Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2164532 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Labor Day
« Reply #3490 on: August 31, 2008, 04:09:06 pm »
Jack spent hours shopping for a family picnic in the park on Labor Day.  Lureen presented him with a shopping list that included items such as baked beans, butter, chicken hind quarters, hot links, buns, ground round, mustard, baby back ribs.  The food alone was costing a fortune; Jack thanked God that the Newsomes were paying.  The Newsomes were also in charge of the gathering: picking the location for the party and inviting the guests.  Jack placed the items from the list on the counter of the market and waited in line.  He looked around, absently, and wondered what he had gotten himself into.

He got his dates mixed up, and sent a postcard to Ennis, asking if he wanted to meet up at the cabin on the last day of the month.  Ennis wrote back, refusing him and telling him that he should probably spend the holiday with his family.  Jack was chagrined!  He forgot all about Labor Day.  Actually, truth be told, Jack couldn’t care less.  He would have met up with Ennis in any case.  But his friend had already made plans of his own.  He was taking Alma and the girls to his sister-in-law’s place for a cookout.

“Hey, Jack!”  Jack spun around at the sound of his name.  He saw Randall Malone standing off by the canned goods, waving at him.  “Aw hell,” Jack thought as he nodded to his “friend.”  Randall pushed his way through the people standing behind Jack in line, until they stood face-to-face.  “Randall,” Jack said as he shook Mr. Malone’s hand,  “how ya been?”  “Fine, fine,” Randall exclaimed, excited.  “Been too long.  You look good.”  Jack thought back to the time when he spent a weekend with Randall, alone, at Mr. Taylor’s small lakeside house.  Jack winced at the memory.  He had never before experienced anything so empty. “I’m lookin forward to the barbeque in the park,” Randall enthused.  When Jack gave him a puzzled look, Randall continued: “Lureen invited LaSahwn and I.  We said we would go; wouldn’t miss it.”  Jack felt his heart sink into his gut.   Randall gestured to his shopping basket.  “I’m bringing the booze.”  “Perfect,” Jack thought, gloomily.  He turned away from Randall and didn’t care if he was being rude.  He vowed to have a talk with his wife at his first opportunity.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Manicure
« Reply #3491 on: September 03, 2008, 09:55:27 pm »
Ennis was seated with two other husbands alongside the far wall of Josie’s Beauty Bar, reading a terribly out of date issue of “National Geographic” magazine.  Alma was seated under an enormous dryer, reading “Life” magazine.  The idea of striking up a conversation with one of the other bored husbands never occurred to Ennis.  He would rather keep to himself - his head lowered in a book.  Ennis Del Mar was never one to initiate small talk with anyone.  He noticed Alma’s excitement about being treated to a full salon package: hair cut, color and style, manicure, pedicure, eyebrow wax.  Ennis surprised Alma with the gift, as it was the second anniversary of their marriage, and he thought she deserved the pampering.  Alma balked at first, and was justifiably concerned with the cost, but Ennis wouldn’t take no for an answer.  His sister suggested the gift, and although the salon treatments consumed almost two weeks of his wages, he couldn’t resist surprising his woman.  After all, Alma had been a very good wife to him.  She was sort of manipulative, Ennis mused as he glanced at her, but she was a good woman, regardless.

Ennis finished National Geographic as Alma’s hair was styled and she was ready for her mani, pedi.  He had to admit that Alma was a good looking woman.  He suppressed a laugh as he remembered a colored guy at work describing his own wife’s salon treatment:

“Mr. Del Mar, my missus just got her hair all fried, dyed and laid to the side--and she looks mighty fine.”

Ennis snickered aloud!  Alma looks real good with her hair all fried, dyed and laid to the side!  He watched as an attendant led Alma over to a chair and placed her feet in a tray filled to the brim with water and a soapy liquid.  While her feet soaked, the manicurist placed a table between Alma and herself.  She began to file Alma’s nails, and as Ennis watched, he gulped, and he remembered: 

Just last month Ennis watched as Jack walked toward him.  He looked marvelous, and Ennis did what he always did when Jack approached, start his gaze at Jack’s expensive boots and move upward to his crotch (oh, God) and his gaze invariably rested on Jack’s hands.  Ennis ran toward Jack and pulled his arms around his waist.  He took Jack’s hands and noticed that his nails were freshly, expertly manicured.  “Jack,” Ennis began as he inspected his man’s caressingly soft hands.  “I know, friend,” Jack sighed, chagrined.  “You know this is not me,” he continued, “But Lureen forced me to do this thing.  We had an employee contest, and I was chosen to present the winners with prizes at a special banquet.  Lureen thought my nails should look nice if I was going to hand out prizes in front of everyone…so I had my nails manicured.”  Ennis nodded and withheld comment.  But he was quick to respond, to speak out when Jack’s hands worked him over that night.  Ennis had to compose himself at the thought of Jack’s shiny nails caressing his body.  He picked up another National Geographic, a more recent one this time, and pretended to read.  No use in getting all excited in a public place.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

I Miss You!
« Reply #3492 on: September 07, 2008, 04:42:00 pm »
Jack knew he was being foolish, but he couldn’t help himself.  Was it the drink or the maudlin love song that he played over and over?  It was not like him – or was it?  Jack was sprawled on Lureen’s expensive new rug, stinking drunk; a married man pining after his married lover. 

