Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2169411 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Dance of The Drums (Part 2)
« Reply #1620 on: August 19, 2007, 11:01:51 pm »

When the parade was at the end of the line, and the throng that had gathered began to disburse, the blond haired young man placed his drum alongside the road.  He sat on the curb and wiped his brow as he watched his friends prepare for a Barbeque.

The young man was delighted to see Jack Twist join the parade.  It was heartening to see him enjoying life instead of worrying himself sick over a one Mr. Ennis Del Mar.  Ennis Del Mar!  Now he was one tough nut to crack! 

The blond man was in the presence of Jack Twist just last year at a restrurant in Riverton, and was awfully surprised that Jack didn’t recognize him.  Well, he did cut off his waist length hair, and wore a pair of cropped pants instead of denims, aviator sunglasses and cowboy boots.  He also traded his violin for a drum.  The young man fortified himself mentally as he joined his friends at the park for the barbeque.  Tomorrow he had his work cut out for him!  He had to pay a visit to Jack Twist..

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1621 on: August 19, 2007, 11:12:21 pm »
RE: Dance of the Drums (Part 2)

Wow, what a cliffhanger, Littlewing....I wonder what this young blond man has in store with his visit to Jack Twist! I meant to tell you I really liked Part I of Dance of the Drums - capturing Jack's impulsive spirit, joining the parade and not letting a little fever get him down. Hopefully, Lureen and Bobby are going to be out of town for awhile.... ;)
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1622 on: August 19, 2007, 11:30:27 pm »
RE: Dance of the Drums (Part 2)

Wow, what a cliffhanger, Littlewing....I wonder what this young blond man has in store with his visit to Jack Twist! I meant to tell you I really liked Part I of Dance of the Drums - capturing Jack's impulsive spirit, joining the parade and not letting a little fever get him down. Hopefully, Lureen and Bobby are going to be out of town for awhile.... ;)

Thanks, BBM-Cat.  This is sort of a continuation of a series I started on the other Board.  If I can find them, I'll post the "Pie and Visions" series, as well.

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1623 on: August 19, 2007, 11:31:40 pm »
PLEASE DO! anxiously awaiting.... ;)
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Dance of The Drums (Part 2)
« Reply #1624 on: August 19, 2007, 11:33:06 pm »
Littlewing, I'm starting to think that this blond guy that keeps popping up in your stories is Puck from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, the sprite who goes about making mischief by causing people to fall in love.

Gary

:laugh: Ahhh, Gary, we'll just have to wait and see..

Offline Luvlylittlewing

A Brokeback Mountain Slice of Life
« Reply #1625 on: August 20, 2007, 01:03:46 am »
A Brokeback Mountain Slice of Life by Littlewing1957

Aguirre looked past Jack Twist and eyed Ennis Del Mar riding confidently into camp, a scrawny lamb in his arms.  Jack followed Aguirre’s gaze over to Ennis, who by rights, was surely wondering why his boss and his lover were sizing him up.  But Ennis didn’t fear.  He dismounted alongside the tent, and very tenderly carried the tiny lamb to the dinner fire.  Ennis placed the ewe next to the flames to keep it warm.

Aguirre turned his mount to the east and rode out.  Ennis watched as Jack dropped his hatchet, gathered a small pile of wood, and headed his way.  The lamb was sleeping soundly, and didn’t awaken as Jack scratched its tiny head. 

Ennis didn’t ask his friend what Aguirre wanted, or why they looked at him when he rode into camp.  He didn’t want to pry, but was certain that Jack would confide in him if and when the time was right.  Ennis smiled at his friend and threw a log onto the flames.  Jack patted his lover on the arm, and turned toward the fire to prepare the evening meal.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1626 on: August 20, 2007, 04:53:47 am »
Shasta, this is starting to sound like a lot of fun.  I love pizza, and boys who take off their clothes.   :laugh:  I'm not crazy about beer, but of course what party would be complete without some kind of libation?  I'll just drink Coke and let everyone else drink beer.  Oh, how I wish we could really do it.   :D

Gary

Hey, we don't have to limit ourselves! Cokes galore---they go with pizza too.

Jolly good show chaps! .... and if you would be so kind, only if it's not too much trouble, a nice pot of tea served up in your best china!  

Susie 

Tea and cucumber sandwiches---no problem! With the imaginative crew of Brokies around these parts---this could be the party of the year!! What else ya want? Someone's bound to be able to provide it. What kind of music do you like, Gary?   (To dance to) We already have the stripper music down.  

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 05:07:37 am by Shasta542 »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Brokeback Mountain Slice of Life
« Reply #1627 on: August 20, 2007, 08:09:52 am »
A Brokeback Mountain Slice of Life by Littlewing1957

Aguirre looked past Jack Twist and eyed Ennis Del Mar riding confidently into camp, a scrawny lamb in his arms.  Jack followed Aguirre’s gaze over to Ennis, who by rights, was surely wondering why his boss and his lover were sizing him up.  But Ennis didn’t fear.  He dismounted alongside the tent, and very tenderly carried the tiny lamb to the dinner fire.  Ennis placed the ewe next to the flames to keep it warm.

Aguirre turned his mount to the east and rode out.  Ennis watched as Jack dropped his hatchet, gathered a small pile of wood, and headed his way.  The lamb was sleeping soundly, and didn’t awaken as Jack scratched its tiny head. 

Ennis didn’t ask his friend what Aguirre wanted, or why they looked at him when he rode into camp.  He didn’t want to pry, but was certain that Jack would confide in him if and when the time was right.  Ennis smiled at his friend and threw a log onto the flames.  Jack patted his lover on the arm, and turned toward the fire to prepare the evening meal.

Awwww, Littlewing, how endearing...tender Ennis, there's nothing sweeter (except tender Jack).  And, I sure am glad they did not have lamb for dinner!

Dagi

Re: Dance of The Drums (Part 2)
« Reply #1628 on: August 20, 2007, 08:32:03 am »

When the parade was at the end of the line, and the throng that had gathered began to disburse, the blond haired young man placed his drum alongside the road.  He sat on the curb and wiped his brow as he watched his friends prepare for a Barbeque.

The young man was delighted to see Jack Twist join the parade.  It was heartening to see him enjoying life instead of worrying himself sick over a one Mr. Ennis Del Mar.  Ennis Del Mar!  Now he was one tough nut to crack! 

The blond man was in the presence of Jack Twist just last year at a restrurant in Riverton, and was awfully surprised that Jack didn’t recognize him.  Well, he did cut off his waist length hair, and wore a pair of cropped pants instead of denims, aviator sunglasses and cowboy boots.  He also traded his violin for a drum.  The young man fortified himself mentally as he joined his friends at the park for the barbeque.  Tomorrow he had his work cut out for him!  He had to pay a visit to Jack Twist..

Can hardly wait for part 3! Marie, don´t torture us!!

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1629 on: August 20, 2007, 08:34:11 am »
Whooo Wheeee!  Count me in!

That could be the theme of the next Brokeback Barbeque .... beer, pizza and naked men ... I'll book my ticket right away!!

Susie 

Can I come, too?

Dagi