Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2121638 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #390 on: June 23, 2007, 12:25:13 pm »
What about "Little Miss Sunshine?"
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #391 on: June 23, 2007, 12:27:20 pm »
Thanks so much for the encouragement, Clyde.  It helps a lot, believe me.

Sorry to hear you had a rough week last week.  It must have been hard having the anniversary of your mother's death come on the heels of Father's day.  Parents can drive us crazy when they're alive, but it sure feels strange when they're no longer with us.

Gary

I'm glad to see you survived it, too.

Offline Clyde-B

Re: Hot and Cold
« Reply #392 on: June 23, 2007, 12:36:33 pm »
Ennis Del Mar carried Jack Twist in his arms all the way back to camp.  Camp was a good 2 miles from the hiking trail, but Ennis never considered dropping Jack on his feet.  Never.  Jack was just fine an hour ago, but he became lethargic and weak as he climbed the small hill that led to..well..Ennis and Jack were exploring again, just like the old days up on Brokeback.

Jack collapsed in Ennis’ arms, and Ennis cried out in terror!  He scooped Jack up, carried him like he was a child to a log by the side of the trail.  Ennis placed his cheek against Jack’s forehead.  He was burning up!  “It looks like you’ve come down with a bug, Rodeo!”  Ennis whispered against Jack’s hair.  Jack wavered and leaned up against his lover.  “I’m sorry, friend.”  Jack's breathing was labored.  “I was fine until just a few minutes ago.  Can we head back to camp?  I’m sure I’ll be back to my old self in the mornin’.”  Ennis nodded and picked Jack up as though we were light as a feather. 

“Let me down, Friend, I can walk!”  But Ennis ignored his lover’s protestations and continued walking with Jack in his arms.  Jack knew better than to continue objecting.  When Ennis had a mind to do something, he could be right stubborn!  Jack laid his head against Ennis' neck and passed out.  When they reached camp, Ennis gently lowered Jack to the ground and climbed into the tent.  He prepared the bedroll, and climbed back out to collect his lover.  When Jack was safely inside their small “bed” Ennis considered what to do.  He rubbed Jack’s forehead, played with the hair lying there.  He decided to give Jack a few aspirin, and if he wasn’t better in a few hours, he would go down to town for help.  Ennis decided to turn in for the night, without a fire, without supper.  He wanted to be near Jack, be there for him!  It was cold outside, the bedroll was hot, but Ennis cuddled Jack into his arms and held him.  He rocked him gently, placing soft kisses on top of his head.  He would stay there with Jack until the end of time, if need be…

Don't you dare go killing him off again!  Once was bad enough.  I couldn't take it twice.

Offline Clyde-B

Re: Cooking Stew (part2)
« Reply #393 on: June 23, 2007, 12:44:20 pm »
“What has gotten into you, Ennis Del Mar?”  Jack asked as he pulled away from Ennis’ attacks.  He wiped at his wet mouth, laughing all the while.  “You keep that up, this meal will never get finished.  The stew won’t cook itself!”  But Ennis reached for him all over again.  He pulled Jack into a strong embrace, kissed him on the mouth, his cheeks.

Jack was trying to control his breathing.  He had never seen Ennis is such a state.  It was at once exciting and frightening.  Jack allowed himself to be hugged and kissed.  After all, he loved Ennis Del Mar and always craved the feel of his lips. 

“Okay, Cowboy?”  Jack asked as Ennis came up for air.  Ennis chuckled softly as he released his lover.  “Look En, I got all the ingredients ready for a good meal.  Elk, potatoes!  And the fire is ready.  This elk stew will be real good."  Ennis winked at reached for Jack's zipper.  “You got anything else good for me to eat, Rodeo?”

Why, whatever could he be suggesting?   :o   *fan fan fan*  My, but it's hot in here.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #394 on: June 23, 2007, 01:17:03 pm »
Hey kids-
Here's a little bit of shameless, self-promotion. I just started a new thread I hope y'all like, Brokeback Mountain Craft Corner.

Here's the link: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,10857.0/topicseen.html

Let me know what you think, huh?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #395 on: June 23, 2007, 01:23:51 pm »
Thanks so much for the encouragement, littlewing.  I appreciate it.  I vacillate between being afraid I'm about to homeless and completely alone, to anticipating the biggist adventure of my life. I'm sure I'll start to feel much better once I find a suitable place and move in. it's just going to take some time and effort is all.  

Gary

Hello Gary, boy-
You're not really on the verge of homelessness are you? What is goin' on there? You can't stay at your daddy's place?
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #396 on: June 23, 2007, 01:47:49 pm »
Hi there Toycoon,

This house belongs to my uncle, and he's going to sell it.  It's time for me to move on anyway.  There's nothing keeping me in WV anymore.  I want to go someplace more liberal, so I'm thinking about California.  Merced in particular because it's a small town and the rent isn't too high, and it's right beside Yosemite.  I love hiking and camping, so that's a big plus.  And Merced isn't far from San Francisco, so that's another mark in its favor.  It also has a Mediterranean climate with cool, wet winters, and hot dry summers.  Because of my head surgeries I have trouble keeping my balance on ice and snow, so escaping winters here in the mountain state would be wonderful.

Gary

California!? That's where I live. It would be great to have another quality Brokie on this side of the country. Merr lives in Southern Cali, too, ya'know. Hey, we could have our own reunion!

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #397 on: June 23, 2007, 02:14:53 pm »
That would be great, Toycoon.  Maybe we could all go on a picnic together in Yosemite Valley in the shade of El Capitan.

Gary

Take lots of pictures!!!!

Dagi

« Reply #398 on: June 23, 2007, 03:13:09 pm »
That would be great, Toycoon.  Maybe we could all go on a picnic together in Yosemite Valley in the shade of El Capitan.

Gary

That sounds so great, you have to move there, so that we can visit you! Hiking in Yosemite, yeehaaaw! My next holiday will bring me in the US, that´s for sure.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Coming Down
« Reply #399 on: June 23, 2007, 03:42:03 pm »
I'm so glad you liked it, littlewing.  As for John, I have to give Susie credit for creating him and his name.  I borrowed the John from her story and imagined what life must be like for him and Ennis 20 years later.

So you like my picture, huh? 

Is this where we start talking about IMing and webcams? 

Thanks so much, littlewing.

Gary

P.S.  And yes, you have to post your pic.  I'd love to see ya!

Thanks, Gary.  I hope to have my pic up by tonight, tomorrow latest!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 06:50:00 pm by littlewing1957 »