Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2119087 times)

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #290 on: June 19, 2007, 03:38:36 pm »
I live in Bavaria, about 30 km south of Munic, next to the beautiful Alpes!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #291 on: June 19, 2007, 06:55:55 pm »
I live in Bavaria, about 30 km south of Munic, next to the beautiful Alpes!

Ah, I was in Germany for the first time back in March...visiting a fellow Brokie!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cabin Fever
« Reply #292 on: June 19, 2007, 10:22:28 pm »
Marie, you are no "slouch" yourself.  Your stories are quite different from each other but they're all good.  I still haven't thought of anything to write.  I think I'm much better with "reality" than fiction. 

Merrily

Ah Merr, you're such a sweetie!  Thanks so much!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Bobby (Part 1 of 2)
« Reply #293 on: June 19, 2007, 10:45:24 pm »
Another Extreme AU.  This is what happens when I try to write while listening to the jazz stylings of Jeff Kashiwa!  :laugh:

Bobby Twist was turning out to be quite a musician.  Who knew?   He started playing sax at the tender age of 6 and never looked back.  Jack and Lureen encouraged him to take lessons, and Bobby found that the once a week sax lessons really helped him.  After all, he'll be a featured performer, with a solo in the school recital Saturday night.  Bobby belonged to the Childress High School jazz band; one of only 3 sax players.

Jack and Lureen were divorced when Bobby turned 14, and even though his dad lived in Wyoming with one Ennis Del Mar, he managed to make it to Childress to attend every one of Bobby’s performances.  Bobby was certainly expecting Jack to show up Saturday.  Lureen and her new husband couldn’t make it.  They were on an Alaskan cruise, leaving Bobby in the care of his maternal grandmother.

Saturday night and the auditorium was filled to capacity.  Bobby had his place among the other saxophone players, and as he scanned the crowd, he couldn’t find his dad.  The boy didn’t panic.  Jack had more than a half hour before the performance began to show up.  Ten more minutes and still no Jack..but wait!  Jack Twist walked through the auditorium door in haste.  He had a man with him: a fair haired, well built, almost absurdly handsome fellow.  Bobby realized that this person had to be Ennis Del Mar.  What a looker!  For a Rodeo fuckup, Bobby’s dad certainly had something on the ball to score a king like that!  Bobby never laid eyes on Ennis before, only knew what his mom and dad told him about Ennis Del Mar.  But Bobby would worry about that later……

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
Re: Bobby (Part 1 of 2)
« Reply #294 on: June 20, 2007, 12:06:01 am »
[ Jack Twist walked through the auditorium door in haste.  He had a man with him: a fair haired, well built, almost absurdly handsome fellow.  Bobby realized that this person had to be Ennis Del Mar.  What a looker!  For a Rodeo fuckup, Bobby’s dad certainly had something on the ball to score a king like that!  Bobby never laid eyes on Ennis before, only knew what his mom and dad told him about Ennis Del Mar.  But Bobby would worry about that later……

Oh sure, littlewing, just go to bed and leave us hanging!!!!

I've heard about girls like you!    :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Bobby (Part 1 of 2)
« Reply #295 on: June 20, 2007, 12:12:38 am »
Oh sure, littlewing, just go to bed and leave us hanging!!!!

I've heard about girls like you!    :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sorry, my loves!  I'll have the conclusion up tomorrow.  :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Dumb Sheep (part 2)
« Reply #296 on: June 20, 2007, 12:13:51 am »
Why the hell were you worried? I asked you to make it sweet, and you not only made it sweet but sexy and beautiful!

You are one hell of a writer, Marie, you leave all of us here breath- and speachless.

Dagis

Thanks so much, Dagi.  Perhaps we can do a tag team writing assignment.  Just name the time, the place, the fic!!  ;)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Dumb Sheep (part 2)
« Reply #297 on: June 20, 2007, 12:15:58 am »
Hi there Dagi,

I know what you're saying, and no I wasn't offended.  I too think that sex is a beautiful expression, and we're damn lucky that we have it.  And it's true that it has often been maligned in our culture.  Also, people who do the maligning often do so by insinuating that sex is dirty, etc.

But they say it's dirty as if that's a bad thing.  I'm a country boy, and I'm an avid amateur gardener.  I've planted plants and flowers all around my house, and I put in a vegetable garden in my back yard.  Dirt is not something that's bad in my view.  I love dirt.   :D  And when I suggest that sex is dirty, I mean it in the best possible way.  There's something so basic about sex, like planting a seed in the ground.  It's very earthy, and you might have to wash your hands after--along with other things--but that doesn't make it bad, and whoever thinks it does has been cooped up in a sanitized apartment in the city way too long.

I hope that helps you understand what I mean when I say I love it when the boys do nasty shit to each other.   :P  I'm speaking as the guy from rural West Virginia who just put humus laced with dung on his tomato plants.

Gary

Ah, Gary, good post!  I am just floored!  I love the planting the seed/gardening reference!  I started crying when I read this, Gary!  As I said before, you're a rare and beautiful man!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Blue Eyes (2)
« Reply #298 on: June 20, 2007, 12:17:46 am »

..... and the perfect continuation of this wonderful scene.

“I only wanted to hold you in my arms one more time….”  This makes me cry, Jack is left feeling so hurt and confused.

Susie

I know, Susie!  This is one of my all-time favorite scenes.  When Jack ropes Ennis with such skillful dexterity and tried to pull him close, I lose it! :'(

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #299 on: June 20, 2007, 12:19:46 am »
Toycoon and Marie,

the rope scene is one of my favorites, too, allthough it is so heartbreaking I sometimes can hardly stand it. The thought  of Ennis avoiding to look Jack in the eye for fear of losing control is sweet and sad. Sweet and sad, OMG how many times have we all used these words speaking about Ennis and Jack?

Dagi

:'(  :'(  :'( It is the saddest thing I've ever seen committed to film!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:34:58 am by littlewing1957 »