Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2169971 times)

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1890 on: September 10, 2007, 07:04:04 am »
Hi BBM_Cat! So nice to see your face now! You look goood!  ;D

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1891 on: September 10, 2007, 07:23:41 am »
I´ll miss you, too, and my whole family here....I´ll be back on Friday or Saturday!

:-* :-* :-*
Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1892 on: September 11, 2007, 01:05:53 am »
I´ll miss you, too, and my whole family here....I´ll be back on Friday or Saturday!

:-* :-* :-*
Dagi

Godspeed, Dagi!  We'll be here when you return.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1893 on: September 11, 2007, 01:08:18 am »
Dagi, we're gonna miss you, love bunny!
Come back soon,
Toycoon
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

September 23rd (10:32 a.m.)
« Reply #1894 on: September 11, 2007, 01:21:40 am »
September 23rd (10:32 a.m.) by Littlewing1957

Jack took the day off, as he was too nervous to work.  His plans were finalized, his route to Riverton, Wyoming all mapped out.  Everything was in order down to the underwear that he planned to take.  But Jack was terrified.  He walked to his desk and found the reply that Ennis sent.  “You bet” was definitive and laconic, just like Ennis Del Mar.

Jack hoped that Ennis would be receptive, that it was not too late to rekindle what they had…whatever that was!  Jack remembered his mom talking about a childhood friend who lost touch with her, but reappeared after a 20 year absence.  His mom and her friend laughed and talked like they never parted.  Jack prayed that he and Ennis could pick up where they left off, just like his mom and her childhood friend.

“I wonder if he’ll let me touch him!”  Jack almost spoke out loud when he thought about the idyllic days and nights up on Brokeback.  All the hours of laughter, love, occasional tenderness.  Jack wanted Ennis.  He needed him.  He would bide his time, that is, if Ennis allowed it.  In a few days’ time, Jack Twist intended to propose to Ennis Del Mar.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: September 22nd (8:17 p.m.)
« Reply #1895 on: September 11, 2007, 01:22:18 am »
Well thank you both for the kind words... but I think you must be talking about someone else!

(I never was very good at accepting compliments!!)

Susie  :-*

You're welcome, SusieBaby!  I mean every word!

Offline spiceylife

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1896 on: September 11, 2007, 09:05:22 am »

September 24th (4.15pm) by spiceylife

“If he shows.”

He’ll show.  Sure he will.  Jack Twist’s a man of his word, I know that much.  He’ll come.  Won’t he?

His nerves were almost shot.  The waiting was so hard.

Feel like a kid at Christmas waitin’ ta open the presents.  Jesus, hurry Jack…

He lit up another smoke, his twentieth for the day, and flicked the cheap, plastic lighter - on, off, on, off – his leg bouncing up and down with nervous tension…fiery anticipation at seeing that handsome face again, that ready smile….

What’ll I do?  Will I kiss him?  Like I used ta?  Sweetest lips I ever seen, ever tasted.  Or felt.  Ah, fuck, Del Mar!  You ain’t gonna kiss him!  Whatcha thinkin, ya damn fool?  Christ!  Kiss another man out in public?  Christ, anyone could see us, and no tellin what they’d fuckin do!  Ain’t gonna risk Alma seein’ us, no way.  No, ya ain’t kissin Jack here.  That ain’t gonna happen.  Save it for later, Del Mar. 

He grabbed another icy beer from the fridge, his eighth for the day, and gulped down most of it in one hit, trying to ease his frayed emotions.

When he gets here, I’ll jes’ walk down those stairs and slap him on the back a few times, just like I do with the other ranch hands when I ain’t seen ‘em in a while.  That’s it.  That’s what I’m gonna do.  Slap his back and say ‘How ya doin’, bud?  How ya been?’   Jes like that.  Like normal.  Two guys smoochin each other?  No way.  I can stand it ‘til later.  I ain’t kissin’ Jack out in the street.

He drained the rest of the amber fluid from the bottle as his mind drifted away, slowly filling with precious, secret, tightly-held memories of big teeth and full, curved lips, of dark hair and broad shoulders, of large, rough hands and tight denim and eyes that knew him so well…

The wind swirled and twisted, blowing fiercely in the street below as the sound of a pickup drew closer.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1897 on: September 11, 2007, 10:34:24 pm »
September 24th (4.15pm) by spiceylife

“If he shows.”

He’ll show.  Sure he will.  Jack Twist’s a man of his word, I know that much.  He’ll come.  Won’t he?

His nerves were almost shot.  The waiting was so hard.

Feel like a kid at Christmas waitin’ ta open the presents.  Jesus, hurry Jack…

He lit up another smoke, his twentieth for the day, and flicked the cheap, plastic lighter - on, off, on, off – his leg bouncing up and down with nervous tension…fiery anticipation at seeing that handsome face again, that ready smile….

What’ll I do?  Will I kiss him?  Like I used ta?  Sweetest lips I ever seen, ever tasted.  Or felt.  Ah, fuck, Del Mar!  You ain’t gonna kiss him!  Whatcha thinkin, ya damn fool?  Christ!  Kiss another man out in public?  Christ, anyone could see us, and no tellin what they’d fuckin do!  Ain’t gonna risk Alma seein’ us, no way.  No, ya ain’t kissin Jack here.  That ain’t gonna happen.  Save it for later, Del Mar. 

He grabbed another icy beer from the fridge, his eighth for the day, and gulped down most of it in one hit, trying to ease his frayed emotions.

When he gets here, I’ll jes’ walk down those stairs and slap him on the back a few times, just like I do with the other ranch hands when I ain’t seen ‘em in a while.  That’s it.  That’s what I’m gonna do.  Slap his back and say ‘How ya doin’, bud?  How ya been?’   Jes like that.  Like normal.  Two guys smoochin each other?  No way.  I can stand it ‘til later.  I ain’t kissin’ Jack out in the street.

He drained the rest of the amber fluid from the bottle as his mind drifted away, slowly filling with precious, secret, tightly-held memories of big teeth and full, curved lips, of dark hair and broad shoulders, of large, rough hands and tight denim and eyes that knew him so well…

The wind swirled and twisted, blowing fiercely in the street below as the sound of a pickup drew closer.

Wow, Spicey, what an addition to our September series!  Beautiful, just beautiful.  It is so good to see you, Spicey.  I really miss your gorgeous writing.  Thanks so much for posting this for us!  :)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1898 on: September 11, 2007, 10:40:04 pm »

BRAVO to both Littlewing and Spicey - the tension sure is mounting!! We got a glimpse of the surmounting anticipation from both perspectives! The 24th can't get here fast enough!  :D

Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: September 23rd (10:32 a.m.)
« Reply #1899 on: September 11, 2007, 11:43:34 pm »
“I wonder if he’ll let me touch him!”  Jack almost spoke out loud when he thought about the idyllic days and nights up on Brokeback.  All the hours of laughter, love, occasional tenderness.  Jack wanted Ennis.  He needed him.  He would bide his time, that is, if Ennis allowed it.  In a few days’ time, Jack Twist intended to propose to Ennis Del Mar.

Love this, Littlewing! I always laugh because for a second before Ennis gives Jack the greatest screen kiss of all time, Jack has the most startled look on his face. It's as though he's thinking, 'Sheee-it, is DelMar gonna punch me agin'? How do I get myself into these messes?!"
I think I'm gonna write a second part to your "September 23rd (10:32 a.m.). That OK with you, honey pie?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero