Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3157785 times)

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5060 on: October 05, 2006, 04:55:59 pm »
Finally...

an update!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/127992.html  "Chapter 10:  A Little Intimate Chat"

I love me some gorgeous E&E intimate chats.....so sexy and sweet all at once.   :)

Gorgeous chapter Louise, well worth waiting for.

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5061 on: October 05, 2006, 05:31:37 pm »
Leslie (and Lucise), your pictures always make me smile. Where do you find these things–and so fast? Did anyone post a picture of a navy blue 1985 Monte Carlo yet or did I miss it?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5062 on: October 05, 2006, 05:47:46 pm »
I posted the Monte Carlo the day I wrote the chapter, let me scroll back to find it.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5063 on: October 05, 2006, 05:51:01 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5064 on: October 05, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
Just thought I'd check in before bed on the off chance of an update - and I'm glad that I did.  :)

Lovely chapter Louise.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5065 on: October 05, 2006, 07:26:34 pm »
OK. This one shows that Ennis means business!

This is too werewolfy for me---coyotes don't show that much open mouth teeth ( and their teeth are not that big)   unless they are actually fighting with a bigger animal, and Ennis is the biggest animal in this story, he doesn't have to bare teeth like that---he is more of a nipper! LOL
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 07:36:38 pm by ranchgal »

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5066 on: October 05, 2006, 07:31:30 pm »
Janice,

I agree. Is that even a coyote? It looks like some ferocious beast, like bigfoot or something.

Part of the problem I have with some of the lone coyotes howling at the moon is that they are just that...lone coyotes. Here we are talking about an engagement, two people together...not apart. But even so, I did like some of the coyote designs that were posted.

L

Actually they usually howl in family packs---the leader starts it, and everyone of the pack members answer, and that is how they comunicate to form their hunting parties, and they  join up and take off, Dominate male, Dominate female and whatever pups young and grown that are still around and haven't split off into mating pairs.   IF the female is denned up with little pups, then the male will hunt alone for family.

And they also will howl to attract a mate, if they are single and have been driven out of the family. Lets everyone in the neighborhood know someone new is around.    We hear them a LOT esp. in the spring and fall, saw one jump out ahead of my horse just last week.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 07:35:31 pm by ranchgal »

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #5067 on: October 05, 2006, 09:22:16 pm »

This is too werewolfy for me---coyotes don't show that much open mouth teeth ( and their teeth are not that big)   unless they are actually fighting with a bigger animal, and Ennis is the biggest animal in this story, he doesn't have to bare teeth like that---he is more of a nipper! LOL

This was meant as a laugh guys! We know that, just like in the fairytale, Ennis' teeth are all the better to nip Ellery with! ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS Perhaps something with guns would suit Ellery.

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #5068 on: October 05, 2006, 09:25:32 pm »
Good luck with your work negotiations Louise! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5069 on: October 06, 2006, 04:28:08 am »
thanks Jo, for that vote.  London is looking like a good option for me at this point, at least for a short-term situation.