Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8744860 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17060 on: March 19, 2021, 03:49:16 pm »

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17061 on: March 20, 2021, 10:19:07 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Slept well last night, I gathered I would after all the work done yesterday.   It's a nice feeling to know everything is clean now.

The last thing to do today is to clean the living room windows and treat them with the insect repellent. I'll do this after lunch, and a then take down the St. Patrick's Day stuff, and put up the Easter stuff.

I'll be meeting my friend, Tina, for lunch today.  I'll be picking it up on the way to her place, and we'll eat it on the front porch.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17062 on: March 20, 2021, 10:20:22 am »
How were you able to put a table cloth door stopper inside the door after you already sealed it with tape???

Are you a witch? A magician?

Yes, so don't push me.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17063 on: March 20, 2021, 10:25:08 am »
 :o
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17064 on: March 21, 2021, 05:37:00 pm »

Yes, so don't push me.

Is that you? I'm not surprised.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17065 on: March 23, 2021, 09:44:06 pm »

what's new and exciting?

Was back at work yesterday, and now I'm contemplating my next 'stay-cation'.  LOL

I'm thinking a week in July.  April is too soon,  May and June is the busy season, so then July makes the most sense.

I don't remember if I posted this here, so I'll say it now.  If I've mentioned this before, sorry for the repeat.  My family and I all got our appointments for our first vaccines.  My dad and I are going on 03/31/2021.  Mom and Chris are the day after, on 4/1.  The second vaccine is scheduled for 4/28.  :)

Tomorrow should start the work for the "Monster Report" that I have to prepare each month.  Oh joy!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17066 on: March 30, 2021, 10:32:52 pm »

It was a quiet weekend here this past weekend, and now I'm busy with the Monster report for work, so I've been busy the last few days.

Tomorrow I'm signing off at noon, and then picking up my dad, and the two of us are going for our first Covid jabs.   Mom and Chris go for their first jabs ono Thursday.

I need to contact my niece (Shana) I've got a basket for Trenton and a card for her and Derek, and I would like to drop them off before Easter.  I'm going to see if they'll be around Friday evening, and drop it by then.

Does anyone have anything else going on?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17067 on: March 31, 2021, 08:48:32 am »
I'm looking for a vaccine myself. I signed up with some state app that's supposed to alert me if there's one available in my area (like leftover vaccine that would otherwise be thrown out) but I've never heard from it. I tried my usual clinic a couple of days ago but apparently you can only make an appointment on a Thursday or Friday the week before, and they fill up fast. I tried Walgreen's and CVS; both have a list of nearby locations and they all say NO APPOINTMENTS AVAILABLE. I tried Walmart, they say I don't qualify.

How do all these people keep getting them? I don't mean your family, Chuck, the fact that you've already had it maybe helps, or that your dad is older. But I see lots of random people on Facebook who've gotten it -- how do they do it? Seems like it would be a full-time job.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17068 on: March 31, 2021, 09:05:11 am »
How do all these people keep getting them? I don't mean your family, Chuck, the fact that you've already had it maybe helps, or that your dad is older. But I see lots of random people on Facebook who've gotten it -- how do they do it? Seems like it would be a full-time job.

This has been my question for, like, forever. I keep running across people, usually from work, who are definitely younger than me, and they've been fully vaccinated. Hunh? How is that? I don't know how they even get an appointment, let alone qualify for vaccination.

Of course, I'm in a living situation where New Jersey seems to have one set of rules, Pennsylvania has another set of rules, and Philadelphia has its own set of rules for qualification. Cross the city line here, and you've got a whole 'nother set of rules for qualification.

Now Joe wants everybody to be able to get an appointment after April 19. Um, Joe, are you kidding? Considering how difficult it is to get an appointment now, what's it going to be like when everybody tries to get an appointment?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17069 on: March 31, 2021, 09:23:56 am »
Good point!

Here, the governor said anyone over 16 is eligible. But then there are also still supposedly some priority groups -- the usual ones like frontline workers, underlying conditions, etc. But now being over 50 is supposed to be a priority, yet somehow the Walmart's questionnaire doesn't even ask your age. (I've only been in a Walmart a few times decades ago. Now I have even less reason to go.) When even the priority age was people over 65, I knew plenty of people at least slightly younger than that who were getting them.