Jack had to fight to keep from spilling his whiskey all over the rug.  He didn’t care about the rug; he didn’t want to waste the booze.  It was helping him forget, helping him control the agonizing loneliness.  “Is this love,” Jack slurred aloud.  “Can I admit it?”

He was a mess, and Jack knew he had to pull himself together for his family’s sake, if not for his own.  His wife and son would return from the fair in a few hours, and Jack was at a loss.  He couldn’t sober up, or tidy up in time.  Whiskey bottles littered the living room floor.  A half eaten sandwich lay on his expensive couch covered by greasy potato chips.  It was all he could do to keep from calling Ennis in an effort to ease his lonely soul.  Jack pulled himself to his feet and made an attempt to clean up.  After all, he could look forward to fishing in a few weeks.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Just the Two of Us
« Reply #3493 on: September 11, 2008, 12:40:45 am »
“Well, if he looks good and you really feel attracted to him, what can I say?”  Jack was doing a poor job of controlling the quiver in his voice as he spoke.  “And if you can get him in bed, just be sure to bring him along on one of our trips, and we can do this!”  Jack ran his fingers nervously through his thick, dark hair.  Ennis was becoming amused.  “Just don’t leave me out,” Jack whispered.

Ennis met Jack at the campsite right on time.  He was feeling very playful, and couldn’t suppress an urge to mess with his friend.  He realized that the question he posed could produce any kind of reaction in Jack, but Ennis decided to go ahead.  As Jack placed his things inside the tent, Ennis asked, “Jack, what would you say if I met a young man that asked me to come into his teepee with him?”  Jack dropped his clothes on the cold ground and turned to face his lover.  His eyes flashed hurt, anger, and Ennis was certain that he saw a trace of lust pass across Jack’s features.  It was then that he went into his little speech.

“Hey, Buddy, that’ll be 7 dollars and 52 cents!”  Ennis, startled, looked up into the face of the bored, middle aged clerk as he tried to hide the dirty magazine he was looking through at the counter of the liquor store.  He had never before seen a skin rag that featured 3 men getting it on.  Ennis shook himself from his daydream and hastily stuffed the mag back onto the rack and reached into his tattered wallet to fetch money to pay for his bottles of whiskey.  The picture of three men in bed together had him wondering what Jack would say about such an arrangement.  He shook his head as he walked out of the store to his truck.  Would Jack go wild if he asked to bring another man into the tent?  Ennis imagined posing the question to Jack and –well – why would Jack sanction such a thing?  He could never ask such a thing of his lover.  Jack was all he could ever need or want.

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3494 on: September 11, 2008, 12:57:54 am »
That was a wild one Littlewing1957. I wonder where this story is headed; straight to smutville, I hope!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #3495 on: September 12, 2008, 12:44:36 am »
That was a wild one Littlewing1957. I wonder where this story is headed; straight to smutville, I hope!

Oh, I don't know, sweetie.  I may finish the story at a later date.  But now, I have another story for you!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

First One In..
« Reply #3496 on: September 12, 2008, 12:49:34 am »
Jack was sitting on the floor, his slim body sandwiched between Ennis’ strong thighs.  Jack held a bottle of Old Rose with one hand, and with the other he rubbed a trail along his lover’s right leg.  Ennis couldn’t resist pulling his thighs together and giving Jack’s torso a little squeeze.  Jack didn’t seem to notice.  He settled back, his head resting on Ennis’ crotch.  It was all Ennis could do to keep from taking him right then and there.

Jack passed the whiskey up to his friend without even turning around.  Ennis accepted the bottle and chugged.  He gasped as the liquid snaked a hot trail down his throat and into his gut.  Ennis looked down at Jack’s tangle of dark hair.  He picked up a lock and twisted it around a finger.  Jack didn’t move or make a sound.  It was unlike him. 

