Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8733889 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16820 on: December 15, 2020, 01:00:36 pm »
And I got mine. Thank you Chuck!  :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16822 on: December 15, 2020, 09:58:23 pm »
Hey, Chuck, have you seen this?

https://metalinjection.net/video/figure-skating-duo-perform-to-metallica-nothing-else-matters?fbclid=IwAR1dwWU5QsAUGoBsc9TXNvQ8R6kwka5_ME1TWnMlBQYP42jQyYN87-B40bk

Hiya Lee!  I had seen pics of this on FB, but had not seen the actual performance, they were really good, and that was a pretty original song to skate to.  You don't hear music from hard rock/heavy metal bands being used on the ice rink.

Have you ever seen this one?  They were a US ice dance team that I loved, and I wish they had stayed in the competitive world longer, but it became too expensive.  I believe I read that they are now working for Cirque Du Soleil.  This was one of my favorite performances by them.  Not only the moves, but the chemistry they have together was strong.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16823 on: December 15, 2020, 10:10:28 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

How is everyone doing, as we inch our way to Christmas?

today I went to visit my cowoker, Sacha.  We always exchange at the holidays, and we both have this week as vacation time, so we met up so we could exchange.  I got gifts for her twin girls, and they helped put the gift to me together, so we had to meet to exchange.

I got the twins (Nadia and Olivia) some crafty projects.  I got them (each) a kit to make their own tiaras, and a kit to make their own floral crowns.  Nadia and Olivia are definitely 'girly-girls' and they loved it.  In fact, on the way home, Sacha sent me video of them on the living room floor, each making a floral crown.

As for Sacha, I went easy and gave her cash.   Not my usual gift choice, but she is a single mother who just moved into her first house, and I figured this would be what she needed most.

I will post pics of  what they gave me in another thread here, one of the holiday ones.

Tomorrow we're supposed to be getting a major snowstorm, about  6 inches to a foot of snow, maybe more.   We had two or three days of flurries in the past month, but this will be the first substantial snow.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16824 on: December 15, 2020, 10:16:37 pm »
:laugh: :laugh:

You should probably send out the batch of cards addressed to dead people even before the West Coast group. Who knows how far they have to go!  :laugh:

With some of the people I know who have passed, the cards may not make it, they could be turned to ash before they reach their addressees.  :laugh:

Brokies who have pass are exceptions, of course!!!

I got your Christmas card! Thank you so much, it made my day :D :-*

And I got mine. Thank you Chuck!  :-*

I'm glad they got there!!!  The post offices here didn't have the holiday stamps until the week I mailed them, and with mail services slowed due to CV-19, I was thinking that my Euro Cards would not arrive in time.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16825 on: December 16, 2020, 10:52:01 am »

With some of the people I know who have passed, the cards may not make it, they could be turned to ash before they reach their addressees.  :laugh:

:laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16826 on: December 16, 2020, 06:09:10 pm »

I'm glad they got there!!!  The post offices here didn't have the holiday stamps until the week I mailed them, and with mail services slowed due to CV-19, I was thinking that my Euro Cards would not arrive in time.

Luckily, the mail service wasn't quite as bad as you feared  :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16827 on: December 18, 2020, 11:09:57 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone's Christmas prep is going well, and I hope that everyone who celebrated Hanukkah had a great one.

We had a decent sized snowfall on Wednesday.  It wasn't too bad, we definitely didn't get what was predicted.  They were telling us that some areas were going to have a foot or more of snow.   We had about 7 inches here.  There were some areas of NJ that got more than that.

Today was my last day of vacation, back to work on Monday.  However, it will be a short week, with leaving early on Thursday (3pm) and closed Friday, and then the same thing the following week.

Tomorrow, Shana, Derek and Trenton are coming down for an early Christmas lunch, and we'll exchange gifts with them that day.   Mom got Trent a Hot Wheels race track, and a motorized marble run.  So I was at their place today, helping them put them together.   Mom and Dad decided that since Shana's and Derek's apartment is small, Trent's gifts will stay at mom and dad's place.  This way, whenever he comes over, he can  play with them here.

I had quick cleaning done on the apartment today.  LOL.   My neighbor downstairs didn't have an ice scraper or snow brush, and asked if she could borrow mine so she could clean her car.  She didn't need to leave her apartment Wednesday or Thursday, but something came up today, and she didn't have one.   I let her borrow mine, and told her to clean her car, go to the store, and return the brush when she got back.  I wasn't sure if she was going to come up to return it, or buzz me so I could come down, so I got the place cleaned very quickly.   It wasn't dirty, but I had a lot of things out of place.  I put everything away, and started a load of dishes. 

She buzzed me when she got back, and met me halfway up, so she didn't come in, but now the apartment is nice and clean in case someone does stop by.

Since I'm going to be at Mom and Dad's place tomorrow, I'm going to bring my laundry and get it done then, so if I decide to see them on Sunday, it will just be a quick visit for lunch.

Everything here that I needed to do for Christmas is done.  All the gifts have arrived and are wrapped, all the cards have been mailed, and I'm good to go.

My last thing that I want to do is go out on Christmas Eve, and drive around and see how everyone decorated for Christmas.  :)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16828 on: December 19, 2020, 06:36:11 pm »
She buzzed me when she got back, and met me halfway up, so she didn't come in, but now the apartment is nice and clean in case someone does stop by.

Wow, what a thoughtful neighbor!

Since I'm going to be at Mom and Dad's place tomorrow, I'm going to bring my laundry

And typical son.  :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16829 on: December 19, 2020, 09:44:07 pm »
I had quick cleaning done on the apartment today.  LOL.   My neighbor downstairs didn't have an ice scraper or snow brush, and asked if she could borrow mine so she could clean her car.  She didn't need to leave her apartment Wednesday or Thursday, but something came up today, and she didn't have one.   I let her borrow mine, and told her to clean her car, go to the store, and return the brush when she got back.  I wasn't sure if she was going to come up to return it, or buzz me so I could come down, so I got the place cleaned very quickly.   It wasn't dirty, but I had a lot of things out of place.  I put everything away, and started a load of dishes. 

You cleaned your apartment because a neighbor was dropping by to return a borrowed ice scraper.  ???  Well, aren't you just the Happy Homemaker?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.