Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3157922 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5040 on: October 05, 2006, 11:17:27 am »
Now, this is sounding interesting Souxi.  Ennis' nooks and crannies, oh yes, I'd like to see Ellery giving them a good going over.  I think Mr Coyote would be ready to get to biting once Ellery had finished with him.

Is it me, or is it hot in here.  ???
It *is* getting reallllly hot Christie......!  :P

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5041 on: October 05, 2006, 11:18:41 am »
Oooo.. Souxi - I'm afraid that I was one of those women that got hot under the collar. I loved the Jane Austen story anyway and I thought that this adaptation was perfect. As for Colin Firth *sigh*, all that restrained, smouldering passion. Do not get me started on the recent movie version though - pile of pants!

Karen
I really liked Colin Firth in Bridget Jone's Diary  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5042 on: October 05, 2006, 11:23:39 am »
This place is going downhill fast.

And tomorrow I am off to see a labor lawyer since it looks like the job I thought I could just sail into I may not be able to simply sail into.  And I get to pay him €150 an hour for the privilege of telling me that!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5043 on: October 05, 2006, 11:27:15 am »
Ooops sorry Louise - have we gone a bit OT there?

Sorry to hear about the hassle over your contract. Why do you have to see a lawyer, can you not negotiate with employers yourself?

Karen

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5044 on: October 05, 2006, 11:27:23 am »
Of Course you are!  ;D I do too!  ;D

Traitor!!! :o :o How can you even THINK about other men? Those two take up such a large portion of my thoughts I dont have ROOM for other men lol. ;) ;) ;D ;D :laugh:

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5045 on: October 05, 2006, 11:49:26 am »
Traitor!!! :o :o How can you even THINK about other men? Those two take up such a large portion of my thoughts I dont have ROOM for other men lol. ;) ;) ;D ;D :laugh:
Whoa! haha, sowweee darlin  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5046 on: October 05, 2006, 11:50:59 am »
This place is going downhill fast.

And tomorrow I am off to see a labor lawyer since it looks like the job I thought I could just sail into I may not be able to simply sail into.  And I get to pay him €150 an hour for the privilege of telling me that!
:(   ::)  :(  ::)  :(  ::)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5047 on: October 05, 2006, 12:06:11 pm »
OK. This one shows that Ennis means business!

that one creeps me out, im sorry.  i wouldnt want something like that on my belt for the rest of my natural born life...i would rather have one that signified love and devotion.                   

Beautiful mind

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5048 on: October 05, 2006, 12:12:11 pm »
yeah, you guys might want to bring the flirting to pm!

and the reason i am going to a lawyer is to deal with the Work Authority of the German government, not the employers.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5049 on: October 05, 2006, 12:15:10 pm »
                that one creeps me out, im sorry.  i wouldnt want something like that on my belt for the rest of my natural born life...i would rather have one that signified love and devotion.                   

Janice,

I agree. Is that even a coyote? It looks like some ferocious beast, like bigfoot or something.

Part of the problem I have with some of the lone coyotes howling at the moon is that they are just that...lone coyotes. Here we are talking about an engagement, two people together...not apart. But even so, I did like some of the coyote designs that were posted.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!