Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 538669 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1210 on: January 08, 2007, 03:16:30 am »
my goodness me!

1: they do not have a housekeeper - Ennis compulsively keeps the house clean, and not because he is expected to, but because he seems to need to keep it neat.  However, in an old-fashioned manner, he thinks vacuum cleaners throw dust in the air and he just picks specks up off the carpet most of the time.

2. They watch the Sunday Night Mystery Movie and Ennis managed to get back to his old habit of watching daytime game shows.  He also developed a secret crush on Adam Drake from "The Edge of Night" which comes on at 3:30 in the afternoon while he was sick with his legbone, and was rather pissed off that Adam stepped out on Nicole with that floozy, especially when he really thinks Adam is queer anyway.  He will never, EVER admit to Ellery that he watched a soap opera, however.

3. Ennis once passed out after a three movie marathon when Ellery was expecting some sugar, but Ellery never said anything about it.  It was a rather boring videotape of some Lionheart presentations of Sherlock Holmes that Ellery went for, but since Ennis didn't think the Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett) was very sexy, his attention wandered and he nodded off before the entertainment portion of the evening.

4. Ennis doesn't vote, and Ellery doesn't bug him about it, and votes against everything Republican he can think of just because he knows they are funded by religious fundamentalists. 

OMG ~ I couldn't believe this when I saw it!  :laugh:  It's great though!  ;D

Thanks, Louise!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1211 on: January 08, 2007, 07:49:21 am »
I was thinking about the lastest chapter at 3 am (my awake and thinking time, sigh) and I realized that Ellery said to Ennis "You're a widower," implying that Ennis was married to Jack, even without the rings and vows. Certainly the bond that Ennis has to Jack is that strong, and we all know it...but I thought Ellery's choice of words was interesting, and very telling. I wonder when it wil sink in on Ennis a bit more what Ellery said?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1212 on: January 08, 2007, 10:13:52 am »
update to "A Small Circle of Friends"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/198129.html  "9. A Simple Plan"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1213 on: January 08, 2007, 10:27:52 am »
I burst out laughing at Laurens secret Louise!    Thankgoodness I wasn't sipping my coffee!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1214 on: January 08, 2007, 10:32:47 am »
 ...oh! sorry!

I should put a warning on that chapter!  Not Coffee Safe!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1215 on: January 08, 2007, 10:57:03 am »
No tan lines and we know Ennis prefers swimming like this:

I wonder if there are any nude beaches in Puerto Rico?

L

Wow, Im so behind in the stories. I dont even know which one you guys are reading. Answering this question, no, no nude beaches in Puerto Rico but there are keys all over and if you rent a boat you could go to a deserted beach and get naked if you want to. I guess I have a lot of caught up to do when I return to Madrid!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #1216 on: January 08, 2007, 11:39:22 am »
...oh! sorry!

I should put a warning on that chapter!  Not Coffee Safe!

Heheheh. Not meal - safe either. Wayne has a talent for bringing out nausea in me!
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #1217 on: January 08, 2007, 11:43:34 am »
Wow, Im so behind in the stories. I dont even know which one you guys are reading. Answering this question, no, no nude beaches in Puerto Rico but there are keys all over and if you rent a boat you could go to a deserted beach and get naked if you want to. I guess I have a lot of caught up to do when I return to Madrid!

Natali - me encanta verte.

Natali - I'm delighted to see you.

There are wonderful things for you to read when you return to Madrid.
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1218 on: January 08, 2007, 11:48:17 am »
Heheheh. Not meal - safe either. Wayne has a talent for bringing out nausea in me!

awwwww Fred.  Sowwy.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1219 on: January 08, 2007, 01:20:15 pm »
SPOILER

I burst out laughing at Laurens secret Louise!    Thankgoodness I wasn't sipping my coffee!

Me, too!  God, that was hilarious, Louise!   :laugh: :laugh: (I'm really, really happy you agreed to the Pookie/Simon story!!!)

Well, except for the part about poor Lauren being embarrassed - I felt for him!  But at least we can trust Jeremy!

Memo to Red Stallion employees and patrons:

Do not, under any circumstances, tell Wayne anything in confidence! 

Jeremy finding out that Lauren is hot for Nick  :o  - and all the talk about Nick being so sexy!  I can't help but wonder if, or how, that will affect Jeremy once he and Nick get home!!! ;D

Great chapter, Louise.  Thanks!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain