Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2121386 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #300 on: June 20, 2007, 12:20:52 am »
So girls and guys, please tell me what you think about it. Do I get the permission to post your stories in such an "archive thread"? I offer to do the work, of course, so the existence of this thread would not affect you in any way if you don´t want it to do.

Dagi

You have my permission, certainly, Dagi!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Blue Eyes (2)
« Reply #301 on: June 20, 2007, 12:23:36 am »
Hi there Toycoon and littlewing,

Thanks for expounding on the rope scene.  I think out of the whole store it's that scene that's always troubled me the most.  That's because I think everything might have been different if the boys had it in them to say something directly to each other in those last few minutes they had up there on Brokeback.  Ennis obviously did not want to go down the mountain, but for whatever reason, Jack, who normally was the one who took the most risks, decided to play it cool.  He acted like their parting wasn't a big deal.  I think Ennis, who looked to Jack to lead them in this strange "queer" territory, felt betrayed when Jack insinuated that it wasn't sad that their time together was coming to an end.  I think maybe this is why Ennis was never able to buy into Jack's offer of a "sweet life" after that.

I can more fully appreciate why Jack decided to be playful there at the end thanks to your fanfics, but obviously throwing a rope around Ennis just then was the wrong thing to do.  Ennis wasn't in a playful mood.  He was hurting, and although he didn't know how to express his emotions in words, he gave every clue that he needed Jack to take charge just as he had done during the second tent scene.  But I guess Jack himself was too scared to reveal too much to pick up on those clues.

Jack did offer to meet Ennis at Brokeback the next summer, but Ennis didn't really hear it.  After the way Jack pretended he didn't care that they were being sent down early, and after the incident with the rope, Ennis no longer took him seriously.  He couldn't be sure that if he gave Jack his heart he would treasure it.

Gary

Gary, great post!  And you have said something here that I've never considered: Ennis didn't take Jack seriously because of his cavalier attitude when it was time to leave Brokeback!  This is very deep, Gary!  I'm forever in awe when it comes to BBM!  Thanks so much for this, Sweets!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:35:31 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Cabin Fever
« Reply #302 on: June 20, 2007, 12:25:43 am »
Marie, you are no "slouch" yourself.  Your stories are quite different from each other but they're all good.  I still haven't thought of anything to write.  I think I'm much better with "reality" than fiction. 

Merrily

Why thanks, Merr.  But give fanfic a try.  You may be plesantly surprised.  Just write what's in you heart.  I do!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #303 on: June 20, 2007, 12:29:25 am »
This is a drabble that I wrote...thought you all might enjoy it!

Brokeback Mountain
July, 1963

At last, it was hot.

Summer had finally come to the mountain and the heat of the day lingered into the evening. Jack pulled the blankets out of the tent and spread them by the campfire. “C’mere, cowboy,” he said, pulling Ennis by the hand. “I want ta love ya under the stars,” turning to look at the inky darkness overhead.

“Wha….?” said Ennis, his voice slurred.

Jack bit his tongue. The love word had slipped out. He hadn’t meant to say it, but he knew now that he was desperately, hopelessly in love with this man. Tall, lean, with bony wrists and long legs, he realized he adored everything about him from the way he smiled at him over a can of beans to the way he said “Huh?” when he was confused.

“C’mon,” said Jack softly, pushing Ennis back to the blanket, unbuttoning his shirt and sliding it off his shoulders. He ran his tongue down Ennis’s chest, stopping at the twirl of hair around his navel, unbuckling his belt.

“I think I’m drunk…” said Ennis, his head lolling back on the blanket.

How drunk, Ennis? thought Jack. Drunk enough that if I say ‘I love you,’ you won’t remember it in the morning? Drunk enough that if I say I want to be with you forever, you’ll say yes?

“Ennis, I…”

“Shhh, Jack, stop talkin’,” said Ennis, turning onto his side and pulling Jack in for a rough kiss. “Let’s get ta the lovin’.”

Jack froze, the word hanging in the air between them.

“Under the stars…”

Sublime, Mainewriter!  Thanks so much for writing this for us!  I can't even put into words how this sweet tale makes me feel.  Warm starry nights, loving under the stars?  It is just too perfect!  I'm trembling, really.  So romantic, so typical of our boys.  Gorgeous, gorgeous writing.  If you have a chance, please post something else for us.  I'm excited!  :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 12:36:31 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Under the Stars
« Reply #304 on: June 20, 2007, 12:39:54 am »

“Ennis, I…”

“Shhh, Jack, stop talkin’,” said Ennis, turning onto his side and pulling Jack in for a rough kiss. “Let’s get ta the lovin’.”

Jack froze, the word hanging in the air between them.

“Under the stars…”

Very nice, Leslie. Great story to read. Love it!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #305 on: June 20, 2007, 12:42:56 am »
You have my permission, certainly, Dagi!  :)

You can post my stories, too, Dagi baby. I only ask that you post the stories in proper order, if possible. Such as "Blue Eyes", parts one and two.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Bobby (Part 1 of 2)
« Reply #306 on: June 20, 2007, 12:46:18 am »
:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Sorry, my loves!  I'll have the conclusion up tomorrow.  :laugh:

I don't know that I can wait that long, littlewing1957. I'm an old dude, remember!

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Wrestlin'
« Reply #307 on: June 20, 2007, 12:49:43 am »
 There they were, shirtless, their backs smeared with dirt and sweat, muscles glistening in the warm sun, face to face, circling each other like mountain lions in a territorial stand off when Ennis barked, "C'mon rodeo, let's see what ya got! Lemme have it!"

With that, Jack rushed towards Ennis, stumbling on a gouge in the dirt and plowing straight into Ennis, who grabbed Jack in a headlock and shouting, "Say it ! Say it ! " forced him to the ground; the pressure of Ennis sprawled on top of him was at once enjoyable but excruciating to Jack, who bucked like a bull and managed to flip Ennis on his back.

Pinning down Ennis' arms above his head, Jack sitting squarely on Ennis' crotch, crawled up Ennis' body, planting sloppy, wet, 'puppy kisses' trailing up his shiny chest, neck and face finally boxing Ennis' ears with his knees; " I' ll show you what I got, cowboy! " he growled, unbuckling his trousers then Ennis hollered, " Uncle! "

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Exploring
« Reply #308 on: June 20, 2007, 01:07:45 am »
Brokeback days and nights were often slow and boring for two young men who were not yet twenty.  Herding sheep all day, bedding them down at night was not only back breaking work, but it was also repetitive, dull, only worthy of those who lack education or marketable skills.  But it was work, and the pay seemed decent.

To ease the mind numbing monotony, Jack and Ennis vowed to take a few hours off weekends to explore the enchanting Brokeback Mountain.  They discovered meadows where exotic looking flowers grew; streams and creeks that were unspoiled and undisturbed!  For almost 2 months Jack and Ennis wandered the mountain, hand-in-hand, to see what they could see.

One Saturday Jack led Ennis to a clearing that he discovered while commuting back up to the mountain.  Ennis almost lost his senses as he beheld the beauty.  He touched the fragrant flowers, inhaled the heady aromas.  The clearing looked like a fine place to set up a tent, spend the night.  Spending the night together was forbidden, certainly, but who was to know?  Ennis found that he loved this game of exploring.  And suddenly his mind was drawn to a time when he explored something very private, very tight and sweet.  As he prepared the tent, Ennis thought that if he played his cards right, he may be allowed to once again explore where no other man had gone before...

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Wrestlin'
« Reply #309 on: June 20, 2007, 01:09:13 am »
There they were, shirtless, their backs smeared with dirt and sweat, muscles glistening in the warm sun, face to face, circling each other like mountain lions in a territorial stand off when Ennis barked, "C'mon rodeo, let's see what ya got! Lemme have it!"

With that, Jack rushed towards Ennis, stumbling on a gouge in the dirt and plowing straight into Ennis, who grabbed Jack in a headlock and shouting, "Say it ! Say it ! " forced him to the ground; the pressure of Ennis sprawled on top of him was at once enjoyable but excruciating to Jack, who bucked like a bull and managed to flip Ennis on his back.

Pinning down Ennis' arms above his head, Jack sitting squarely on Ennis' crotch, crawled up Ennis' body, planting sloppy, wet, 'puppy kisses' trailing up his shiny chest, neck and face finally boxing Ennis' ears with his knees; " I' ll show you what I got, cowboy! " he growled, unbuckling his trousers then Ennis hollered, " Uncle! "

Toycoon, great playful tale.  Is this new?