Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 552877 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1860 on: April 04, 2007, 07:07:19 am »
Louise asked me to go searching in the archives, and I managed to find the original essay by Ellery, with comments by Wes, in red pencil. I will share them with you here in hopes that it might make the revised essay turn up.

Ellery,

Good start. You have a few run on sentences and such, but I am not the grammar police. You can correct those on your own.

Glad you discovered Helga's bakery. You are correct, her muffins and pastries would be a welcome addition to the staff room. Maybe we can persuade Joe to switch. I'll mention it to him. I also might be able to persuade Edna to bake for us on Fridays. I know how fond you are of her biscuits.

But, to the heart of the matter. If you spent the week watching TV and eating Dampfnüdels (in between the conduct unbecoming, but I don't want to get into that!) then you must have had some time to think. And what you thought about is what I am interested in hearing. So, this is good start but revisions are needed. Have this back to me in three days.

Wes

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1861 on: April 04, 2007, 07:25:13 am »
Oh, Wes is being very nice...

And throwing Edna in the mix!  :laugh:  :laugh:  That Brownie!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1862 on: April 04, 2007, 07:48:38 am »
Oh, Wes is being very nice...

And throwing Edna in the mix!  :laugh:  :laugh:  That Brownie!

Yep, in his own way, Wes can be a caution, too!   :laugh:  He is being nice, isn't he?  I wonder if Edna ever did bake Friday biscuits for the staff room.  I loved . . .but I don't want to get into that!)  - kind of the precursor to the "I didn't need to know that Ellery" that always makes me laugh! 

And, yes, we are all very interested in hearing the thoughts running around in Ellery's fascinating mind! 

Thanks for searching the archives, L! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #1863 on: April 05, 2007, 05:31:19 am »
Louise is there a problem with your LJ today? I can log into anyone elses but whenever I try to log into yours I get told I have to be logged in to view this protected entry. It wasn,t like this yesterday.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1864 on: April 05, 2007, 05:54:43 am »
Louise is there a problem with your LJ today? I can log into anyone elses but whenever I try to log into yours I get told I have to be logged in to view this protected entry. It wasn,t like this yesterday.

Hey Souxi,

Long time no see! I get the same message too. Maybe she's updating the file or something.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1865 on: April 05, 2007, 05:59:35 am »
I have a question: Is there a page containing links to all the New Laramie Tales all in one place?
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1866 on: April 05, 2007, 08:26:36 am »
I have locked my LJ at this time.  Sorry for the inconvenience!  I had promised back in December that I was going to be reworking the stories into an original story, and they will be made available in whole-book form on my own website as the works are completed and submitted for copyright.  There will be no BBM character names or situations in the edited story when it is done: the plot remains the same.

Since I am hopelessly buried in work at work, I am interested in those who might be interested in editing the manuscripts of the 6 books according to a set of guidelines I have laid out for it.

The new Tales will have the originalized content - but you may be relieved to know that none of the original characters will be changed in any detail - simply the proprietary content.  I.e. Dupree and Licky Nicky won't require any editing!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 02:42:03 am by louise van hine »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1867 on: April 08, 2007, 11:16:45 pm »
Glad to hear it!

I'm so busy working onb my own things these days that I haven't posted here in something like 2 months but that doesn't mean I don't read it! Except for City of Slaves, I'm reading so much i haven't gotten to it yet.

By the way, your Confessions of Alexandros is waaay good Louise.

Jack
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1868 on: April 09, 2007, 12:47:50 am »
So I am curious--if there won't be any BBM characters in this---who will Ennis turn into??

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1869 on: April 09, 2007, 06:16:54 am »
So I am curious--if there won't be any BBM characters in this---who will Ennis turn into??

Ellery's love interest is a man named Colson Grey.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!