Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2119432 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Close Call
« Reply #590 on: June 30, 2007, 11:45:01 pm »
Oh, Marie.  I read this story 20 minutes ago and it just threw me for a loop.  It hit me really hard - 60 years and he is still loving Jack.  So, so so so sad.  Maybe they will meet again in the hereafter. I hope so.  I'm glad Ennis has Junior though.  What about Junior's mom? 

I loved it Marie.  You sure know how to get my emotions raging. 
Love,

Merrily

Hi, Merr!  I'm so glad you liked the story.  I wasn't sure how it would be received.  I'll write a more upbeat story next time!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #591 on: June 30, 2007, 11:47:37 pm »
Heartbreaking, littlewing.  I like the idea of Ennis living to be an old man, and it's wonderful that Jenny bought him a house, and Jr. is looking after him, but it's hard to think of Ennis falling apart.  And Alma Jr. carrying him...  Poor Ennis.

Good story!

Gary

Gary, I had a hard time imagining Ennis living to 80, with the smoking, the divorce, the heartbreak of Jack's passing, and all.  But it is possible to have someone in Ennis' condition live to be 80, I guess.  Or is this anouther AU piece?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #592 on: July 01, 2007, 01:13:57 am »
Great to see you Spicey!! Sorry that your folks aren't well. That's very stressful. Come on the board whenever you get a chance---it's good stress relief!! Missed ya---take care mate!!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #593 on: July 01, 2007, 05:42:34 am »
An 80 year old Ennis Del Mar returned to his home after a 2 month stay in the County Hospital.  He suffered a moderate heart attack, and the doctors released him reluctantly, and only under the condition that he had someone home at all times to look after him.  As it turned out, Alma Jr. was available to move in with her dad, as her husband passed away several years ago, and her 2 children left home even before Kurt died.  Ennis considered himself a very lucky man to not only survive an attack that could have killed him, but to have a loving daughter – well – 2 loving daughters!  Jenny bought him the house shortly before she moved overseas to pursue a singing career. 

Alma practically carried a still weak Ennis into the living room, and lowered him to the couch.  She made him as comfortable as she could before heading to the kitchen to put away the few groceries purchased earlier.  Ennis found himself alone in his living room and allowed his thoughts to drift back to his first night in the ICU.  He was groggy from the medicines, but he was certain he heard a familiar voice.  It was muffled and vague at first, but became clearer, louder.  Ennis was sure he heard the words, “Come to me, Baby!”  The voice was sad, hesitant.  Ennis knew who called him, but he wasn’t ready to go just yet. 

The hospital sent over a social worker to check on Ennis’ progress, and to make sure that someone was at the house to care for him.  Alma offered the young man a cup of coffee and left them alone to have a talk.  The young man asked Ennis if he was experiencing any depression, loneliness, fear, regret.  Ennis shook his head no, but thought he had better tell the worker about the voice he heard.  The young man listened to Ennis recount the words, “Come to me, Baby” with particular interest. 

“And you say you know who was calling you?”  The young man asked as he took notes.  “Why don’t you tell me who that person is?”

“Was!”  Ennis began.  “Was!”  He pulled his hand-made blanket up to his chin and fought back tears.

“His name was Jack Twist and we was herding sheep almost 60 years ago up on Brokeback Mountain….”

What a touching story, Marie. And so good to know that he will have someone to lead him across the line and welcome him home when it´s time for him to go.

Thank you !

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Pete's Saloon
« Reply #594 on: July 01, 2007, 05:47:29 am »
Gary, I love the image of ours boys dancing in a tight embrace, so tight that one of them even can fall asleep and is still held by the other one. They probably didn´t speak it out, but they sure knew how to show love. I especially loved that line:

.... but they allowed the passion to fade.  After two nights of lovemaking the old urgency was replaced by a different yearning.

Thank you for posting it again.

Dagi

« Reply #595 on: July 01, 2007, 06:30:51 am »
Our dearest Spiceylife,

come here whenever you need some distraction, it´s okay that you "don´t leave no sign", we know that you are there and we are with you in our

thoughts. I wish you strength. And don´t worry about being a ´downer´. We all want to be there for each other. This is not a place to come only with a

smile on your face, but a family that sticks together in hard times as well. Take what you need, and give only what you can give.

Take care, honey, I´m sending you all my love.

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #596 on: July 01, 2007, 12:11:53 pm »
Hi, guys.
I really want you to know that I haven’t been deliberately away from you by choice, but rather by necessity, unfortunately.  I really miss you all.

Dear Spiceylife,
I am so sorry to hear of your situation. I hope you have some loving support to take care of your feelings and at least to take of your household. There's no question, you must take care of your parents; nothing else is as important. Your parents need you, especially your daddy. We love you, too but believe me, we'll keep. You know where to find us. Come back when you can, when you need a little diversion and a pinch of 'nasty'.
Warmest regards,
Toycoon
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #597 on: July 01, 2007, 12:42:07 pm »
Also, after being crowned the most nasty person here, at least for a day, I wanted to show my softer, more romantic side.

Aww gee whiz, garycottle! We would love to see your soft, romantic side. Now drop them drawers and lets have a look!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:56:26 pm by Toycoon »
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

« Reply #598 on: July 01, 2007, 12:46:30 pm »
Thanks so much, Dagi.  This was my little homage to the dozy embrace.

And that reminds me, I have been looking at monuments because I'm going to buy one for my parent's graves soon, and an idea popped into my head.  Wouldn't it be great if someone made a life-sized bronze statue of Jack and Ennis in their classic dozy embrace so it could be placed at the head of the graves of a gay couple?   :)

Gary

This is a wunderful, lovely idea, Gary. You are a romantic person, that´s for sure.

Dagi

Red and Sweet
« Reply #599 on: July 01, 2007, 12:49:26 pm »
Red and Sweet by Dagi

„Look what I found on the way back!“ Ennis dismounted quickly, took one of the tiny red fruits out of his Resistol and put it without asking right between Jack´s lips.

„Mmmmm, wild raspberries, love them...“ mumbled Jack, savouring the sweetness mixed with the taste of Ennis´ hands.

Ennis kept feeding Jack, smiling happily, enjoying  the sense of the warm moist soft lips when out of a sudden Jack caught hold of his hand, and started to lick the juice off his thumb, then sucked each single finger deep into his hot mouth, wrapping his tongue around it, closing his lips tightly, and unzipped Ennis´ jeans...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 01:08:00 pm by Dagi »