Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1696409 times)

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel
SNOW:

((The snow begins to pile up... on the mountain tops, on the pup tent, on YOUNG JACK's tent, on the backs of the sheep and horses and mules, on LUCISE INDAPADDOCK's trailer...

Although the snow around YOUNG ENNIS's tent isn't deep enough to go over the tops of his boots, it somehow manages to pile up a six-foot high drift outside the door of LUCISE's trailer.))

Oh the weather outside is frightful
but the fire is so delightful...

Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
GUY RAPHAELSON:

Anyway, to make a long story short, I just came to get your signature on these papers, and then I'll get out of here..
[/b]

((Guy places his suitcase on the floor and puts his briefcase on a nearby surface. He opens it and pulls out the folder marked with Lucise's name.))

%% Sh!t! Shit!  He is sitting over there now waiting ... &%^&!  What am I gonna wear??
Boy, I really need to get some laundry done around here.. %%

((Lucise finally finds something presentable, puts it on and heads back out to meet Guy in the main room ...

))

** Gee .. I am sorry about opening the door in that state.  I been having a lil bit to drink and I guess I was feeling abit uninhibited, you know?  Good thing you didn't find me naked or nothing ...

%% Lucise!  Shut up NOW!!  :-\  %%

((Lucise blushes wildly, walks over to where Guy is sitting, nervously fidgetting with his fingers.  He glances over to the little table beside them and sees a folder:

))

%%  Ah, so he did come over here for me to sign stuff.. :( %%

** So ... what do you need me to sign?  **

((Lucise looks down at the papers, doing everything he can to avoid Guy's eyes. ))

%% I can't pretend as if nothing happened earlier ..what to do ...what to do ..??  %%

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

** So ... what do you need me to sign?  **

GUY RAPHAELSON:

((flips open the folder and stands up so that Lucise can sit down where he was and see it better. He fishes for a pen in his coat pocket, black ink of course, and then turns to Lucise with a professional smile. As Lucise sits down, Guy catches what his blue tanktop says and blushes again, clearing his throat to recover quickly.))

Ahem, sorry. Well, this first one here is the standard legal release. Basically, it just says you won't sue anyone if something bad happens. You'll want to sign here, here, and here, and initial and date here.

((Guy leans over Lucise to point to where he needs to sign, smelling the mountain air that always seems to follow him wherever he goes and the strong scent of alcohol. Far from being unpleasant, Guy thought it was an enthralling aroma and leaned closer to breathe in Lucise's scent.))

And then this second one here is your contract for representation of OOC Productions through my Marketing firm Un Limited. That'll put into effect everything we discussed earlier. Your commission and compensation benefits are also listed there for your review. You just need to initial these first two pages and then sign and date the last one.

((The wind howled against the trailer ==Sorry, Elle== and Guy shivered thinking about the cold air he would have to endure later that night.))

And the third one is a Writ of Exclusiveness. It means that you while you're representing OOC Productions you are obliged to work only for them, and that you agree not to represent or endorse any products or services not associated with OOC Productions or Broken Arsed Mountain Film, LTD. Normally it would have been included in your contract, but for some reason it was left out, so they had to create a whole new legal document. Only one page in this one, so just sign and date it.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
%%
Try to look as if you are paying attention to what he is saying ..
How can I?  He is leaning in so close to me ..
I missed everything he just said there .. If I ask him to repeat it, I'll look like a first class idiot!
I better just shut up and sign the damn papers ..
%%

** Sure .. I understand completely! **

((Lucise takes the pen from Guy's hand, their fingers brushing, setting Lucise's heart a-pounding and his hands shaking slightly.  He tries to focus on what he is writing ...

))

** Done .. **

((Lucise hands the papers back to Guy, unconsciously licking his lips as he watched Guy.  Almost abruptly, Lucise stands up from where he is sitting, walks over to the window, peering outside for a moment.  He looks back at Guy ..))

** I guess that means you are leavin' now, hunh? **

((Lucise looks back outside, the SNOW is coming down with a vengeance .. ))

** Guy, there seems to be a snow storm out there.  Looks like we are snowed-in!  Come take a look .. **

((Guy gets up, walks over to the window, dumbfounded by the sight that meets his eyes ..

