Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8741054 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16880 on: December 31, 2020, 07:12:29 pm »
good!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16881 on: December 31, 2020, 10:00:04 pm »
The donkey looks puzzled. Love the sheep.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16882 on: January 01, 2021, 06:53:49 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Happy New Year!

Since today is the start of a three-day weekend, I decided to start the "de-Christmasing" process in the apartment.

Today I focused on the tree.  It is now packed away, as are all the lights and ornaments.  I posted pics of my ornaments in the Addicted To Christmas Ornaments thread, if you want to see them.  My tree is no longer, pre-lit.  When I first got the tree, it was pre-lit with steady burning, white lights.  Not my fave, but the price was right.  I got it at a pre-Christmas sale, and because I didn't have a lot of space, I needed a tree that wasn't too wide.  I found the one I have, but they were sold out, so they sold me the floor model with a discount on top of the pre-Christmas sale price.

After a few years, the lights in the middle blew out, so after that Christmas, I spent about 4 hours going through the tree, and cutting the lights out of the tree.  I then went out and bought the kind of lights I like.

They were multi-colored, random twinkle lights, meaning that most were steady burning, but every few bulbs is one that will flash.   These are also the lights I have in my picture window.

Tomorrow I'll pack up the table top decorations, and get them back into the closet.

At one point next week, maybe by Wednesday, I'll take down the lights in the windows.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16883 on: January 01, 2021, 08:25:55 pm »
Today I focused on the tree.  It is now packed away, as are all the lights and ornaments.  I posted pics of my ornaments in the Addicted To Christmas Ornaments thread, if you want to see them.  My tree is no longer, pre-lit.  When I first got the tree, it was pre-lit with steady burning, white lights.  Not my fave, but the price was right.  I got it at a pre-Christmas sale, and because I didn't have a lot of space, I needed a tree that wasn't too wide.  I found the one I have, but they were sold out, so they sold me the floor model with a discount on top of the pre-Christmas sale price.

After a few years, the lights in the middle blew out, so after that Christmas, I spent about 4 hours going through the tree, and cutting the lights out of the tree.  I then went out and bought the kind of lights I like.

They were multi-colored, random twinkle lights, meaning that most were steady burning, but every few bulbs is one that will flash.   These are also the lights I have in my picture window.

I saw something this year I'd never seen before. There was a Christmas tree in the waiting room of the Lancaster train station. When I glanced at the tree, it had all white lights--my preference for mini lights--but then when I looked at the tree again a few minutes later, it had multicolored lights. I went, "Hunh?" As I watched, the lights turned back to all white, then they turned to multicolor again. I walked up to the tree as closely as I could, and I looked very closely at the lights. There were not different strings of lights on the tree, one white the other multicolor. One set of lights turned from white to multicolor and back again.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16884 on: January 01, 2021, 08:50:07 pm »
I saw something this year I'd never seen before. There was a Christmas tree in the waiting room of the Lancaster train station. When I glanced at the tree, it had all white lights--my preference for mini lights--but then when I looked at the tree again a few minutes later, it had multicolored lights. I went, "Hunh?" As I watched, the lights turned back to all white, then they turned to multicolor again. I walked up to the tree as closely as I could, and I looked very closely at the lights. There were not different strings of lights on the tree, one white the other multicolor. One set of lights turned from white to multicolor and back again.

I haven't actually seen a tree that will do that.  I have seen trees advertised that you can manually change the lights from white to multi-color, but I've never seen a tree that does it itself.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16885 on: January 01, 2021, 09:06:21 pm »

I haven't actually seen a tree that will do that.  I have seen trees advertised that you can manually change the lights from white to multi-color, but I've never seen a tree that does it itself.

I thought I was seeing things.  :laugh:

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16886 on: January 02, 2021, 12:04:51 pm »
I'll probably take my tree down next weekend (BTW, I have colored lights).

I strung lights on the bushes out front. Same as most years, I did all blue on the two outer bushes and multicolored on the middle one. This year, I twirled a separate string of all-white lights on the porch railing because the outside light isn't working, so they illuminate the porch (and the house number, in case I order a pizza). The other lights plug into a dusk-to-dawn timer, but these are battery-powered and run for 6-hour stretches, so I usually turn them on at about 5 and then again before I go to bed. When you turn them on, you can pick various patterns -- twinkling in different ways, fading in and out, etc. -- but I always pick the plain lights, since their purpose is partly functional.

In Minnesota in January, we can use all the cheery lights we can get. I'll likely keep the outdoors ones up until at least February or when everybody else on the block takes theirs down, whichever comes first.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16887 on: January 03, 2021, 04:11:13 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Just wanted to give you all an update.

I continue to do well, with mild symptoms.  It also appears that my sense of smell has returned.  I can smell someone cooking something in one of the other apartments.

Mom and dad also continue to have mild symptoms.

My younger brother Chris was admitted to the hospital today (Sunday).    He had a good night's sleep last night, but his oxygen levels were low (mom got an oximeter last week) so he went to the hospital.  The sent mom and dad home, telling them they couldn't stay.

We received a text from Chris saying he was admitted, and they intend to keep him until Thursday.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16888 on: January 03, 2021, 05:29:32 pm »
Hey LBC, glad to hear you and your folks are well.  But I send my best for your brother's recovery. 

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16889 on: January 03, 2021, 06:00:10 pm »
Hey LBC, glad to hear you and your folks are well.  But I send my best for your brother's recovery.

Same here.  :(