Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2123327 times)

Offline gwyllion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Backpacker
    • My fanfiction on AO3
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3600 on: May 19, 2009, 07:51:12 am »
"Husband?"  Squeee!  That was a surprise!
A companion where none had been expected...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3601 on: May 19, 2009, 11:23:51 pm »
"Husband?"  Squeee!  That was a surprise!

Oh, yes!  I've always thought of Ennis and Jack as a married couple.  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Jack's Lair(5)
« Reply #3602 on: May 23, 2009, 12:17:20 am »
Jack was well fed and very satisfied with himself as he walked out into the cold November air.  The restaurant was average, but managed to serve up a decent steak and lobster combination plate.  Jack smiled as he pulled his collar up as an ineffectual buffer to the biting cold.  He was very proud of himself, having treated Ennis to a good meal.  He looked back at the door and noticed that Ennis didn’t follow him out.  Jack headed back into the restaurant and looked around the dining room, but there was no Ennis.

Jack walked into the bar and had a look.  Ennis wasn’t there, either, but when he turned to exit the bar, Jack almost ran headlong into Ennis Del Mar.  “Whoa, there, Cowboy,” Ennis stated mildly, “where you been?  I went outside to look for you but you were nowhere to be found."  “I was out there for a minute, Friend, Jack answered, simply, “and I thought you were right in back of me, but it seems you never came out.  “I had to go to the men’s room,” Ennis announced. “No big deal.  Let’s go!”  Jack nodded and followed Ennis to the door.  “You better brace yourself for the cold, Friend,” Jack stated as they were making ready to go out.  “It got real frigid all of a sudden.” 

Ennis made a run for the truck.  He was not unaccustomed to the cold, but the snap was sudden and it was unrelenting.  Jack wasn’t far behind.  He opened the passenger’s door for Ennis and ran around to the driver’s side.  Once behind the wheel, Jack turned on the heater and shot Ennis a warm smile.  “I know the cold is rough, Friend, but I have an idea how to keep you warm.”  Ennis returned the smile.  “I know you do, Rodeo, but before we get into something, you gotta tell me how you came to get this place of yours.  How did you ever put something like this together?”  Jack looked out ahead.  “When we get back, I’ll tell you,” Jack finally spoke.  “I’m good at secrets; I’ve even kept a few from you.” When Jack noticed the hurt and confusion in Ennis’ eyes, he was quick to respond.  “No, no, nothing bad, Baby, but there are some things that I couldn’t tell you.  There is a lot to fess up to…a lot to explain…”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Jack's Lair(6)
« Reply #3603 on: June 09, 2009, 11:11:27 pm »
“I’m a bit afraid to hear you talk like this, Rodeo, and I’m not ashamed to admit it!”  Ennis spoke softly and ran his fingers nervously through his sandy colored hair.  Jack drove on in silence, but his blue eyes darted from the road to his lover.  Ennis blew the air out of his lungs when he realized that Jack was at a loss for words.  That Jack would be so quiet was very uncharacteristic and Ennis didn’t like it one bit.  “I told you there is nothing bad, Friend,” Jack offered, humbly.  “Just wait until we get back to the room and when you’re in my arms I’ll tell you.”  “Sure enough,” was all that Ennis could think to answer.  Jack directed his full attention back to the barren road.

Night had fallen, of course, and the sky was a dazzling canopy of stars.  The air was crisp and frigid.  Jack fished the keys to his lair out of his jacket pocket and poised it at the lock.  He turned to Ennis with an imploring look.  “You’re sure you want to come back here tonight?  We could head up to the campsite and put up the tent.” Jack was speaking so softly and gently that Ennis almost couldn’t hear.  “I can build a small fire and we can heat up some coffee and I have some good whiskey with me.  What d’ya think?”  Ennis managed a tiny smile.  The thought of camping out was attractive, even in the bitter cold.  But Ennis was anxious to hear one of Jack’s “secrets.”  He knew he would have to put out to hear it, but making love to his man was not a hardship.  “I would rather stay here for the night,” Ennis said, matter-of-factly.  “I’m a bit too tired to set-up camp right now.  I would rather lie out on those nice sheets you got in there.”  Jack nodded without another word and opened the door.

The lovemaking was languid, slow and so tender that Ennis thought he would weep.  He wondered if what Jack had been hiding was far more serious than he let on.  Jack was being attentive and selfless, even more than usual, and that was saying a lot.  Ennis wondered if the extra attention was borne of some sort of guilt, or perhaps Jack was simply more comfortable in his love “shack.”  Jack pulled Ennis close and kissed his hair again.  He traced tiny kisses along Ennis’ jaw line and sweetly kissed each of Ennis’ eyes.  Ennis Del Mar was overcome.  He sighed and wanted to hear what Jack promised to tell him.  “You owe me a confession, Rodeo,” Ennis said, nervously.  He steeled himself for what was to come.  Jack pulled his lover even closer and spoke into his cheek: “His name is Cleet McBryde……"

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jack's Lair(6)
« Reply #3604 on: June 16, 2009, 09:24:41 pm »
  Jack pulled his lover even closer and spoke into his cheek: “His name is Cleet McBryde……"

Uh-oh...

Hey there, Littlewing! It's been a long time. How is everything, baby?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3605 on: June 16, 2009, 10:08:43 pm »
Uh-oh...

Hey there, Littlewing! It's been a long time. How is everything, baby?

Well, hello, my love!  I'm doing well.  And you?  What do you think of my little "series?"  I hope you like it.  I'll have the next installment up soon. 

