Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2119451 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1230 on: August 03, 2007, 01:46:33 am »
Hi Marie,

I was seriously hoping that I didn´t cross a line with this very spontaneously written piece. Thanks for your kind words!

Dagi

No, never!  The steamier the better, as far as I'm concerned!  ;)

Dagi

« Reply #1231 on: August 03, 2007, 01:46:49 am »
we like it quick and dirty

maybe you should write that on page one of this thread as a motto  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The Tree
« Reply #1232 on: August 03, 2007, 01:48:32 am »
The Tree by Toycoon

Ennis rode faster and faster, against the wind and into the sun, until he was at the very precipice of the mountain where he yanked the reins and hopped off his horse then stood looking at the plum tree he' d spotted a few days before, growing just over the edge of the steep cliff ; it was dangerous to try to pick the fruit but he knew that the taste would be so sweet after suffering with beans for all these weeks.

He slowly crept to the edge as though he were stalking prey, knelt down and set one foot, then the other to the ledge below reaching his hand over the side toward the delicate fruit on a low branch; the dirt ledge gave way and Ennis gasped as he felt himself falling deeper and deeper into the abyss.

When Ennis opened his eyes, his lashes brushed against Jack's musty hair, his nose drawing in the grassy scent and he could feel Jack's pulsing heartbeat through his arms; Ennis untangled himself from Jack and put on his plaid shirt, his coat and hat, then he stared at Jack for a bit, kissed Jack goodbye and took off for the sheep on horseback.

Great tale, Toycoon!  I especially love the end when they boys part ways, without even one word spoken, so deep is their connection.  Gorgeous writing, babe!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1233 on: August 03, 2007, 01:49:28 am »
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I miss Susie!  But I hope she's having a good time.

Gary

I know what you mean, Gary!  I miss SusieBaby, too!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1234 on: August 03, 2007, 01:50:26 am »
Gary, Marie, Toycoon, have a good night! My kids just woke up, I gotta go! It was worth standing up early!

Love, Dagi

Night, Dagi!  Sweet dreams, my love!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The Tree
« Reply #1235 on: August 03, 2007, 01:51:23 am »
Don't be silly, Dagi, dear, we all know why we're here: 'Cause we like it quick and dirty. Sometimes I lapse into the poetic/romantic but Susie's and your stories remind me that we're all drawn to the hot and sexy tales by far! I have a new one cooking right now. I'll post it tomorrow.

Same here, Toycoon!  I can't wait to read your hot tale.  I'll post mine tomorrow, as well!

Dagi

Re: Shades of Blue
« Reply #1236 on: August 03, 2007, 03:26:08 am »
Shades of Blue by Littlewing 1957

Tending camp was boring, indelicate work, but Ennis was becoming used to it.  He was a decent cook, even managing to make tasty meals with the meager provisions given him.  Some days were better than others, but after a particularly lusty night with Jack Twist, Ennis woke restless and lonely.

It was against his better nature, his sense of duty, but Ennis needed to see his friend.  Jack was due back to camp for his supper in about 5 hours, but Ennis couldn’t wait that long.  He decided to take supper to Jack.  Ennis packed a few cans of beans, a can of Vienna sausages, some peaches and a jug of whiskey.  By the time he arrived up the mountain, Jack would already have a fire.  His tent should also be equipped with a small pot.  They should find everything they needed to cook and eat a decent meal.

Ennis found Jack after a few hours.  He was sitting on a log, patting one of the blue healers, his harmonica in his lap.  The sight of so many shades of blue gave Ennis pause.  He took in Jack’s blue shirt, Jack's dark wash blue denims and the blue/black coat of the puppy.   All of this silent, softly animated shades of blue positioned against the robin’s egg blue of the Wyoming sky wove a deep and lonely spell. The blue puppy heard Ennis' approach after a moment and ran to him, tail wagging.  Jack looked up, blue eyes dancing and hopeful.  He ran into Ennis’ arms, encircling him in a tangle of blue.

Aaahhh, Marie, what an endearing little tale, so sweet and romantic. I can feel Ennis´ yearning for Jack. And since I´ve watched BBM the color blue has gotten a completely new importance.....lovely how you make Jack  "bathe" in blue, that´s a beautiful image.

Thanks for sharing, sweetie!

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1237 on: August 03, 2007, 03:27:16 am »
Night, Dagi!  Sweet dreams, my love!  :)

:laugh: I´m starting the day, honey! :laugh:

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1238 on: August 03, 2007, 09:35:02 am »
Jack looked up, blue eyes dancing and hopeful.  He ran into Ennis’ arms, encircling him in a tangle of blue.

What a gorgeous story, littlewing1957. Stunning imagery and so easy to read! I love the color blue, too. Me, Jack and Ennis.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #1239 on: August 03, 2007, 11:09:49 pm »
Hi there littlewing.  I should be in bed by now, so forgive me if I say something here that sounds a bit off.   :laugh: 

I just love the idea of Ennis missing Jack so much that he can't wait a moment longer to see him.  There's just something deeply romantic him taking off up the mountain like that.  And what an interesting visual you gave us with all the shades of blue.  Did you mean to suggest anything in particular with all that?  I'm afraid I'm a little too sleepy right now to read between the lines.

Gary
Hey, Gary!  I was just thinking about all of the blue present in BBM and how it makes for a lovely sight.  I imagined Jack with his blue eyes and clothing, and the blue heeler set up against a blue sky.  I just thought the visual was very appealing.