Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541548 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2110 on: August 02, 2007, 05:23:00 am »

SPOILER!!!

he may yet do so, but Wes has a point that once Keynes is arraigned the case is already largely over and it's the DA's problem.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 05:37:43 am by louise van hine »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2111 on: August 02, 2007, 12:12:09 pm »
SPOILER

he may yet do so, but Wes has a point that once Keynes is arraigned the case is already largely over and it's the DA's problem.

Good point - this is true.  But Jeremy intereviewed the victim at the hospital so he could very well be called at trial (if it goes to trial).  And now you've got my mind wandering and wondering .... has Rawhide itself been left abandoned now?  Will there be an investigation beyond Lance?  Every resolution seems to bring another question!

I'm conflicted.  Part of me wants my poor Sweet Thing to be well rid of the Keynes mess....but...another part of me thinks it would be fascinating to see him more involved....you sure know how to hook your readers, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2112 on: August 02, 2007, 04:51:21 pm »

And the latest installment of Chesterfield:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/232095.html  Chapter 55
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2113 on: August 02, 2007, 06:01:15 pm »
SPOILERS

How do you do that, Louise?  That had to be very tricky to write that dialogue between Jeeves and Lance - but you hit just the right note between those two characters.  Touching, but not gooey.  Such a nice give and take between them.  I liked that Lance realized how hard it is for Jeeves to be in the hospital because of his experience with his own Chas.  And Jeeves's sincerity and compassion was moving.  I wish Lance would convalesce at Jeeves's house - he has some emotional healing to do as well and I don't like the idea of his being alone.

“No. I’m his valet,” Chas said proudly, drawing himself up.

Love it!

Thanks,
Marie

Oh, yeah - I'm guessing it's about time for Louella to make another grand (or maybe not so grand) entrance again ....
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2114 on: August 03, 2007, 02:48:39 am »
Glad you enjoyed it, Marie...

I am heading home today after a busy week and am heading immediately to California for ANOTHER COURSE , and again, no weekend for me!  So please be patient, I promise I will try to do some writing on the plane and have something to show you Saturday night after I get off it!

And I was pleased and gratified to see that there were a record number of hits and a record number of readers on the site following "Chesterfield" - and still no sex scene! ahaha.  Must be the anticipation.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #2115 on: August 03, 2007, 08:01:21 am »
- and still no sex scene! ahaha. 

Looks like Louise is trying to wean us all off sex and concentrate on the plot. Heaven forfend! Where is Souxi when we need her!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2116 on: August 03, 2007, 10:43:10 am »
oh dont worry... a sex scene will be along soon.  maybe... muahhahahahaha.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #2117 on: August 03, 2007, 10:54:30 am »
Looks like Louise is trying to wean us all off sex and concentrate on the plot. Heaven forfend! Where is Souxi when we need her!

coeeeeeeeeeeee, here I am. Did someone mention sex??? Yes, thats, what we need. HOT steamy man sex please Louise. A whole chapter full of sex, sex and more sex. With toys and handcuffs too.  ;) ;)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2118 on: August 03, 2007, 11:00:45 am »
oh my!

with Ellery's delicate condition we could indeed end up in the toy zone!!!

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2119 on: August 03, 2007, 11:02:24 am »
Hi everyone, I have a lot of catching up to do, and guess I will go back a million pages and start.  My computer crashed and I just now am getting the replacement back on line. whew-this went fast!! LOL