Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2160753 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
13 Weeks
« Reply #3370 on: April 22, 2008, 12:46:25 am »
Ennis once heard somewhere that loneliness and depression can hurt like hell.  He believed it as he sat down beside a small calf at the ranch.  He must endure 13 more weeks before he can be in Jack Twist’s arms, and Ennis was hurtin’ something fierce.  The sadness began to swell on down from his neck to his shoulders.  He tried to work the tightness out with a practiced hand – the same hand he used to massage his horse’s sore shanks - but his touch could never do him any good.  He needed, and wanted Jack Twist.

Ennis did his work on auto pilot.  He liked ranch work, but lately he resented the almost mind numbing repetition of feeding livestock and otherwise tending to them.  He needed care.  He needed Jack’s shoulder to lay his head upon at the end of the day.  Ennis was smarting.  He hurt so bad that he didn’t even try to stop the tears as they fell.  He didn't know how he could face another day of responsibilities, of being alone.

What would Jack do?  Would Jack shake him out of his depression?  Remind him that he had 2 little girls depending on him?  Or would Jack commiserate, know that he was the only medicine that Ennis could ever need or want?  13 weeks was not such a long time, Ennis thought as Billy, his co-worker and friend, walked in, leading a small calf by a rope.  “Why don’t you have a look at this one,” Billy smiled at Ennis as he handed him the rope.  Ennis accepted the calf with a forced grin.  “She sick,” Ennis asked Billy without looking at him.  “I reckon so, Friend,” Billy responded.  Both men were silent as Ennis tended to the calf.  He was not a vet, certainly, but he had a knack for diagnosing calves that were feeling poorly.  “She just needs to be walked around more—you know—get some exercise.”  “I’ll see to it,” Bill exclaimed, as he took the rope from Ennis and turned to lead her out with the rest of the stock.  Billy turned back like he just remembered something.  “I hear you have vacation coming to you in a couple of months!”  The mention of his holiday caused Ennis’ shoulders to slacken.  “Yeah, and I can’t wait,” Ennis spoke resolutely.  Billy led the calf out and returned to his pal.  “Tell me all about it, Ennis,” he said excitedly.  “I don’t get to go nowhere.  You’re lucky.  Maybe I can live through you.”  Ennis didn’t know what to say.  Here he was all this time feeling sorry for himself when he knew others who would certainly trade places with him.  “Maybe over lunch I’ll tell you all about it.”  Billy smiled and walked out.  Ennis would take lunch in an hour.  He looked forward to discussing some of his plans with Billy.  He may end up feeling like a new man.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 05:41:47 pm by Littlewing »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Questions
« Reply #3371 on: April 24, 2008, 12:37:20 am »
Jack was placing the last of his things into his duffle bag when Lureen started in with the questions.  Jack looked at his wife and tried to figure out what was behind the 3rd degree.  It was not like her to ask about his all too infrequent fishing trips with Ennis Del Mar.  Jack answered as best he could without giving too much away.  Did she suspect?  What did she know?

“When will you be back?” Lureen asked as she examined her freshly painted Chinese red nails.  Jack placed the last of his shirts in his bag and closed it up tight.  “I should be here by next Friday, you know that!”  Lureen closed her eyes and blew on the wet polish.  “Where you guys going this time?”  Jack was becoming annoyed by all the questions.  Lureen once told him she didn’t care what he did with his free time, and didn’t mind him spending a few weeks out of the year with Ennis.  She never even asked when he would be home—until now.  “Somewhere up by Yellowstone,”  was Jack's answer.  Lureen nodded absently.  “What you guys gonna do when you get there?”  Jack was frightened now.  He moved his duffle to the floor and walked the few feet to the bathroom to take a last leak before driving off.  Lureen wasn’t used to Jack brushing her off like that.  She followed him to the door of the bathroom and waited until he finished.

Jack shivered as he washed his hands.  He had better get out of town while he still had his wits about him.  After drying his hands on a red towel, Jack opened the bathroom door to a scowling Lureen.  “Wha…,” Jack began as he was stopped in his tracks.  Lureen had her hands on her slim hips and the motor was running!  Her foot was tapping the carpet, and a frown darkened her pretty face.  “Let me past, Lureen!” Jack’s voice was low and furious.  Lureen recoiled at the acid tone of her husband’s voice.  “I asked you a question, Jack!  What are you guys going to do when you get to where you’re going?”  Jack stopped in his tracks and calmed himself.  Lureen is his spouse and had a right to know.  Jack turned toward her and looked her straight in the eye.  “We’re gonna hunt and fish and eat, Lureen---same as we always do.  Okay?”  And we’re going to make wild man-love! Jack smiled at the thought of it.  He would never say this out loud, of course.  Lureen seemed to accept it, or she just didn’t care anymore.  She never uttered a word as Jack hoisted his duffle and headed for the door.  “Well, have a good time,” Lureen spoke, not at all sincere.  “I’ll be back soon, Lureen,” Jack whispered.  He left his home, not at all sure if he would return.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: An Honorable Man
« Reply #3372 on: April 24, 2008, 11:20:32 pm »
I love the image of Ennis being tender and caring with one of the lambs.  Damn, what a lucky lamb. 

Gary, its a real treat to see you here!  I am so happy!  :-*  You have made my night.  Thanks for the sweet comments!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Camping
« Reply #3373 on: April 24, 2008, 11:22:10 pm »
Ah, Littlewing, this little story really makes me want to go camping. 

It's touching that Ennis still has a taste for camping after all that's happened.

Thanks, Gary!  I suppose we never get camping out of our systems!  I know I never will!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Luxury
« Reply #3374 on: April 24, 2008, 11:23:25 pm »
Beautiful little tale, Littlewing.  It's great that the boys got to make love to each other in such a beautiful setting.  It was almost as if they were on their honeymoon.

I can just image the boys on their honeymoon!  Gary, you're a genius!  You've given me an idea...stay with me!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: On My Mind
« Reply #3375 on: April 24, 2008, 11:24:09 pm »
This one broke my heart, Littlewing.  Poor Jack.  He shouldn't have been alone.

Yes! Thanks, Gary!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Right 86
« Reply #3376 on: April 24, 2008, 11:24:45 pm »
That sure was a surprise ending, Littlewing.  I didn't see that coming.  I wonder what will happen now.  I was prepared to tell you that I thought it was for the best that Jack and Ennis left the Twist farm, but that I was very sorry for Mrs. Twist.  But now I wonder if the boys will actually leave.

;)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Ennis and Twist
« Reply #3377 on: April 24, 2008, 11:26:04 pm »
Wow!  The idea that OMT was motivated by jealousy is very interesting, Littlewing.  I don't think I've ever heard anyone else suggest that before.

There is so many ways to interpret this scene.  We've just begun.  I think I'll explore Mr. Twist's feelings here at a later time.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Hugs
« Reply #3378 on: April 24, 2008, 11:28:45 pm »
I could sure use a hug from Jack Twist myself.   :)  Thanks for the story, Littlewing.

Thanks for commenting on the stories!  It means so much to me!  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Weight
« Reply #3379 on: April 24, 2008, 11:31:24 pm »
Very insightful slice of life, Littlewing.  It's not surprising that Jack, like many of us, would turn to food out of loneliness.  But at the same time, he would want to set a good example for Bobby, and he'd worry about his looks.  I would love to see him standing in front of that mirror checking himself out.

I know what you mean, Gary!  If you see me now, you'll know what food medicating looks like.  I need to work off some of this good living!