Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9084657 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10310 on: October 13, 2011, 12:53:18 pm »
I was looking at a map of Texas last night, I was contemplating a road trip there, but certainly not in a Presidential election year.  :laugh:
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10311 on: October 14, 2011, 07:36:58 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Friday!  It's Friday!

;D

I'm hoping for a slow day at work, and a timely departure, so that the weekend can begin promptly at 4:00.  (looks at clock)  Hmmm....only 8 1/2 hours to go, but who's counting?

:laugh:

I was looking at a map of Texas last night, I was contemplating a road trip there, but certainly not in a Presidential election year.  :laugh:

Big Brother Truman, I have to say, that I would agree with you on that......definitely NOT in a Presdential election year.

Today's travel destination:

Torre Del Oro, Seville, Spain.

Built in the first half of the 13th century, the Torre del Oro, or Gold Tower, was a project of the Muslim rulers who held sway in the city from 712 to 1248.  Much loved in modern Seville, it exemplifies the Moorish influence on the city's architecture.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10312 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:25 am »
Yes! Yay for the weekend.  ;D Have a good one, Chuck!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10313 on: October 14, 2011, 12:57:03 pm »
Enjoy the weekend Chuck.. Hope the day is going quickly!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10314 on: October 16, 2011, 03:22:02 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Hope that everyone is enjoying the weeknd!

Yes! Yay for the weekend.  ;D Have a good one, Chuck!

Enjoy the weekend Chuck.. Hope the day is going quickly!

Hiya Kelda and Shas!  The weekend is going well!  Yes, Friday went quickly.  ;D  Last night was a party for my cousin, he got an award for the organization he belongs to.  Had some good food and danced for a bit.

;D

I was rather busy today.  I got up early, had a light breakfast, got my bowling practice in,got a bunch of stuff done for the Chicago Gathering "swag bags", had lunch, and then my walk.   Now that all of that is done, I'm surfing the 'net and watching/listening to TV in the background.

AMC network on Sunday (10/16) at 9:00pm launches the start of the second season of "The Walking Dead."  They are marking the day by having a "Walking Dead" marathon, reruning the entire first season, starting at 2:30PM, and running until the 9:00 start of the first episode of season 2.  I'm currently watching episode one now.

The new season picks up where the last one left off.  The group of survivors leaves the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta after the building is blown up by a suicidal doctor who was unable to find a cure for the dead returning to life, with a hunger for eating the living.  The group decides to leave Atlanta and seek refuge elsewhere.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10315 on: October 17, 2011, 07:50:55 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

Monday has returned.  Ugh!

I didn't get enough sleep last night, I stayed up too late watching "The Walking Dead," but it was soooo good.  I'll make up for the sleep tonight.

Oh, and no nightmares, so that's a bonus!  LOL   :laugh:

Today's travel destination.

Dali, Yunnan, China.

The remote agricultural province of Yunnan is the perfect destination for relaxed travel through rural China.  Among its many attractions is Dali, a town in a beautiful mountain setting where backpackers come, stay and tune out.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10316 on: October 17, 2011, 02:21:29 pm »
Me and callum like The Walking Dead. Season 2 premiers here on Friday.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10317 on: October 18, 2011, 07:24:36 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope that everyone had a good Monday, and is ready for Tuesday.

I went to bed my normal time, and slept soundly, so I'm feeling really rested today.  That's good, because bowling is tonight.  I just hope that my scores from Sunday carry over to tonight!

Me and callum like The Walking Dead. Season 2 premiers here on Friday.

I think you'll like this season opener, it was really well done/acted.  And here is some Walking Dead news.

'Walking Dead' season 2 delivers record premiere ratings

by James Hibberd

Wow: AMC’s The Walking Dead came back stronger than ever. Sunday’s season 2 premiere rolled up 7.3 million viewers. If you count the show’s repeat, that number climbs to 11 million.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/17/walking-dead-season-2-premiere/

Today's travel destination.

Timbuktu, Mali.

The Sankoré Mosque, one of three Timbuktu mosques on UNESCO's World Herritage List, sits among the adobe buildings and shifting sands of this fabled city, once a thriving metropolis on trans-Saharan caravan routes.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10318 on: October 19, 2011, 07:46:41 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump day to you all!

;D

Usual Wednesday lament, I'm tired!  :laugh:  However, it was a good night at bowling.  My low score was a 98, and my high score was a 141, the highest I've had in league game so far.

Wilmington, North Carolina.

The cosmopolitan hub of North Carolina's idyllic Cape Fear coast, Wilminton contains a walking downtown hub with a handsome riverfront, a beautiful 230-block historic district, and a friendly and well-cultured community.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10319 on: October 20, 2011, 07:49:00 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Once again, I am here at work!

I'm wearing purple, I seemed to recall it was "Spirt Day" or something and you're supposed to wear purple to show you are against bullying. 

I sometimes wonder about this stuff.....I mean , really?  Exactly how does this help?  I also remember reading a post about "turning Facebook pink" in support of a cure for breast cancer.....nice sentiment, but it's not going to help anyone who actually has breast cancer.  Donating money, keeping them company, doing things for them, that's what helps.

Oaxaca, Mexico.

Weekends - especially Saturdays - when Indian merchants stream into town from surrounding villages, are the liveliest days in Oaxaca's renowned market.  But if you can't make it then, don't despair.  There's a market in Oaxaca seven days a week, and it's always brimming with local color.