))

%%   HALLELUJAH!!  HALLELUJAH!!  :D :D

%%

** Crap, that sucks Guy!  **

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

** Crap, that sucks Guy!  **

** Sorry everyone, I fell asleep. :( **

GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Looks sadly at Lucise, then goes back and sits down.... his eyes already brimming with tears.))

%% I'm not going to cry. Why am I so weepy lately. %%

((Guy wipes his eyes with his suit sleeve))

Oh. Geez, Lucise.  What am I supposed to do now...?

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!

GUY RAPHAELSON:

Oh. Geez, Lucise.  What am I supposed to do now...?

(( Lucise rushes back to Guy's side, sitting down again next to him ..))

** Guy .. what's the matter?  **

%%  :-\ :'( :-\ %%

** Listen, if this is about us being snowed-in here, don't worry.  You can stay the night here ..**

((Lucise swallows with difficulty, suddenly dry-mouthed ..))

** Look Guy, umm, it's better if you stay here tonight than to go out there in this weather.  And in case you are worried that ..... well, don't worry about that. 

(( Lucise looks at Guy for a moment, wanting so badly to reach out to him and hold him and caress his face and smooth the lines of worry off his face ..))

** Err, I'm gonna make a lil something to eat .. I'm afraid all I got is some Kraft dinner, mac and cheese.  I'll be back in a jiffy, you can help yourself to some gin ..

((At that, Lucise heads for the kitchen ..))

%%  How am i gonna get through this night ..? %%

(( Once in the kitchen, Lucise stands behind the counter, doing the best he can to obscure the growing bulge in his pants ..))

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:02:38 pm by Lucise »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Resolved to the situation, for now, Guy still finds himself lost in a chaotic mess of emotions. He holds Lucise's folder in his hands and considers taking everything out of it, sorting it and stacking it perfectly, and then putting it back in again, but he wasn't going to do that. That would seem odd.))

((Instead he opens up the briefcase and puts it back in, wondering for a moment if he should put it in the back or in the front and finally decides to put it in the front. He neatly closes the briefcase and sets it on the floor, then goes into the kitchen to watch Lucise cook.))

I can cook a little bit. Are you sure you don't have something else here that we can use to make a more suitable meal? Not that I don't like Kraft, I just want to help out some, and Mac and Cheese is kind of a one person cooking job.

((Guy gives Lucise a weak smile. He's trying to make the best out of a bad situation.))

((Without waiting for a response, Guy goes to the nearest drawer and pulls it open. He is barely able to hide his shock at the disorganized mess in the drawer.))

If you don't have anything else to cook, I guess I can organize these drawers a little..... if you don't mind, that is.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
%% Who gives a flying f about the mess in the drawers?  The only drawers I am interested in this minute are not household furniture items .. %%

** Umm, no Guy, leave the drawers .. I can see to them later .. **

(( At that, Lucise steps away from behind the counter ..

.. looking at Guy with an intense gaze, his heart pounding, his breathing slightly uneven ..))

** Guy, suddenly I don't feel hungry anymore, well not for mac and cheese anyway .. I think I need a stiff drink .. **

(( Guy looks at Lucise, puzzled by his rather strange behavior; he then follows him slowly into the main room, wondering exactly what was going on ..))

** You want a drink ? ..**

« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 09:35:07 pm by Lucise »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
GUY RAPHAELSON:

((shakes his head, smiling at Guy))

No, to be honest, I'm still a little cold, I was kind of looking forward to some hot food... Are you sure you're not hungry? I can cook if you want me to.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
SUN here-
**Trying to remind all that Snow that it's summer!  It's summer!  Even if this is a cold mountain!  SUN is concerned that the coming of Snow might be a bad sign for the Boys and their budding love affair.  I fear that even if I can get this Snow to melt... it might still cause a hasty end to the summer frolic.**

((SUN tries hard to melt the Snow...))

**Finally... it's beginning to work a bit...**

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie