Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2120848 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1020 on: July 20, 2007, 12:42:53 am »
I'm looking forward to it, littlewing.  You're so sweet to welcome me to your neck of the woods.

Gary

I'm counting the days!  What shall we have?  Seafood?  What do you like?

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The Drive-In
« Reply #1021 on: July 20, 2007, 12:47:08 am »
Very sweet and endearing family moment, littlewing.  This reminds me of the times my parents took my sister and me out to local drive-ins.  Back in the late 60's and early 70's there weren't any chain fast food restaurants around here, but there were still quite a few old-fashioned drive-ins.  We always went on warm summer nights and my parents were still young and full of life.

Gary 

Gary, this sort of thing is what inspired the story.  I was just driving around Lake Merritt and noticed that we have a few Drive-in like places still in business.  One of the most frequented is a place called "Quik Way" which has a place to drive up and park, but we no longer have waitresses come to the car to take orders.  My mom and her girfriends used to go to drive-ins all the time when we lived in Oklahoma City.  My parents and us kids at the Drive-in.  Good times!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1022 on: July 20, 2007, 12:48:02 am »
How true.  My daughter always makes sure she gets to stop there whenever she is here in San Diego.  I have a place in downtown San Diego that was across from the building I used to work in.  Their burgers and fries were to die for - really, and they were cooked just exactly the way I ordered them - medium rare.  Still juicy and tasty.  The fries are the best in SD for sure and such a big portion too - my weakness.

I bet you guys have In-N-Out burgers everywhere down your way?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1023 on: July 20, 2007, 12:53:52 am »

Hello~~~~~waving~~~~~from Arkansas

Sweet story, Littlewing.  :)

We have Sonics. I go in my jammies and bring my dog. Good fun and food!! LOL   Are there Sonics in ya'll's part of the world??
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #1024 on: July 20, 2007, 01:05:13 am »
This is just a harmless, pointless AU  :laugh: More like a slice of life piece than anything else.

The Drive-In by Littlewing1957

Even the most harmless, most pointless AU story (your words!) contain so much beauty:

Jack walked into the embrace, cuddled his man and his child.  ........ They ate in silence, so content, and so much in love.

Every night another story. You take my breath away! Thank you so much!

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Son Of A Bitch
« Reply #1025 on: July 20, 2007, 01:07:29 am »
Do you believe me now, Dagi?  You are amazing, I think - in every way. 

Stop making me blush. But thank you honey. Hey, you are amazing, too! you come here and flood the board with love! SOOOO good to have you back!

Dagi

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1026 on: July 20, 2007, 01:17:41 am »
Shasta, sadly the closest one to me is in El Centro - about 100 miles away.  Not in my usual path for sure.  There aren't any near San Fran either.  One of the best drive-ins - Cherry Limeade, Burgers, Fries - yumm.....eeee.  I was hoping they would put one in SD because then my daughter would come back for sure!

Awwww....I wish they had one there, too. Must be your daughter's favorite! LOL. What do you like to get? Have you ever had chili cheese fries? I get those ---too often. And I like the peach tea and raspberry tea too. Hard to believe our little bitty town has one---it does good business tho. And gives the teens a place to work.  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Mexico or Bust
« Reply #1027 on: July 20, 2007, 01:24:02 am »
Mexico or Bust by Littlewing 1957

Jack picked up a colorful brochure from his oak desk and looked at it so sadly.  He knew the answer even before he dared to ask!  There was no way that a one Ennis Del Mar would agree to spend a few weeks with him in sunny Cabo San Lucas.  But he had to try.  Jack placed the brochure in a large envelope and dropped it in the mailbox. 

He drove away from his house so lost in thought that he almost ran over his neighbor’s cat!  “That’s it!”  Jack chided himself.  “I gotta pull myself together.  If Ennis won’t go, well, it’s not the end of the world!”  He drove to work in a record 10 minutes and sat at his station, hoping to make at least one sale that day.

12:00 noon and no customers.  Jack rubbed his stiff neck and went into the back office to prepare a cup of coffee.  He looked at his ceramic coffee pot and felt a sharp stab.  What was it Ennis said?  “Jack, the only traveling I do is going around the coffee pot looking for the handle.”  Jack shook his head and poured himself a cup.  He walked back to his desk and sipped the strong brew.  He let himself daydream about a trip to Mexico with Ennis.  He imagined them getting cozy in their richly appointed hotel room; drinking exotic mixed concoctions at the bar; walking hand-in-hand along the cape.  If only…

One week later Jack stepped on his front porch to retrieve the mail.  It was Saturday and he was grateful for the day off.  Last week was rather slow, but the slow days were as trying as busy times.  He separated the envelopes by type: the bills landed in one pile while everything else - ads and other junk mail - were dropped in the round file.  And then he saw it!  A post card from Riverton Wy.  Jack was shaking as he turned the card over to read the message.  He smiled, almost cried out with laughter as he read,

“Rodeo, tell me more!”

Jack sat down at his desk and pulled out the brochure that he kept for himself.  He placed a call to his travel agent…..

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1028 on: July 20, 2007, 01:24:54 am »
Hello~~~~~waving~~~~~from Arkansas

Sweet story, Littlewing.  :)

We have Sonics. I go in my jammies and bring my dog. Good fun and food!! LOL   Are there Sonics in ya'll's part of the world??

Sure.  They're in the suburbs, though.  No Sonics in Oakland.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1029 on: July 20, 2007, 01:25:38 am »
Even the most harmless, most pointless AU story (your words!) contain so much beauty:

Jack walked into the embrace, cuddled his man and his child.  ........ They ate in silence, so content, and so much in love.

Every night another story. You take my breath away! Thank you so much!

Dagi

Ah Dagi, you're so sweet.  Thank you so much!