Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541527 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1890 on: May 10, 2007, 04:19:18 am »
I am beginning to feel sorry for Chas!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1891 on: May 10, 2007, 05:43:12 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1892 on: May 10, 2007, 06:42:11 pm »
Another great chapter, Louise.  When I said there was a lot going on in this story I didn't know the half of it!

Thanks,
Marie

SPOILERISH P.S.

Colson mentioned Jeremy's mother - how is she, btw? I seem to remember a telephone call...... ;)

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1893 on: May 11, 2007, 01:59:44 am »
and now, chapter... 6 !

http://louisev.livejournal.com/217791.html

SPOILER

I don't get it. What was Jeremy thinking that he could talk about stuff like this with Colson? He doesn't want to talk to Ellery about it because he'll end up all embarrassed, so he talks to Colson and embarrasses him? hmmm...

Colson's right, it's Ellery he should be telling this, but considering all the gossiping that's going on at the Stallion, I'd be surprised if Ellery didn't already know this.

Great chapter Louise! and yeah, all the mothering is so nice.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1894 on: May 11, 2007, 03:09:55 am »
He doesn't want to talk about it with Ellery because he had been attracted to Ellery.  Colson is a friend.  Ellery is a former fantasy man for him and is his boss.  Talking to Colson is, in a way, like asking permission.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1895 on: May 11, 2007, 06:17:37 am »

Colson's right, it's Ellery he should be telling this, but considering all the gossiping that's going on at the Stallion, I'd be surprised if Ellery didn't already know this.

Ellery knows the bar knows about some of their sex games. He told Colson about it. I believe it is in a Second Chance, Colson asks Lauren if he knows anything about bondage and stuff. Then in a Shelter from the Storm Wayne tells Ellery he knows something. Ellery teased Colson about it again in The Red Stallion.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1896 on: May 11, 2007, 01:34:09 pm »
Yeah, I find the psychology of this story fascinating.  Jeremy is conflicted about his own proclivity for being submissive, complicated by the fact that he used to fantasize about Ellery, complicated by the fact that he found out that Ellery's preferences are similar to his -conflicting with the image he had of Ellery, complicated by the fact that Ellery is his boss as well as a close friend, complicated by the fact that Ellery is married to Colson, his close friend and confidant, complicated by the knowledge that Ellery and Colson engage in some mild bondage and paddling.  Not to mention the fact that Jeremy knows he would have had his own sexual encounter with Jeeves had he not passed out, complicated by the details he has come to know about Jeeves's and Lance's relationship, complicated by the fact that he once watched Lance having sex on a video, which he thought of when dreaming about Nick when he first met him.  And speaking of Nick - there is the added complication that Jeremy himself knows that he very much enjoyed Nicky's very personal surprise Christmas gift, complicated by the fact that Nicky promised more surprises, which Jeremy agreed to with enthusiasm, complicated by the fact that Jeremy (perhaps subconsciously?)  bosses Nick at work in order to get Nicky to boss him in bed . . . . . . . . . .

Oy.

Looking forward to more!

Marie
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 09:16:48 am by mariez »
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1897 on: May 11, 2007, 01:46:57 pm »
as I learned from Dan Savage in his sex column, and from innumerable people who know a lot better than I do:

it's complicated!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1898 on: May 11, 2007, 02:01:11 pm »
Yeah, I find the psychology of this story fascinating.  Jeremy is conflicted about his own proclivity of being submissive, complicated by the fact that he used to fantasize about Ellery, complicated by the fact that he found out that Ellery's preferences are similar to his -conflicting with the image he had of Ellery, complicated by the fact that Ellery is his boss as well as a close friend, complicated by the fact that Ellery is married to Colson, his close friend and confidant, complicated by the knowledge that Ellery and Colson engage in some mild bondage and paddling.  Not to mention the fact that Jeremy knows he would have had his own sexual encounter with Jeeves had he not passed out, complicated by the details he has come to know about Jeeves's and Lance's relationship, complicated by the fact that he once watched Lance having sex on a video, which he thought of when dreaming about Nick when he first met him.  And speaking of Nick - there is the added complication that Jeremy himself knows that he very much enjoyed Nicky's very personal surprise Christmas gift, complicated by the fact that Nicky promised more surprises, which Jeremy agreed to with enthusiasm, complicated by the fact that Jeremy (perhaps subconciously?)  bosses Nick at work in order to get Nicky to boss him in bed . . . . . . . . . .

Oy.

Looking forward to more!

Marie

:laugh:  :laugh:

nicely put!

Maybe Jeremy needs a shed too!  :D

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1899 on: May 11, 2007, 03:03:01 pm »
a short but nonetheless significant chapter:

"The Chesterfield Fortune: 7"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/218178.html