Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8737793 times)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Bork bork bork
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16930 on: January 26, 2021, 04:25:12 pm »

I got a package on Saturday from my job.  The company wanted to give their employees a 'thank you' for doing all that we have during the pandemic and working from home, so they gave us all a $25.00 credit to a store that sells items with our company logo on it, and we have until next week to spend it.

(I fought to contain my exictement - ::) )

I went to the site and found three canvas bags that have the company logo on it, and they arrived on Saturday.  I'll use them for grocery shopping.

OMG how extremely generous!!!!!!!

No wonder you can't contain your excitement!!!!

Your company uses you as an unpaid advertiser, and yuo get to choose the advertising board yourself!!!!!!!

And all this as a heartfelt thank you for extra work and hassle!!!!  I have no words!!!!!

::) ::) ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16931 on: January 26, 2021, 04:31:49 pm »
I get paid again on Friday, and I want to replace my shower curtian.

*faints from happiness*

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16932 on: January 26, 2021, 04:35:06 pm »
I think I found a great replacement.

*considers emigrating to Antarctis*

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16933 on: January 28, 2021, 09:29:33 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Weekend is almost upon us!  Hurrah!

No like there's anything going on.  LOL  I just plan to stay in and get some chores done.   I believe that the weatherman has predicted snow for Sunday.

Family is doing well, and my brother Mike received his first vaccine, as he's a first responder.

Mom, dad and Chris continue to do well.

Been talking with some of my coworkers, seems like a small number of the people in my office have had Covid-19.  If we had been  working from the office, it would've spread to all of us, I'm sure.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16934 on: January 28, 2021, 09:30:35 pm »
*faints from happiness*

Over react much?

*considers emigrating to Antarctis*

Hmmm, perhaps when I order them, I'll ask for a rush delivery.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16935 on: January 28, 2021, 10:03:57 pm »
I got a package on Saturday from my job.  The company wanted to give their employees a 'thank you' for doing all that we have during the pandemic and working from home, so they gave us all a $25.00 credit to a store that sells items with our company logo on it, and we have until next week to spend it.

(I fought to contain my exictement - ::) )

I went to the site and found three canvas bags that have the company logo on it, and they arrived on Saturday.  I'll use them for grocery shopping.

Today I found a padded envelope from my employer in my mailbox. It turned out to be a cloth mask with the company logo on it. There was also a card, the size a business card, with the message, "You are essential. Stay safe."

And the mask fits!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16936 on: January 28, 2021, 10:07:36 pm »
That's funny -- now that I think of it -- I didn't get anything like that from my employer. And we're out mingling with the public!

I did, however, get one from my financial advisor.  :-\ :laugh:

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16937 on: January 29, 2021, 10:20:02 am »
I've seen cloth masks for sale in only two stores so far. One was Target, which had only two sizes. Neither fit (I tried them both). The pharmacy in the supermarket where my dad shops also has masks, but the same issue obtains; you won't know if they'll fit unless you buy them.

Of course there are thousands upon thousands listed on the Internet, and even on websites for individual stores, such as Walmart, but it always seems to be the same deal, you won't know if they'll fit unless you buy them and try them.

My dad and I both have been using disposable masks. They at least have elastic bands, so that they fit or can be made to fit. After developments this week, I've started wearing two of them at a time.

Until now, I've had only one cloth mask that fit, and that was luck. It was included as a surprise in the package for something I bought on eBay.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16938 on: January 29, 2021, 04:14:49 pm »

Hmmm, perhaps when I order them, I'll ask for a rush delivery.

You can rush all  you want, but still the shower curtain will be at your place while I'll be in Antarctis, known for it's lack of scary shower curtains.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16939 on: January 29, 2021, 04:25:15 pm »
I haven't recieved any masks from my employer, but I did get my first vaccination this week.

Not that I'm in a priority group or anything, but my workplace is responsible for vaccinating patients and staff in the nursing homes in our area. And sometimes they have doses left over when everyone on the list that day have had their shot. And they don't keep, so better use them for us than let them go to waste.

Since I got my first one, I'll also get the second one in four weeks. I'm very happy I was so lucky to get it.