I would love to read one of your steamy tales.  One can only hope!   :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3606 on: June 17, 2009, 12:25:26 am »
Well, hello, my love!  I'm doing well.  And you?  What do you think of my little "series?"  I hope you like it.  I'll have the next installment up soon. 

I would love to read one of your steamy tales.  One can only hope!   :)

Well, I may repost one of my oldies (but goodies) just for you!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Jack's Lair(7)
« Reply #3607 on: June 17, 2009, 11:48:01 pm »
Thanks, Sugaboo!  I would love to read one of your golden oldies.  But for now, I've posted chapter 7.  Read on:

“Look, it happened that year before when I was up on Brokeback..a year before I even met you,” Jack said quickly, urgently, when he felt Ennis’ body tense at the mention of another man’s name.  Jack patted Ennis’ firm buttocks.  Ennis relaxed a bit, even though he knew when he was being placated.  Jack kissed Ennis quickly; it was an unexpected move.  Ennis was reminded of those days on the mountain when Jack was so ready and happy to offer a sweet kiss.  He only had to pass Jack to go take a leak and find that a good-bye kiss was forthcoming.  When he returned from taking a pee, Jack was there with a welcome smooch.  Ennis never objected then, and he craved the attention now.  Ennis puckered up and Jack delivered a tiny smack.  “Now let me continue,’ Jack whispered.  “We can kiss all you want later.”  Ennis settled next to Jack and pulled up on an elbow.  He motioned for Jack to go on.

“You wasn’t the first,” Jack said, thoughtfully.  “You remember when I told you about the year before we was up on Brokeback togehter?  Well, I never did tell you that I wasn't alone that summer."  Ennis nodded for Jack to continue.  "Cleet arrived on the mountain first and already had everything ready by the time I got there.”  Ennis was all ears.  “I was aware that Aguirre hired a herder, and I didn’t know what to expect, nor did I care.”  Jack placed a hand on Ennis’ shoulder and rubbed.  “Here it comes,” Ennis thought.  He knew it shouldn’t matter, but the thought of Jack with someone else stung.  “We hit it off from the beginning, and started working like a team.”  “Sounds familiar,” Ennis spat, bitterly.  Jack withdrew his hand.  He couldn’t understand Ennis’ sudden hostility.  When Ennis noticed his lover's hurt, he softened.  Jack didn’t deserve his attitude!  He only wanted to come clean, and Ennis knew he should feel grateful that Jack wanted to level with him.  “I’m sorry, Jack,” Ennis soothed.  “Is there more?”  Ennis began to fidget, and when Jack noticed his discomfort, he began to doubt his decision to tell all.  “There is more,” Jack stated after a few moments of silence.  “We made love.  We did, but it was nothing like I had with you..still have!”  Ennis accepted Jack’s confession - he had to!  Jack spoke as though the affair was in the past, and what is done is done.  “What happened to good ole Cleet?” Ennis asked.  “I don’t know, Friend,” Jack stated.  “He had family problems and decided not to return for a second year on the mountain, which is why Aguiree hired you, I’m sure.”  Jack’s hand returned to Ennis’ shoulder.  “To tell you the truth, I’m glad Cleet didn’t return.  I would never have met you,” Jack admitted, shyly.  He knew that he may have spilled too much to his lover, and he refused to meet Ennis’ eyes.  If he had, he would have noticed the moisture there.  Ennis was only a second from bawling like a baby.  He wanted to be close, and felt possesive, territorial.  Ennis pulled Jack close and held on.

After the moaning had died down and both men were spent and sore, Jack walked to the bathroom and Ennis took a moment to digest what Jack had confessed.  “So I wasn’t the first,” Ennis spoke out loud, softly.  “I should have known.  He was too sure of what he was doing…too skilled.”  Ennis turned over onto his back and buried his head in the down filled pillow.  He couldn’t help but wonder if Cleet was a thing of the past, or if Jack lied about that.  What if Cleet McBride was living down in Texas and the 2 of them met up on a regular basis?  If so, Ennis knew he would take a trip down to Childress and blow both their brains out!  “I’m such a knucklehead,” Ennis thought as he forced the silly thoughts away.  He had to trust Jack.  Why would Jack tell him about Cleet if he was still involved with him?  Jack didn’t have a death wish, did he?  Jack burst from the bathroom in a cloud of steam.  “You can take a shower if you want, Cowboy, and after that we can get some shut eye.  We can go up to camp tomorrow, right?”  Ennis nodded and walked toward the small bathroom.  “But before we go, I have something else to tell you…that is, if you want to hear…?

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Jack's Bath
« Reply #3608 on: June 20, 2009, 12:52:05 am »
The blue eyed fellow in the bathroom medicine cabinet mirror wanted to know how Jack got that shiner and who gave it to him; Jack shook his head and whispered, "Ennis ...Del Mar, " pulled off his T-shirt and stepped into the warm bath.

He rubbed the bar of Ivory soap between his hands and then rubbed the lather on his face and hair, down his neck and across his shoulders; Jack's tent pole poked through the top surface of the bath water as he envisioned Ennis' manly hands, his lips and hot mouth everywhere on his body.

Jack pulled the chain on the stopper with his toes and sat in the bathtub with his arms crossed until all of the water drained out.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #3609 on: June 21, 2009, 12:42:31 am »
Wow, Toy, is this new?  In any case, I'm loving it!  This tale is awesome!  Poor Jack, he couldn't get enough of Ennis, could he?