Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170097 times)

Dagi

Re: Ennis' Fears
« Reply #1820 on: September 05, 2007, 06:48:12 am »
You two make a great writing team! What a tender, sad, but beautiful perspective on what could have been, and a real testament to Jack's and Ennis' enduring love.

Thank you, BBM-Cat! When are you writing something for us?  :D

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Elk Jerky
« Reply #1821 on: September 05, 2007, 06:53:06 am »
Elk Jerky by Littlewing1957

Jack missed Ennis during the day, but he was also grateful for time alone to think, reflect, and perhaps get some work done.   Most days at camp were uneventful, and Jack was grateful for that.  He straightened the camp, set aside enough wood to start a dinner fire, and opened a few cans of soup: Cream of Chicken soup.  Not too bad!

A few minutes later and Jack had a strange feeling.  He was uneasy, thought he was being watched.  And just as he was turning to enter the tent to fetch a book of matches, someone grabbed him from behind!

“Gotcha!”  A man yelled as he pulled at Jack’s waist.

“Darryl, man, you almost made my heart jump through my chest!”  Jack yelled angrily as he pulled himself free of the ranger’s grip.  “What the hell are you doin’ around here?”  Jack observed that Darryl Brockbank was probably on vacation, or got fired or something, as he was there without his uniform.

“Oh, I’m just here on a picnic with friends."   Darryl remarked with a twinkle in his eye as he approached Jack Twist.  "I've been watchin' you, Jack!"

Jack backed away, not amused, becoming disturbed.  Jack knew Darryl from last summer, as he worked for The Department of Game and Fish, and Jack did his level best to avoid him the entire time.

“I see old man Aguirre thought to hire another man to help around here!”  Darryl mused as he stroked his chin.  Darryl looked around camp.  “Where is the other fella?”  He asked, a mischievous grin plastered on his handsome face.  Jack didn’t answer.  He walked over to the tent and climbed inside. 

“You can’t hide from me, Jack Twist!”  Darryl yelled by way of warning as he approached the tent.  But just before he could poke his head inside the tent flap, Jack emerged pointing a 30-30 right at Darryl’s chest.

“Jack Twist, what the fuck??"

To be Continued…

:o :o :o what is he going to do?? Hell, Marie, don´t let us wait too long........

Dagi

Re: Elk Jerky and Beans
« Reply #1822 on: September 05, 2007, 07:00:05 am »
Elk Jerky and Beans by Littlewing1957

Ennis wasn’t satisfied, and you know what that means?
He had some elk jerky and a can of beans!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Now that one really cheered me up! You are awesome, Marie honey, you amaze me! Sad stories, sweet stories, erotic stories, hot stories, moving stories, cheerful stories, funny stories, stories that are all that at the same time, touching poems, funny poems........it there ANYTHING you can´t write?? Obviously not! I love you, girl.

Dagi

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1823 on: September 05, 2007, 09:54:09 pm »
Holy Geez, it's a ghost town in here tonite. That's part of the western heritage too, tho, so it's okay for a minute!  

Today is the first time since I've been at Bettermost that this thread was not on the "unread posts since last visit" list.  :P

Dagi and Susie---are probably out looking for our errant cowboy traveler--Gary C.

Toycoon--may be following some lead to the next "Tickle Me Elmo" type billion seller toy.

Littlewing--just hasn't made it in yet! It's still early in CA!!

Spicey, Scott, and all the other fan fickers are probably watching the Republican debates!! Do you get those in OZ, Spicey?

Me--I'm trying to keep from grading essays. Master procrastinator!!!

