Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2170013 times)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Goodbye, Jack!
« Reply #1880 on: September 09, 2007, 07:16:12 pm »
Goodbye, Jack! By littlewing1957

I’ll find you, Jack!
It is in my power
Wherever you may be..
Across the years or in an hour,
Please save a place for me.

Ennis placed the card next to the stone.  He drove 1400 miles to Childress to pay his respects to his lover, Jack Twist.  Ennis really struggled with the notion of driving down; didn’t know if he could stand to see where half of his friend’s ashes were interred.

What did Lureen say?  “We put a stone up!”  Ennis didn’t want to intrude on Jack’s widow.  He did the research himself and found the memorial park where half of Jack's cremated body lay buried.

Ennis wrote the little poem himself.  He didn’t know he had it in him, but the occasion was special.  Standing there, looking down at Jack’s headstone, he felt at peace.  The stone read, “Jack Twist, faithful unto death!”  Ennis had to smile at that.  Just as he was turning to leave, a sudden gust of wind rushed around him.  And stranger yet, a drop of dew landed on his cheek.  Ennis smiled as he dabbed at his cheek, his tears mingling with the lone drop of dew.  “I love you too, Jack Twist.”  No other words, no further visits to Childress were necessary.  Ennis climbed into his truck and headed home.

Incredibly powerful, so beautiful - it brought tears to my eyes. Ennis' grief process is just as important as ours. Thank you, Littlewing...
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #1881 on: September 09, 2007, 07:34:03 pm »
Thanks, SusieBaby!  I don't even know why I wrote this!  I'm crying like a baby my own damn self! 

It is your heart speaking, friend.  ;D
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1882 on: September 09, 2007, 11:46:20 pm »
The stone read, “Jack Twist, faithful unto death!”  Ennis had to smile at that.  Just as he was turning to leave, a sudden gust of wind rushed around him.  And stranger yet, a drop of dew landed on his cheek.  Ennis smiled as he dabbed at his cheek, his tears mingling with the lone drop of dew.  “I love you too, Jack Twist.”  No other words, no further visits to Childress were necessary.

Littlewing1957, that was really heartbreakingly sad but still beautiful just the same. Sometimes, I wish there had been a little more closure for Ennis in the movie; so many unanswered questions and missing scenes.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1883 on: September 10, 2007, 12:32:05 am »
Incredibly powerful, so beautiful - it brought tears to my eyes. Ennis' grief process is just as important as ours. Thank you, Littlewing...

Thank you, BBM-Cat!  I love your picture!  You're beautiful!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1884 on: September 10, 2007, 12:33:26 am »
It is your heart speaking, friend.  ;D

Thanks, my Love!  I'm forever changed...in the best way possible!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1885 on: September 10, 2007, 12:34:46 am »
Littlewing1957, that was really heartbreakingly sad but still beautiful just the same. Sometimes, I wish there had been a little more closure for Ennis in the movie; so many unanswered questions and missing scenes.

This is very sweet, Toycoon.  In my mind, Ennis must have visited Jack's stone in Childress.  How could he not?  The lack of closure would eat away at him like a cancer, IMHO!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September 22nd (8:17 p.m.)
« Reply #1886 on: September 10, 2007, 12:37:24 am »
You're right, Toycoon - Littlewing poignantly depicts the toll of Jack & Ennis' relationship on the marriage - something we don't often think about or allow ourselves to focus upon - it's so easy to get caught up in the pleasurable aspects of their coupling.

Thank you Littlewing for depicting the realism of their situation. Susiebell also depicted this well in her recent September story.

Yes, BBM-Cat!  I like to try to fill in the holes - explore what I think actually went on in both marriages.  You're right --SusieBelle has a real gift for looking inside J&E's loveless marriages.

moremojo

Re: September 22nd (8:17 p.m.)
« Reply #1887 on: September 10, 2007, 01:41:49 am »
You're right --SusieBelle has a real gift for looking inside J&E's loveless marriages.
I do think there was reciprocal love in Ennis and Alma's marriage, and possibly in Jack and Lureen's (Lureen, in the film at any rate, did love Jack in her way), but neither man was in love with their wives--they had fallen for each other.

Dagi

« Reply #1888 on: September 10, 2007, 06:58:08 am »
Goodbye, Jack! By littlewing1957

I’ll find you, Jack!
It is in my power
Wherever you may be..
Across the years or in an hour,
Please save a place for me.

Ennis placed the card next to the stone.  He drove 1400 miles to Childress to pay his respects to his lover, Jack Twist.  Ennis really struggled with the notion of driving down; didn’t know if he could stand to see where half of his friend’s ashes were interred.

What did Lureen say?  “We put a stone up!”  Ennis didn’t want to intrude on Jack’s widow.  He did the research himself and found the memorial park where half of Jack's cremated body lay buried.

Ennis wrote the little poem himself.  He didn’t know he had it in him, but the occasion was special.  Standing there, looking down at Jack’s headstone, he felt at peace.  The stone read, “Jack Twist, faithful unto death!”  Ennis had to smile at that.  Just as he was turning to leave, a sudden gust of wind rushed around him.  And stranger yet, a drop of dew landed on his cheek.  Ennis smiled as he dabbed at his cheek, his tears mingling with the lone drop of dew.  “I love you too, Jack Twist.”  No other words, no further visits to Childress were necessary.  Ennis climbed into his truck and headed home.

Thank you for making me cry. Sometimes I need that. What a touching and comforting story. Thank you, Marie!

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1889 on: September 10, 2007, 07:01:07 am »
Ah honey ... we can all sit and cry together then!  You wait until tomorrow ... Dagi will be sobbing her socks off too!

Susie  :-*

:laugh: :'( :laugh: :'( :laugh:  I´m laughing through my tears! Susie, you know me so well.....the only thing that keeps us from crying all together is the time difference!

Dagi