Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3171050 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5380 on: October 12, 2006, 07:37:42 am »
SPOILER

...you didn't think she could keep it from her sister, could you?

Absolutely not, she's Francine!  Remind me how old Francine is again?

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5381 on: October 12, 2006, 07:40:22 am »
Jacks got good taste!  :D

I haven't started it yet Louise, it's another fic I've been meaning to get started on for ages now. Is it as good as SOG?

Its a wonderful fic and well worth reading - its very clever and smart - and hot!!!   ;)

Its very different from SOG - and thats another fic I absolutely am loving at the moment - they both stand on their own as independently wonderful, original and amazingly written fics.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5382 on: October 12, 2006, 07:42:23 am »
Absolutely not, she's Francine!  Remind me how old Francine is again?

she is 19.  Junior is 20.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5383 on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:02 am »
Indeed!    And considering that Ennis already warned Lance about his uncontrollable libido,   Lance no doubt will get fired.    :(

Ennis didn't warn Lance over his libido. Dupree did. Anyway, firing Lance is not up to Ennis is it? Ellery is less strict about that IMO. As long as he wasn't paying or getting paid for favors in the Gents, I don't see Lance being fired. In any case, he'll be scolded by either Ellery or Ennis. Besides, they don't know about Lance getting a blowjob in the bathroom, only Dupree knows. So, unless he tells Ennis and Ellery, I don't see Ellery firing Lance over what Francine witnessed. But he'll probably warn him. But, I guess we'll have to wait for the next chapters to find out, don't we?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 07:59:51 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5384 on: October 12, 2006, 07:57:06 am »
Its a wonderful fic and well worth reading - its very clever and smart - and hot!!!   ;)

Its very different from SOG - and thats another fic I absolutely am loving at the moment - they both stand on their own as independently wonderful, original and amazingly written fics.

Thanks Christie.

There are soo many amazingly good written AU!AU's out there, it's hard to keep up with all of them! And now Lori is going to start her own AU!AU which I most definitely will start reading!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5385 on: October 12, 2006, 08:04:21 am »
Ennis didn't warn Lance over his libido. It was Dupree. Anyway, firing Lance is not up to Ennis is it? Ellery is less strict about that IMO. As long as he wasn't getting paid favors in the Gents, I don't see Lance being fired. In any case, he'll be scolded by either Ellery or Ennis. Besides, they don't know about Lance getting a blowjob in the bathroom, only Dupree knows. So, unless he tells Ennis and Ellery, I don't see Ellery firing Lance over what Francine witnessed. But he'll probably warn him. But, I guess we'll have to wait for the next chapters to find out, don't we?

I assume he crashed there after closing? What's the harm in that? They probably meant to be out of there before the bar opened up again but unfortunately for them Ennis decided to go over there before hours to show Junior and Francie around.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5386 on: October 12, 2006, 08:27:39 am »
I assume he crashed there after closing? What's the harm in that? They probably meant to be out of there before the bar opened up again but unfortunately for them Ennis decided to go over there before hours to show Junior and Francie around.

Yes, June, that is my take on it too.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5387 on: October 12, 2006, 08:41:09 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/132484.html  "Chapter 27: A Refused Invitation"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline christie wood

« Reply #5388 on: October 12, 2006, 08:52:46 am »

I'm really hoping this to be the case too.

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #5389 on: October 12, 2006, 08:58:07 am »
My contribution for the search for Sergio:
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"