Gary--You are one of the muses! Come back!!! All I can hear in this room tonite -- chirping crickets!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Ennis' Fears
« Reply #1824 on: September 05, 2007, 10:01:15 pm »
Thank you, BBM-Cat! When are you writing something for us?  :D

Dagi

I haven't felt inspired lately, but I sure am enjoying all the stories here!  :D
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1825 on: September 05, 2007, 11:36:46 pm »
Howdy cowboys and girls,
I'm back from the Nevada desert. It was hotter'n hell (120 degrees in the day) but I had a ball! I went for a Mod 60's Music Weekender party. Three wild days of nonstop partying with hundreds of sixties' music enthusiasts. It was really a blast!
I love all the sexy and funny stories everyone wrote while I was away. Susie and Dagi, I enjoyed your collaboration. There was talk of a sequel to Brokeback Mountain. Maybe that's how that chapter could begin.
Littlewing, your imagination is boundless. I loved your poetry and I don't mind you stepping over the three line limit, you know that! Shasta, BBM cat and moremojo, you guys are shirking yer responsabilities to our humble thread. We need more stories from you three.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
September
« Reply #1826 on: September 05, 2007, 11:47:09 pm »
September by Toycoon

The summers came and went and still the memories of that certain summer were like a wound on Ennis' heart that had scabbed over but never quite healed; when Ennis heard the name, Jack, again after all this time, the blood came rushing back.

Ennis, you know someone name'a Jack?
Ennis' heart performed a unexpected somersault landing in the middle of his throat, "Maybe... why?"

Ennis carefully read the writing on the back of the postcard and softly stroked the word, "Jack" as though somehow Jack could feel his tender caress.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: September
« Reply #1827 on: September 05, 2007, 11:53:44 pm »
September by Toycoon

The summers came and went and still the memories of that certain summer were like a wound on Ennis' heart that had scabbed over but never quite healed; when Ennis heard the name, Jack, again after all this time, the blood came rushing back.

Ennis, you know someone name'a Jack?
Ennis' heart performed a unexpected somersault landing in the middle of his throat, "Maybe... why?"

Ennis carefully read the writing on the back of the postcard and softly stroked the word, "Jack" as though somehow Jack could feel his tender caress.

Welcome back from the desert, . Glad you had fun!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
September (Cont)
« Reply #1828 on: September 06, 2007, 12:05:15 am »
September (Cont) by Littlewing1957

There was no time to waste!  Ennis couldn’t help himself.  He grabbed his threadbare jacket and headed out.  He didn’t have a postcard handy, but knew he could purchase one at the post office.

“You bet!”  The message was spare and simple, but it was enough to get his feelings across to Jack.  Ennis placed a stamp on the card and put it in the proper slot.  He walked home feeling better, more hopeful than he had in years!

Jack fuckin’ Twist!  Ennis thought he would never hear from him again; was sure Jack was sore from that dirty punch.  Ennis would never forget the look on Jack’s face that day.  But he vowed to put the dreary thoughts out of his head.  All was obviously forgiven, as Jack wanted to see him.  But what if he didn’t show?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 12:19:23 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1829 on: September 06, 2007, 12:18:36 am »
Holy Geez, it's a ghost town in here tonite. That's part of the western heritage too, tho, so it's okay for a minute!  

Today is the first time since I've been at Bettermost that this thread was not on the "unread posts since last visit" list.  :P

Dagi and Susie---are probably out looking for our errant cowboy traveler--Gary C.

Toycoon--may be following some lead to the next "Tickle Me Elmo" type billion seller toy.

Littlewing--just hasn't made it in yet! It's still early in CA!!

Spicey, Scott, and all the other fan fickers are probably watching the Republican debates!! Do you get those in OZ, Spicey?

Me--I'm trying to keep from grading essays. Master procrastinator!!!

Gary--You are one of the muses! Come back!!! All I can hear in this room tonite -- chirping crickets!!

Hey, Shasta!  I've been here on and off thoughout the day.  I usually visit at night, it's true.  Don't worry because things have slowed down a bit.  The thread will pick up once Gary returns and we settle in for the fall.  I think people are still enjoying the holiday weekend.  I know I just returned to work today!  Good to see you here, though!