Ennis placed the bottle in front of Jack’s face as held it there for a few beats.  Jack made no move to take it.  Now Ennis was intrigued.  He placed the booze on the floor beside them and gently pulled Jack’s head back, against his lap until he could see his eyes.  Jack's mug looked mighty strange upside down.  He looked like a rather large bug or a rat.  Ennis chuckled when he noticed Jack’s eyes where his mouth should have been.  “What ya up to, friend,” Jack asked, sheepishly.  Ennis smiled down at him.  “I was just about to ask you the same thing, Rodeo,” Ennis stammered.  “Nothin much, just enjoying the atmosphere,” Jack offered.  Ennis pushed Jack’s head back up.  He didn’t want him to get a stiff neck. “Well, I hear the water is pretty warm this time of day,” Ennis said, smoothly.  “Why don’t we go on over to the river and take a dip?”  Jack didn’t have to speak, nor did Ennis have to ask twice.  He darted from between Ennis’ thighs and ran into the master bedroom for his swim trunks.  “Last one in,” Jack laughed as he ran past Ennis and out of the door.  Ennis ran behind, soon to catch up.  He wouldn’t need his swim trunks; no, not this time!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Two Hearts
« Reply #3497 on: September 14, 2008, 06:53:11 pm »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Breath of Fresh Air
« Reply #3498 on: September 19, 2008, 12:41:22 am »
Ennis was standing outside of his trailer in the cool of twilight.  He loved the feel of a rush of wind on his face, and he lived to see the colors of the sky as the sun made its departure.  No one around for miles, it seemed.  But Ennis Del Mar didn’t feel lonely.  He had taken a nap a few minutes ago and Jack Twist appeared, briefly, in his dream.

The dream was starkly vivid, much clearer and pronounced than any dream that Ennis could remember.  He was lying atop Jack in the tent up on Brokeback: limbs sweaty and tangled.  How bizarre when his legs seemed to fall away from Jack’s, and his arms disentangled themselves from Jack’s embrace.  Ennis had the feeling that he was somewhere along the back of the tent, watching himself unfold from Jack in slow motion.  It was almost scary!  But frightening or not, Ennis was disappointed when he was awaken by a truck driving past his trailer.

When he pulled himself together enough to go outside for a breath of air, he was surprised at how cold it had become.  Ennis walked back in and fetched his blanket.  He also grabbed a bottle of whiskey and a glass.  The evening was fine for sitting out on his stoop for awhile and watching the sun set.  He poured himself a drink and held his glass up to the sky.  “Here’s to you, beautiful sunset, and to you, Jack Twist!”  Ennis took a little sip.  “Jack, I'll see you next month, or maybe even tonight, if I have anything to say about it!”

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Getting to Know You (3)
« Reply #3499 on: September 20, 2008, 12:51:51 am »
Ennis was hugging Jack close, as always, and he decided he wanted to ask him a few more questions.  “Hey, Bud,” Ennis began, after favoring Jack with a tender kiss to the cheek.  “You remember that game we played just yesterday?”  “Yep,” Jack answered, after recovering from Ennis’ sweet kiss.  “You wanna play?  Can I ask you some more things about yourself?”  Jack adjusted himself in Ennis’ arms.  He thought as long as he was going to answer questions, he may as well be comfortable.  “Shoot,” Jack said.

Ennis:  “Do you love your wife?”

Jack:    “I guess so, in my own way.  But we’re more friends than anything else.”

Ennis:   “What did you feel when you saw Bobby for the first time?”

Jack:     “Fear!”

Ennis:   (Moving Jack around to face him) “Fear?”

Jack:     “Yeah.  It sounds strange, I know, but here was this tiny baby in Lureen’s arms and I was scared to even hold him.  I thought I would hurt him or something.  Besides, I didn’t know anything about taking care of a small kid.

Ennis:   “Well, that makes sense to me.  You didn’t see him being born, did you?  I mean, were you there in the room with Lureen when she gave birth?”

Jack:   (Looking at Ennis as though seeing him for the first time) “Are you nuts?  I would never be in the room when Lureen gave birth to that boy.  Tell ya what..I asked the doctor when she was due and I made sure I was out of town on business.”

Ennis:  (Incredulous) “What? How did you manage that?"

Jack:   (Laughing) “I know I sound like a heel, but I can’t stand being anywhere near a woman when she is about to give birth.  It bothers me.  I can't stand to see anyone in that kind of pain."  Jack flinched.  "You have to understand Lureen!  That woman is always on time, and I hear her water broke on the very day that the doctor said it would.  Can you imagine that?  I got my father-in-law to send me to Dallas to look at a stock of combines a few days before the doctor said Lureen would deliver.  I swear ole man Newsome was happy that I left town.  He and his wife took Lureen to the hospital and stayed with her all during the delivery.  I got word the day after Bobby was born and I drove back to be with my family.”

Ennis:  (laughing and shaking his head) “Jack, you’re too much.  You feel more confident around Bobby now?”

Jack:    (Thoughtful) “Yeah, now that he is older and I can handle him better, I feel okay with him.  I can even change his diapers and heat up his bottle.  I’m a decent papa.”

Ennis was enjoying the question and answer session, but holding Jack so close was causing the heat to rise.  He caressed his lover, and in a few seconds, Jack seemed ready. “C’mon Bud,” Ennis whispered, tenderly, “Roll over and move with me.  Show me how you made that boy!”