Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8744719 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17000 on: February 09, 2021, 02:26:02 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Grey and cloudy day here in NJ, but it doesn't look like we're getting the snow they've predicted.  The streets do look wet, so I'm guessing there's a light drizzle happening out there now.  However, it appears that we are getting snow Thursday into Friday. 

It's the Winter that just won't stop.   :laugh:

The new shower curtain arrived yesterday, so I replaced the old liner and curtain with the new one.  I'm still waiting for the picture frame I've ordered to arrive.  When that's in place, I'll take some pics.

Yesterday and today have been busy at work, but it's been a lot of smaller things rather than the monster report, so that's good, I prefer that.  I can see the light at the end of the tunnels for the smaller projects.  LOL  The one thing that I wish would change is the phone calls.  I have one coworker who I assist, he's called me 5 times today for various things.  Geez, just send an email with a list of everything you need, and I'll get it done for you!

Busy weekend this week.....Friday is my brother Chris' birthday, Saturday is my parents' anniversary, and Sunday is Valentine's Day.

Monday is Presidents' Day, and a bank holiday, so I'll be off that day.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17001 on: February 10, 2021, 04:09:39 pm »

Happy hump day to ya all!

Work has been better this week, not quite as hectic as in the past.  ;D

I'm thinking that I am going to do my laundry on Friday during the day, instead of over the weekend.   I'm seeing snow predicted on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm not sure how heavy the storm will be, and I'm not going to want to trek out with a bunch of laundry into the snow.

Other than that, things are quiet here.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17002 on: February 10, 2021, 04:45:14 pm »

Happy hump day to ya all!

Work has been better this week, not quite as hectic as in the past.  ;D

I'm thinking that I am going to do my laundry on Friday during the day, instead of over the weekend.   I'm seeing snow predicted on Saturday and Sunday, and I'm not sure how heavy the storm will be, and I'm not going to want to trek out with a bunch of laundry into the snow.

Other than that, things are quiet here.

You can do laundry whatever day you want, as long as you don't let your mom anywhere near your laundry!!  :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17003 on: February 11, 2021, 12:12:18 pm »

How is everyone doing?

Peeking in during the work day, it's a little on the slow side, which is fine by me!

I need to go out and clean off my car, we had a little snow last night.  Not a lot, just a dusting to an inch or so, just enough to put a clean coating of white on everything.

Skies are currently grey, it wouldn't surprise me to see more snow at some point soon.  I have noticed that it's getting darker later, so we are definitely getting out of winter mode.   Next week is Fat Tuesday and Ash Wednesday.

Daylight saving time 2021 in New Jersey will begin at 2:00 AM in about a month, Sunday, March 14, and right behind that is Spring Equinox on the 20th.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17004 on: February 11, 2021, 12:12:59 pm »
You can do laundry whatever day you want, as long as you don't let your mom anywhere near your laundry!!  :laugh:

My mom hasn't done my laundry in a long time.  :laugh:  The one time she tried to help, she created 'the bleach incident'.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #17005 on: February 11, 2021, 02:10:20 pm »
Here, Daylight Saving ends on April 4 which is Easter Day.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17006 on: February 11, 2021, 03:06:29 pm »
Next week is Fat Tuesday

Aka Mardi Gras. I haven't kept up with what they're doing in New Orleans this year. A normal MG is a PTO day for most people. You can't get anywhere in a car. Parades go on all day and the streets are packed with viewers trying to catch the plastic beads tossed out by people riding on the floats. Many of the parade viewers are wholesome families but in the French Quarter it gets a little wilder, and again Bourbon Street is usually wall-to-wall people. Will Mardi Gras be held remotely this year? Will the young men who customarily yell "Show us your tits!" have to yell it to women on a Zoom call?

Yet another population suffering due to COVID: drunk frat boys!

New Orleans was one of the original COVID hot spots, due to Mardi Gras before they knew COVID was a threat. During the George Floyd protests, people were packed in the streets and I figured another breakout would happen, but it didn't. That's when I realized the spread of COVID in NOLA must have happened more in parties and bars than in outdoor street activities.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17007 on: February 11, 2021, 04:41:41 pm »
Aka Mardi Gras.
New Orleans was one of the original COVID hot spots, due to Mardi Gras before they knew COVID was a threat. During the George Floyd protests, people were packed in the streets and I figured another breakout would happen, but it didn't. That's when I realized the spread of COVID in NOLA must have happened more in parties and bars than in outdoor street activities.

Seemed like there were a lot of unmasked people crowded together for the Super Bowl parade. I saw some of it on TV and immediately thought, "Super Spreader Event!"

So it will be interesting to know what happens in NOLA.

I guess ordinarily what happens at Mardi Gras stays at Mardi Gras?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17008 on: February 11, 2021, 05:34:52 pm »
My mom hasn't done my laundry in a long time.  :laugh:  The one time she tried to help, she created 'the bleach incident'.

Exactly! That's what I meant.  :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17009 on: February 11, 2021, 09:20:24 pm »

I guess ordinarily what happens at Mardi Gras stays at Mardi Gras?

I suppose. I did once watch a guy gradually strip off his clothes, swaying around with his eyes closed as if listening to some inner music, ignoring the crowd of tourists standing in a circle around him taking photos like they were recording their vacation memories of Mount Rushmore.

But I don't know that guy's name, so I'm not violating any privacy.

I went to lots of parades but didn't spend much time in the thick of Bourbon Street. I had a friend with a condo and balcony overlooking Decatur Street, which runs along the river and gets pretty lively but is some blocks from the real madness.