Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541528 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1530 on: January 27, 2007, 08:09:29 pm »
SPOILER

and here is the next chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/206006.html  "33.  The Price of a Hat"

I hope you will find it was worth the study time!

It sure was, Louise!  You hit exactly the right notes - as usual.  It was a relief to see this necessary conversation and nice to see the boys growing and communicating. 

And, oh yeah, Jeremy's mentioning that the bouncer job didn't pay much reminded me of something I wanted to tell Ellery again:   Give that boy a raise - he's earned it!   :laugh:

Thanks, Louise!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1531 on: January 27, 2007, 09:28:10 pm »
SPOILER:  Chapter 33

I sure hope Nick can keep himself behaved at the bar.   I'd hate to see him quit and get another job.   

I can't blame him for blurting out "sweet thing" at the bar.   I'd be so happy that Jeremy was my boyfriend that I'd stand on top of the bar and shout it out to the world.    I'm sure Jeremy is just as happy that he has the hottest guy there as his boyfriend too.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1532 on: January 27, 2007, 10:17:47 pm »

Sweet thung's ma boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1533 on: January 27, 2007, 10:32:06 pm »
Today's Sunday paper magazine carries a cover story on Hugh - sorry no weblink. Titled Hugh Jackman the action hero turned movie mogul, it talks about his mega movie deals etc.

The woman who interviewed Hugh compares his "gentlemanly ways" with Gregory Peck. She arrives late for lunch and writes:

"He puts down his glass and dismisses my flustered apologies with an old school charm. ... Jackman projects both gallantry and mischief. There is a puckish wrinkle in his nose when he laughs and he somehow triggers the fantasy that if one were to faint - which one might, right now, on purpose - he would swoop in and pick up the pieces."

Apparently he changes his body for every role, practising yoga for a year for one scene in The Fountain and tai chi for a 30-second clip. His stamina is said to be "astounding" - be still all our hearts!

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1534 on: January 27, 2007, 10:43:04 pm »

Sweet thung's ma boyfriend!!!!!!!!!!!
Whoooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!

oh god that is a hilarious pic!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #1535 on: January 27, 2007, 10:43:36 pm »
I got a question:

What IS the most common or popular hat for our American western cowboys?

Until BBM, I'd never heard of Resitol, only Stetson.  Are they like both the biggest brands known?  Is it a regional thing?

Thanx for any thoughts on this.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #1536 on: January 28, 2007, 07:30:59 am »
Today's Sunday paper magazine carries a cover story on Hugh - sorry no weblink. Titled Hugh Jackman the action hero turned movie mogul, it talks about his mega movie deals etc.

The woman who interviewed Hugh compares his "gentlemanly ways" with Gregory Peck. She arrives late for lunch and writes:

"He puts down his glass and dismisses my flustered apologies with an old school charm. ... Jackman projects both gallantry and mischief. There is a puckish wrinkle in his nose when he laughs and he somehow triggers the fantasy that if one were to faint - which one might, right now, on purpose - he would swoop in and pick up the pieces."

Apparently he changes his body for every role, practising yoga for a year for one scene in The Fountain and tai chi for a 30-second clip. His stamina is said to be "astounding" - be still all our hearts!

Astounding eh? I just bet he is!!   ;) ;)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 09:03:47 am by souxi »

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1537 on: January 28, 2007, 07:37:09 am »
I got a question:

What IS the most common or popular hat for our American western cowboys?

Until BBM, I'd never heard of Resitol, only Stetson.  Are they like both the biggest brands known?  Is it a regional thing?

Thanx for any thoughts on this.

Good question.   I think most of us have heard of Stetson more.   Of course, having a brand of mens cologne named Stetson didn't hurt either.  LOL

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1538 on: January 28, 2007, 08:11:33 am »

So what would it take to get you to start scanning these articles for all of us so that we can put them on Hugh!Hugh!Hugh! and sigh and squirm every time a new one comes up?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline wayne1932

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1539 on: January 28, 2007, 09:52:28 am »
Here in the Dallas area there is an ongoing rodeo in the suburb of Mesquite.  It is held in the Resistol arena.  So Resistol sponsors the venue.   Also near downtown is a building with the name "Adams Hats" on it.  This is in an older manufacturing area.  This building has been converted into loft apartments.  I don't recall an Adams hat, but I'd be willing to bet they made western style hats.
If it aint broke DON"T fix it.   If ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it. If ya can't stand it...........