Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8743156 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16800 on: November 17, 2020, 05:40:35 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Oh, we had such a bad storm blow through on Sunday.  50 mph winds, heavy downpours that pounded the windows.

Some areas lost power.  My area did not, but the lights did flicker a few times.

Work is chugging along, and I'm keeping busy with it, so that's a good thing. 

Now that the weather is getting colder, getting together outdoors is really going to stop.  I'm assuming I won't see many friends until April or so of next year.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16801 on: November 17, 2020, 06:11:13 pm »

Now that the weather is getting colder, getting together outdoors is really going to stop.  I'm assuming I won't see many friends until April or so of next year.

That's a sad thing about this fall. Hardly anyone to enjoy it with. It's 73 degrees here today so I'm spending most of my time outside. I could even sit outside at a resaturant, but all of them have switched to takeout-delivery only.  :'(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16802 on: November 17, 2020, 10:32:59 pm »
Everyone here is dreading the precautions of winter. A nice day here at this point would be above 50, and even those are rare, so outdoor gatherings are nearly out of the question. For at least the next three to four months.

Except, of course, for those damn protests, which I will probably have to cover even on days that (unlike all the other obnoxious protests) aren't delightfully sunny and warm Saturday afternoons.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16803 on: November 18, 2020, 10:59:26 pm »

Happy Hump Day!

Work went well today, but about an hour before I could sign off for the day (4:00) a news update interrupted the regular broadcast to announce that NYC schools are shutting down due to the virus.

While I'm not one to panic shop, this did make me think that perhaps other shut downs would happen, and there would be a run on the stores again.   I had given up eating frozen prepared meals, because of the high sodium content.  However, possible rushes on the stores and shut downs could make fresh food hard to come by, so I went out today at 5:00, after I shut down, and ran to the store to stock up on some frozen meats.

I didn't get frozen meals, I did get some frozen poultry, meats, seafood, and a few other things to keep me stocked up in case I can't get fresh stuff.   Of course, I'll still try to get fresh stuff to eat, as that's the best, but now my fridge is stocked and my shopping orders can be smaller now.

I didn't need to get anything the panic shoppers stocked up on last time, as I beat them to the punch.  :laugh:   I didn't hoard anything, but since I live alone, most things last a while for me.  I have enough soap, paper towels, toilet paper, meds, toothpaste, mouth wash and other things to see me through, so I'm fine.  I left those for other shoppers who may need them.

The only thing I'll need to get for Thanksgiving is garlic and milk, so I can hold off on those for now.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16804 on: November 18, 2020, 11:03:36 pm »
That's a sad thing about this fall. Hardly anyone to enjoy it with. It's 73 degrees here today so I'm spending most of my time outside. I could even sit outside at a resaturant, but all of them have switched to takeout-delivery only.  :'(

Everyone here is dreading the precautions of winter. A nice day here at this point would be above 50, and even those are rare, so outdoor gatherings are nearly out of the question. For at least the next three to four months.

Except, of course, for those damn protests, which I will probably have to cover even on days that (unlike all the other obnoxious protests) aren't delightfully sunny and warm Saturday afternoons.

The temps here are going to put a stop to outdoor gatherings soon.  Overnight temps for Tues and Weds were below freezing.  Tomorrow's will be just above freezing.  Friday and Saturday we're back up to the 50 range during the day.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16805 on: November 23, 2020, 11:09:28 pm »

I hope everyone is doing well.

Covid continues to spike in the area.  NYC has gone back to 100% remote learning, and the Gov. of NJ is advising that people not gather for Thanksgiving.  Thanks giving this year will be the 4 of us (mom, dad, Chris and I).   My other brother Mike will be with his wife and Shana, Derek and Trent.

We had a sad phone call on Sunday.  My brother told us that his partner on the police force passed away to a heart attack.  He was only 50, and had a wife and young daughter.   Everyone on the force is stunned.

Trent's 7th bday is the 30th, we are going to meet at a ride through attraction for Christmas lights.  We'll be staying in our separate cars, and we'll have gifts for Trent.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16806 on: November 25, 2020, 07:30:31 pm »

The prep-work for tomorrow has begun.

The sauce is done,  the sausage is cooked and now sitting in the sauce, and the meatball mix is chilling in the fridge.  In about 10 minutes I can take it out and start forming the meatballs, and then pop them in the oven.  Once they're done, into the sauce they go, and tomorrow, I'll transfer them to the crockpot and bring them to mom and dad's place.

I'll also make the corn casserole tomorrow, that's a 1-2-3 quick recipe, just mix and toss it in the oven.

I was off work today, and off work on Friday, but kinda-sorta still working.   I have a large report to complete by 12/3, so I was popping online for work related purposes, but not answering client emails or team member emails.  I had my 'out of office' alert on, and gave them instructions  on who to contact.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16807 on: November 25, 2020, 08:48:16 pm »
Chuck, I admire how you are handling all these shifting instructions. You are an inspiration! I also admire your cooking skills. I'm cooking for Friday, when my family will get together.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16808 on: November 26, 2020, 11:46:27 pm »
I have some outdoor lights that I'm hoping to string on the bushes out front today. Today won't be warm, but it should be sunny, according to my phone. Right now the sky is boneless blue.

When you're at the drive-thru lights, will you be in separate cars? Maybe you could get some Facetime calls going so people in the various cars could interact as they go.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 11:28:10 am by serious crayons »

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16809 on: November 26, 2020, 11:49:55 pm »
Chuck, I admire how you are handling all these shifting instructions. You are an inspiration! I also admire your cooking skills. I'm cooking for Friday, when my family will get together.

Good luck with the meal, but I'm sure it will go fantastically!

Cooking skills?   I must admit, I need to follow recipes.  I can't whip up a meal from scratch, just does not happen.  LOL

As for shifting instructions, there have been a lot of changes at work lately.  Not with personnel, but with job functions and applications/programs we use, so there is a lot of new leaning going on.  I sometimes feel like a bird learning to fly, that has been pushed out of the nest.

:laugh: