08:04:40 am »
Ha, ha!  You know I'm one of your most loyal subjects, Queen of Schmoop!  :laugh:

Dance on over to the Through The Veil Of Time thread, Marie...the Queen has been hard at work with another update for the masses. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1456 on: January 23, 2007, 08:34:15 am »
Dance on over to the Through The Veil Of Time thread, Marie...the Queen has been hard at work with another update for the masses. LOL

L

LOL!  Just got back from there - and I'm still smiling!  The masses thank you!   :laugh:

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1457 on: January 23, 2007, 08:57:11 am »
Update!

surprise!!!  I got some rest this morning!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/204603.html  "29.  A Man With Growl"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1458 on: January 23, 2007, 09:26:05 am »
SPOILER

Update!

surprise!!!  I got some rest this morning!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/204603.html  "29.  A Man With Growl"

This chapter made me ache for Wayne. It actually made me cry a little. I know he's been acting like a bitch but they all know why and they got to find it in their heart to forgive him. I think Wayne is crying out for help, love and friendship. I wonder if he is all alone, if his family doesn't want to have anything to do with him because he's working hard to get everyone's attention. I just hope Ennis and Ellery understand this and deal with the situation differently. Maybe they should invite Wayne for dinner one night and listen to him to find out what exactly is going on, let him know they still think of him as a person, and formally invite him to the reception. I think that's what Wayne needs right now, friendship and love. IMO, banning him from the bar for giving Ennis a kiss just made things worse from him. It could have triggered a severe depression, even though he deserved it. I think the only way Wayne is going to be himself again is when he realizes that despite everything his people still care for him. He is sure a pain in the ass but he isn't a bad person.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

yb

« Reply #1459 on: January 23, 2007, 09:41:32 am »
SPOILER

This chapter made me ache for Wayne. It actually made me cry a little. I know he's been acting like a bitch but they all know why and they got to find it in their heart to forgive him. I think Wayne is crying out for help, love and friendship. I wonder if he is all alone, if his family doesn't want to have anything to do with him because he's working hard to get everyone's attention. I just hope Ennis and Ellery understand this and deal with the situation differently. Maybe they should invite Wayne for dinner one night and listen to him to find out what exactly is going on, let him know they still think of him as a person, and formally invite him to the reception. I think that's what Wayne needs right now, friendship and love. IMO, banning him from the bar for giving Ennis a kiss just made things worse from him. It could have triggered a severe depression, even though he deserved it. I think the only way Wayne is going to be himself again is when he realizes that despite everything his people still care for him. He is sure a pain in the ass but he isn't a bad person.

I so agree with every word you said.  When I was reading the chapter, I thought I'm not going to make any comment because it made me so sad for Wayne, I'm glad to read your post.