Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2159109 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Trust
« Reply #3310 on: April 01, 2008, 02:22:24 pm »
They lay naked and spread-eagled in the afternoon sunshine on the wide bank of their river, their panting caused by much more than the high altitude.  Trust Ennis to find another way to leave me a puddle of mush, thought Jack.  Ennis just purred beside him, eyes closed, the makings of a smile spreading across his face. 

[57 words; Drabblefest prompts:  bank   trust   spread]

Beautiful, just beautiful!  I'm just amazed at how much you can say with so few words.  Very sexy, very descriptive cwby30!  Thanks so much for sharing.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Right
« Reply #3311 on: April 01, 2008, 02:25:52 pm »
I just want to let everyone know that an installment of "Right" will be posted in a few days.  I'm working on it now.  I plan to post a longer chapter than usual, as there is a lot of ground to cover.  I trust Toycoon won't mind if I tell you he'll be away from the Board for a few weeks, and I'll carry on with "Right" until he returns.  Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience.  :)

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Bank
« Reply #3312 on: April 01, 2008, 06:03:57 pm »
Another one, just couldn't resist:

Coming from the darkness of the building he squinted in the bright afternoon sunshine, holding a piece of paper in his right hand with a death grip.  He couldn't believe it, but it was right there before his eyes, a single word stamped across it in red capital letters big enough to read even without fumbling for his glasses: PAID. As of 1:32 PM that day they owned their spread free and clear of the First Bank & Trust of Wyoming.  He grinned at the figure sitting in the truck parked at the curb, waved the paper and yelled, "Yee-haw!"

[100 words.  Drabblefest prompts: bank   trust   spread]

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3313 on: April 01, 2008, 06:53:09 pm »
Hello Kids!

Just checking in! I'm so out of it. School is gonna wind down here in about 7 weeks and maybe I can relax a little.

Toycoon -- are you here, or have you left for China? I think you said it would be next week maybe??

Littlewing will be having company before too long -- Dagi!! That will be exciting to meet another Brokie, huh?

Littlewing -- are you busier and busier getting your sweet girl ready for graduation? What's going on there?

Talk to ya'll later. Take care! Love and Hugs!
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3314 on: April 01, 2008, 10:12:39 pm »
Wow! Hot and sexy cwby30!
You're a nasty natural!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Bank
« Reply #3315 on: April 01, 2008, 11:16:10 pm »
Another one, just couldn't resist:

Coming from the darkness of the building he squinted in the bright afternoon sunshine, holding a piece of paper in his right hand with a death grip.  He couldn't believe it, but it was right there before his eyes, a single word stamped across it in red capital letters big enough to read even without fumbling for his glasses: PAID. As of 1:32 PM that day they owned their spread free and clear of the First Bank & Trust of Wyoming.  He grinned at the figure sitting in the truck parked at the curb, waved the paper and yelled, "Yee-haw!"

[100 words.  Drabblefest prompts: bank   trust   spread]

Awwww, I just love it!  This is such a heartfelt telling of Jack and Ennis' sweet life coming to pass.  And in 100 words!  Beautiful!

Offline cwby30

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3316 on: April 01, 2008, 11:20:16 pm »
Evenin', Toy.

Well, I'll take that compliment! Especially coming from the writer Mr. 'Right'.  8)

Thanks again. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3317 on: April 01, 2008, 11:24:38 pm »
Hello Kids!

Just checking in! I'm so out of it. School is gonna wind down here in about 7 weeks and maybe I can relax a little.

Toycoon -- are you here, or have you left for China? I think you said it would be next week maybe??

Littlewing will be having company before too long -- Dagi!! That will be exciting to meet another Brokie, huh?

Littlewing -- are you busier and busier getting your sweet girl ready for graduation? What's going on there?

Talk to ya'll later. Take care! Love and Hugs!

Hey, Shasta!  It's so nice to see you here!  I know you'll be glad when school is out.  I will be, as well.  Maria and I are getting her forms ready for FIDM.  Have you ever watched the MTV reality series, "The Hills?"  Well, Maria is applying to the same school that the girls are attending on the show: FIDM, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising.  The only thing is, if Maria is accepted, she'll enroll at the San Francisco campus.  She may transfer to the L.A. campus at a later date.  I believe Maria has a good shot of getting in.  The admissions people are impressed with her designs.  We have a meeting with the directors next week.  I'll keep you posted.  Thanks for asking!  :)

Dagi and I are excited about meeting face-to-face.  We still have about 2 months to iron out the details, but we're working that out.  I can't wait to see her.  And I'm dying to meet Gary in the flesh.  Meeting the 2 of them will do me a world of good!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Luxury
« Reply #3318 on: April 01, 2008, 11:35:04 pm »
Luxury by Littlewing1957

Jack insisted they stop for the night.  Ennis couldn’t conscious the expense, but Jack insisted on paying.  They were up half the night driving back to the point where they met up for the trip, and at that moment, neither was in any shape to drive another mile.  The place was as swanky a hotel as Ennis could imagine.  He didn’t even know the great state of Wyoming built such places.

Ennis didn’t notice the name of the hotel as Jack checked them in.  All he saw was sumptuous appointments.  Everywhere Ennis turned he was surrounded by beauty.  How could Jack afford to put them up here, even for the night?  But Jack didn’t even blink when the clerk handed him a receipt to sign.  The room rented for $120.00 a night.

And what a room!  Ennis entered into luxury he never imagined.  Jack whooped when he saw the king sized bed, wardrobe, desk, and a bathroom much grander than any he had ever seen.  Jack plopped down on the bed and rolled from side to side.  Ennis stood there and looked at Jack, not sure what to do.  But when Jack eased him down right on top of him, Ennis realized that luxury was not just brocade wall hangings and white shag carpeting.  The true measure of luxury was the feel of a loving, accepting embrace.  Ennis settled into the precious warmth of Jack’s arms.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

On My Mind
« Reply #3319 on: April 01, 2008, 11:38:45 pm »
On My Mind by Littlewing1957

Jack was drunk!  He just won his third straight rodeo competition and decided to celebrate, alone, at the nearest bar: the one located just a stone’s throw from the fleabag hotel where he rented a room by the night.  Jack Twist never felt so alone.  He was on a winning streak, but no one approached him to ask him out for a drink, or to even congratulate him on a job well done.  Jack took a seat at the bar and ordered a whiskey neat from the greasy bartender.  He knocked it back in an instant, and ordered another.  Jack chuckled silently as he remembered falling all over himself after clowning around for Ennis Del Mar.  Ennis told him that his dad called Rodeo riders “F ups!”  Jack chugged his whiskey and wiped his mouth with the back of a hand.  He was alone.  Jack thought perhaps he was a f up after all.  There was perhaps nothing more pathetic than a young man, a Rodeo champion, alone and lonely on a Saturday night.

The juke box had been silent when Jack entered the bar, but someone placed a coin in it and now it blared a sad tune.  Jack recognized the song as Glen Campbell’s “Gentle on my Mind.”  He wondered what the person who requested that song was trying to do to him.  Jack ordered another drink and he got it.  Jack was so wasted that he saw an image right in front of him – the image of a sandy haired cowboy.  Ennis Del Mar was standing right in front of him, occupying the space where the bartender once stood.  “Here’s to you, Friend!” Jack stammered as he lifted his glass to an Ennis who was as real as his misery.

The song still played.  Jack moved to the dance floor alone.  He swayed, in time, to the music.  He was oblivious to the other couples dancing silently on the floor.  Jack grimaced as he sang the lyrics, held himself, thought of Ennis.  He bumped into a pretty lady, and almost set her boyfriend off.  But the lady pulled her man back.  She saw that Jack was drunk and that he was hurting.  But when Jack’s “dancing” began to get out of hand, the bouncer came over and led him off the floor.  “Go home and sleep it off, bud!” The guard spoke to Jack as he pulled him outside the bar.  Jack wrestled his arm from the bouncer’s grip and set off toward his room.  “Who is she?” The bouncer yelled after Jack.  “No one!” Jack answered as he walked away into the night.