Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2122071 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1190 on: August 01, 2007, 02:15:02 pm »
Very cute premise, Dagi!

If the boys were 19 in 1963, they'd be 63 years old now---is that right, Toycoon? They'd have been born in 1944.

Still young enough to learn to use the computer, Ennis!
  :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #1191 on: August 01, 2007, 03:42:12 pm »
Very cute premise, Dagi!

If the boys were 19 in 1963, they'd be 63 years old now---is that right, Toycoon? They'd have been born in 1944.

Still young enough to learn to use the computer, Ennis!
  :)

Hi Shasta!  Nice to see you here! Thanks for doing the maths for us!

Dagi

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1192 on: August 01, 2007, 03:52:46 pm »
 ;D

**Just so I don't have to do no algebra**   :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1193 on: August 01, 2007, 04:34:37 pm »
Check out David and Melissa's discussion about "plot bunnies". It reminded me of ya'll --Dagi, Toycoon, Gary, Susie, Littlewing, and other writers on the thread. I just imagine you have plot bunnies visit quite often!  ;)

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,4739.1850.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #1194 on: August 01, 2007, 04:56:32 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My plot "bunnies" rather look like that:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1195 on: August 01, 2007, 06:48:39 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

My plot "bunnies" rather look like that:

:laugh: Those will really keep you awake!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
One Night up on Brokeback
« Reply #1196 on: August 01, 2007, 10:32:55 pm »
One Night up On Brokeback by Littlewing 1957

Late one afternoon up on Brokeback Ennis and Jack were enjoying a bottle of whiskey on shares after a dinner of beans, peaches and coffee.  Ennis shot a small rabbit up on the mountain, but it was “putrid!”  Jack skinned the poor rabbit and found its skin was coated in yellow pus!  The poor animal's hide almost fell apart in Jack’s hands.  No meat for them that night!

It was okay.  The beans were filling, and the peaches made for a nice dessert.  Jack sat beside Ennis, and neither spoke.  Nothing needed to be said as they watched the sun begin its descent.  They drank their whiskey, enjoyed the moment.   

The spiders up on Brokeback were plentiful and, to the boys' dismay, rather aggressive.  Ennis removed his shirt hours before the meal, and felt a small prick on his upper forearm.  He slapped at the spider, and felt a small amount of blood drip down to his fingers.  Jack rubbed his lover’s arm and looked down to the ground where the bug fell dead.  Jack rose from the log where he and Ennis sat and climbed into the tent for some sort of ointment to spread on Ennis’ bite.  Jack didn’t want the bite to develop a bubble, as often happened.  Ennis didn’t see, but Jack removed the good sized black bug from the ground and carried it into the tent.  He didn’t know what kind of spider he held, and he didn't care.  He also couldn't say what made him do it, but Jack held the bug’s carcass and pulled it apart, piece by piece.  He angrily stomped what was left of the spider, and left the tent with a bottle of alcohol to tend to his lover.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: One Night up on Brokeback
« Reply #1197 on: August 01, 2007, 11:50:52 pm »
Hmmm  Littlewing, this story is kind of disturbing.  Are you okay?  Are the darker forces of nature too much with you tonight?

It's interesting that you reminded us that death, decay and destruction were all around the boys up on Brokeback, even though they, and we, tend to think of it as a kind of Eden.

Gary

:laugh:  :laugh: Gary, I don't know!!!  I can't say why I wrote this story.  I had a decent day at work; even got off early to spend some time with Maria.  But this tale just sort of...well, materialized!

Dagi

« Reply #1198 on: August 02, 2007, 12:29:18 am »
One Night up On Brokeback by Littlewing 1957

Late one afternoon up on Brokeback Ennis and Jack were enjoying a bottle of whiskey on shares after a dinner of beans, peaches and coffee.  Ennis shot a small rabbit up on the mountain, but it was “putrid!”  Jack skinned the poor rabbit and found its skin was coated in yellow pus!  The poor animal's hide almost fell apart in Jack’s hands.  No meat for them that night!

It was okay.  The beans were filling, and the peaches made for a nice dessert.  Jack sat beside Ennis, and neither spoke.  Nothing needed to be said as they watched the sun begin its descent.  They drank their whiskey, enjoyed the moment.   

The spiders up on Brokeback were plentiful and, to the boys' dismay, rather aggressive.  Ennis removed his shirt hours before the meal, and felt a small prick on his upper forearm.  He slapped at the spider, and felt a small amount of blood drip down to his fingers.  Jack rubbed his lover’s arm and looked down to the ground where the bug fell dead.  Jack rose from the log where he and Ennis sat and climbed into the tent for some sort of ointment to spread on Ennis’ bite.  Jack didn’t want the bite to develop a bubble, as often happened.  Ennis didn’t see, but Jack removed the good sized black bug from the ground and carried it into the tent.  He didn’t know what kind of spider he held, and he didn't care.  He also couldn't say what made him do it, but Jack held the bug’s carcass and pulled it apart, piece by piece.  He angrily stomped what was left of the spider, and left the tent with a bottle of alcohol to tend to his lover.

Hm, I was expecting something completely different after reading the title ::).

You found it disturbing, Gary?  :P :P :P I´ve just had enough of pus with my cat gotten bitten; he developed a big bubble full of that stuff on his poor bum. And spiders......don´t like them so much either. Although ours don´t bite.

But.........Jack mad at a spider that had bitten his lover, so mad tht he did what he did, that warms my heart  :D. This love was what made Brokeback an Eden, despite everything else.

Thanks for that heartwarming story   ;)!

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1199 on: August 02, 2007, 01:21:37 am »
Hm, I was expecting something completely different after reading the title ::).

You found it disturbing, Gary?  :P :P :P I´ve just had enough of pus with my cat gotten bitten; he developed a big bubble full of that stuff on his poor bum. And spiders......don´t like them so much either. Although ours don´t bite.

But.........Jack mad at a spider that had bitten his lover, so mad tht he did what he did, that warms my heart  :D. This love was what made Brokeback an Eden, despite everything else.

Thanks for that heartwarming story   ;)!

Dagi

This is the feeling I wanted to convey, Dagi!  Jack so angry that the bug hurt his lover that he ripped it to shreads.  I can really image Jack doing something like this!  Thanks for your kind words!