Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541554 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1760 on: March 11, 2007, 01:20:31 pm »
SPOILER

and

here it is, complete.

Sorry it took so long, I had a million things to do.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/214472.html  "The L Word" (complete)

That didn't take long!!!!

And it was . . . perfection, Louise.  Really.  My favorite line (not what you might think):

“Ya got me now.”  He does.  He has his Nicky - and Nicky has his Sweet Thing.  Sniff.

How much do I love forceful, intense, unwavering Jeremy? 

Jeremy rushed him, curled hands over his shoulders. “Are you sure? Cause once it’s said it ain’t ever gonna get unsaid. So you think hard.” His voice was low, fierce, his eyes blazing, and Nick gulped, looking up into them, his own unflinching.

Damn.  That reminded me of Ennis - one he's in, he's in.  (Uh, well, you know what I mean  :) )  Loyal.   

Jeremy is so wise - .  .  . cause what I got ta say I got ta say with my pants an shirt on . . .  

Nick is so funny:  “I ain’t had one yet but I imagine the headaches aren’t as bad bein queer.”     He really is just what Jeremy needs.

Thanks, Louise - I'm grinning like a fool.
Marie

P.S. again - “Cause I didn’t love her.”  That may be the saddest thing I ever heard. 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1761 on: March 11, 2007, 02:50:14 pm »
why thank you Marie!
Here I wrote that last night about this time and I thought the whooooole world forgot.
And then I went in to the hit counter and realized oh the world did not forget, i am just 18 hours ahead of things.
hah.

and so now
the next story

tie between Pookie's First Time
and Dupree's visit to his sister in December 1984.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1762 on: March 11, 2007, 02:58:53 pm »
SPOILER

That didn't take long!!!!

And it was . . . perfection, Louise.  Really.  My favorite line (not what you might think):

“Ya got me now.”  He does.  He has his Nicky - and Nicky has his Sweet Thing.  Sniff.

How much do I love forceful, intense, unwavering Jeremy? 

Jeremy rushed him, curled hands over his shoulders. “Are you sure? Cause once it’s said it ain’t ever gonna get unsaid. So you think hard.” His voice was low, fierce, his eyes blazing, and Nick gulped, looking up into them, his own unflinching.

Damn.  That reminded me of Ennis - one he's in, he's in.  (Uh, well, you know what I mean  :) )  Loyal.  

Jeremy is so wise - .  .  . cause what I got ta say I got ta say with my pants an shirt on . . .  

Nick is so funny:  “I ain’t had one yet but I imagine the headaches aren’t as bad bein queer.”     He really is just what Jeremy needs.

Thanks, Louise - I'm grinning like a fool.
Marie

P.S. again - “Cause I didn’t love her.”  That may be the saddest thing I ever heard. 

*nods in agreement*

and thank you Louise, so good to read more Laramie stories!  :)

Sigh, I miss our boys!   :-\
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1763 on: March 11, 2007, 04:25:38 pm »

Louise, here's a fact:  We are not only "not forgetting" - we are always in a state of excited anticipation, refreshing like madmen!   :) 

Yay!  "Pookie's First Time" or Dupree's visit to Sue.  Can't wait for either one. Ya know, when I first kind of jokingly suggested that after the great chapter with Simon and Pookie and his Nick fantasy I didn't actually think you'd write it - I'm giddy again!  And after that Christmas cliffhanger and this last chapter, you've got me more curious than ever about Jeremy and his family!

You know we love ya, Louise - so just take care of yourself first - we'll wait happily!

Marie

well fancy that.

I think just for contrast I should do the Pookie and Simon thing first.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:48:50 pm by louisev »
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1764 on: March 11, 2007, 04:31:30 pm »
Fabienne, you are a sweet thing yourself, you know that?   :)

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1765 on: March 12, 2007, 06:37:06 am »
I changed my priorities because I got on a roll with Jeremy and reread the entire ! (yes) "Home for the Holidays."

now when the heck did I write that story?

http://louisev.livejournal.com/214600.html  "Blood Oaths"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1766 on: March 12, 2007, 12:10:28 pm »
I changed my priorities because I got on a roll with Jeremy and reread the entire ! (yes) "Home for the Holidays."

now when the heck did I write that story?

http://louisev.livejournal.com/214600.html  "Blood Oaths"

That was fast, Louise!

Yes - it's very easy to get on a roll with Jeremy - can't get enough of that boy.  "Blood Oaths" - awesome title!  Off to read . . .

Thanks,
Marie

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1767 on: March 12, 2007, 02:29:53 pm »
Come on!   keep typing Louise!    That was just a tease!   

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1768 on: March 12, 2007, 09:12:02 pm »
yes, yes, it is noon hour i can write when i get home.

yb

« Reply #1769 on: March 12, 2007, 10:41:34 pm »
I like the start of 'Blood Oath', can't wait to see how this is developed.