Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2169925 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Elk Jerky (Part 2)
« Reply #1830 on: September 06, 2007, 12:45:16 am »
Elk Jerky (Part2) by Littlewing1957

“I think you had better go and join your friends!”  Jack’s voice was icy, and left no room for interpretation.  Darryl’s look was one of incredulous wonder as his gaze shifted from Jack’s face to the barrel of the rifle.  Jack allowed his mind to wander to last summer when he was alone on the mountain to shepherd the sheep.  The days were long, and the loneliness was so sublime that he began to make friendly with some of his charges.  Jack held long, plaintive conversations with some of the sheep.  It was during one of his exchanges with a ewe he named Mary, that he met Darryl.  Or rather, Darryl insinuated himself into Jack’s space.

Darryl had a fondness for taking people unawares.  He was making his rounds one day and noticed the leavings of an illegal fire.  He saw a beautiful young Jack talking to a lamb, and something in Darryl’s chest shifted.  Darryl knew he liked guys from an early age, but he wouldn’t classify himself as queer.  He wanted a wife and kids, as well as a male lover.  Darryl had the lover, but was still working on the wife and kids.  He hid behind a tree and watched in awe as Jack shooed the lamb away with the other flock and climbed into his tent.  Darryl had an idea.

Jack’s thoughts returned to the present, but not before he remembered Darryl’s attempt at blackmail.  “Sleep with me or I’ll tell my bosses that you’ve violated the rules.  Aguirre will be in a lot of trouble, and you’ll be out of a job!"  But Jack was not intimidated.  He threatened to tell everyone in Signal, hell, the entire fine State of Wyoming that Darryl was a blackmailing weasel who would look the other way if Jack offered him a “bribe.”  That shut Darryl up.  Sort of.  Jack spent the rest of the summer trying his best to stay out of Darryl’s way.

“So where is that partner of yours?”  Darryl asked with a leer.  “You know, Twist, that one is kinda cute.  And from what I’ve seen, he likes a little fun with the guys.  You think he’ll come into my teepee if I asked real nice like?  Jack’s eyes narrowed into murderous slits.  His mouth was one grim line.  He cocked the rifle and aimed the barrel at Darryl’s head. 

“Mention him once more and I will shoot you!  I swear to God, I will kill you and feed your carcass to the wolves.  Darryl swallowed, but he wasn’t afraid.  He bowed to Jack and backed away from him, and out of sight.  Jack lowered the 30-30 and sat on a log…

To be Continued??

Dagi

Re: September
« Reply #1831 on: September 06, 2007, 01:21:00 am »
September by Toycoon

The summers came and went and still the memories of that certain summer were like a wound on Ennis' heart that had scabbed over but never quite healed; when Ennis heard the name, Jack, again after all this time, the blood came rushing back.

Ennis, you know someone name'a Jack?
Ennis' heart performed a unexpected somersault landing in the middle of his throat, "Maybe... why?"

Ennis carefully read the writing on the back of the postcard and softly stroked the word, "Jack" as though somehow Jack could feel his tender caress.

Toycoon is back!! Finally!! And with a beautiful, beautiful story......I can feel Ennis´ tenderness for Jack, that is one of the most tender gestures of the whole movie, IMHO. Thank you, Toycoon!!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1832 on: September 06, 2007, 01:23:22 am »
Holy Geez, it's a ghost town in here tonite. That's part of the western heritage too, tho, so it's okay for a minute! 

All I can hear in this room tonite -- chirping crickets!!

Aaaaw, Shasta, life goes in cycles.......so lovely to see you, although I´m late!

Dagi

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
September (con't, Part 3)
« Reply #1833 on: September 06, 2007, 03:25:27 am »
September (con’t, part 3)

Doubt and anxiety permeated Ennis’ mind as the 24th of September approached. His nerves were workin’ overtime. He could hardly think. He was short with Alma and the girls. Just pins and needles. Distracted. Since mailing his reply to Jack, Ennis was plagued by a series of absent-minded mistakes. Chagrined, he thought of how he’d recently locked his keys in the truck, and another time, how he’d driven right past the familiar turn off to the farm. That Jack fuckin’ Twist sure had a powerful hold over him! Even still.

With all of his contained energy, Ennis willed his simple and spare postcard to reach its’ destination. Damn, if that postal slot had been big enough, Ennis woulda just mailed himself to Childress. He dared to imagine Jack receiving and reading his two-word reply; the force behind those words strong enough to blind its’ intended recipient.

Ennis felt like he was livin’ a double life. Alone and in secret he would allow the memories of Jack and their summer on Brokeback to readily slip into his consciousness. Daily life and survival reined those memories back in; though now, with much more difficulty. Hope and excitement reawakened the ache in his heart. The flush of desire made his hands sweat. The anticipation of Jack’s arrival was nearly unbearable…
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1834 on: September 06, 2007, 07:03:46 am »
Aaaaw, Shasta, life goes in cycles.......so lovely to see you, although I´m late!

Dagi

I think I'm in the "spin" cycle!!  ;D

But......have you heard from Gary? Let us know when you do, ok?  You too Susiebell!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: September (con't, Part 3)
« Reply #1835 on: September 06, 2007, 10:39:12 am »
With all of his contained energy, Ennis willed his simple and spare postcard to reach its’ destination. Damn, if that postal slot had been big enough, Ennis woulda just mailed himself to Childress. He dared to imagine Jack receiving and reading his two-word reply; the force behind those words strong enough to blind its’ intended recipient.

Yay Littlewing and BBM-Cat,
Thanks for the sweet follow up to 'September'. What an incredibly forceful story we got here! Maybe one of the loyal regulars can muster up a part 4?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1836 on: September 06, 2007, 10:55:23 am »
Yay Littlewing and BBM-Cat,
Thanks for the sweet follow up to 'September'. What an incredibly forceful story we got here! Maybe one of the loyal regulars can muster up a part 4?

Thanks Toycoon! I like what we have, and the direction its' going! I hope someone will continue the saga.. :D

Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Dagi

« Reply #1837 on: September 06, 2007, 02:08:56 pm »
Gary´s alive!! Yeeehaaaw!!! Welcome back, sweetheart!!

(He expects to be back online in a week!)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 04:29:59 pm by Dagi »

Dagi

« Reply #1838 on: September 06, 2007, 03:17:14 pm »
September (con’t, part 3)

Doubt and anxiety permeated Ennis’ mind as the 24th of September approached. His nerves were workin’ overtime. He could hardly think. He was short with Alma and the girls. Just pins and needles. Distracted. Since mailing his reply to Jack, Ennis was plagued by a series of absent-minded mistakes. Chagrined, he thought of how he’d recently locked his keys in the truck, and another time, how he’d driven right past the familiar turn off to the farm. That Jack fuckin’ Twist sure had a powerful hold over him! Even still.

Ennis felt like he was livin’ a double life. Alone and in secret he would allow the memories of Jack and their summer on Brokeback to readily slip into his consciousness. Daily life and survival reined those memories back in; though now, with much more difficulty. Hope and excitement reawakened the ache in his heart. The flush of desire made his hands sweat. The anticipation of Jack’s arrival was nearly unbearable…

Littlewing and BBM-Cat, thank you for so brilliantly capturing these thrilling scenes!!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Elk Jerky (Part 2)
« Reply #1839 on: September 06, 2007, 03:19:46 pm »
Elk Jerky (Part2) by Littlewing1957

To be Continued??

Yes, please!! How good that Darryl didn´t know that Jack was never that good with the rifle  ;).....

Dagi