Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9199566 times)

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10640 on: January 19, 2012, 07:18:18 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Greetings from cold, grey and damp NJ!   ::)

Unfortunately, it's too warm for snow, although last night was a "winter mix" of weather, we woke this morning to just rain and drizzles.

Here are some pics from "my" breakfast this morning at work.  We have a tradition here, when it's your birthday, you treat the office to breakfast.  It's usually something like Dunkin' Donuts or some bagels.  I decided to be a "showoff" and put out a big spread.

On the left we've got three kinds of muffins:  Corn, chocolate with cheese, and red velvet.  In the middle is a fruit bowl with assorted melon, pineapple and berries.  On the right is two dozen bagels.

Huh  ??? No Vegemite ?   :o

Where's the Vegemite?  ???  ::)

(Translation: Delicious, black, gooey spread made from what's left in the bottom of Ozzie beer vats and spread sparingly on buttered bagels).

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10641 on: January 19, 2012, 08:58:07 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I hope everyone is doing well!!!!

Huh  ??? No Vegemite ?   :o

Where's the Vegemite?  ???  ::)

(Translation: Delicious, black, gooey spread made from what's left in the bottom of Ozzie beer vats and spread sparingly on buttered bagels).

Apparently delicious is a relative word.   :laugh: :laugh:

What is it with you folks down under that you try to get me to eat gross stuff? ? ? ? ?

I've had Vegemite (bleh) when Matthew had some with him back in 2009 in New York.  I've also had Marmite.  Also yuck. 

And then when I got to NZ, Matthew made me eat whitebait patties and kept talking about grubs that taste like peanut butter.

:P

Ok, on to other topics.   :laugh:

My brother and sister-in-law will be coming to visit on Sunday, and that's when the family will be celebrating the birthdays.  Dad's was the 14th, and mine was the 15th.  I'm also going out dancing on Saturday with friends, so I'll be tired on Sunday.  ::)

Other than that, business as usual here.

What's up with all of you?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10642 on: January 20, 2012, 08:41:23 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That image just cracks me up!

Made it to Friday!   ;D   There was supposed to be snow here in NJ, but that didn't happen, now they're saying tonight, maybe tomorrow.  I'm supposed to go out dancing tomorrow night, but if the weather is bad, I'm staying home. Ugh!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10643 on: January 20, 2012, 02:59:48 pm »
That gif is too cute!!!!   ;D

Thanks for taking the trouble of finding all these different images, Chuck. They're all great in each their way.

Even if I don't always comment on them, I always appreciate them.

It's a great and thoughtful way of you to compensate the lack of travel destinations!  :)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10644 on: January 20, 2012, 03:53:43 pm »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10645 on: January 23, 2012, 09:13:46 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

:laugh:  :laugh:   :laugh:

I searched on "waving gif" thinking I might find a few pics of people waving so I could wave to you all today, and this little boy/girl showed up trying to imitate that "flailing armed windsock thing" and it made me laugh, so that is my greeting today!

I think some laughter is needed here today, given yesterday's and today's anniversaries.

I came late to Heath Ledger, my first experience with his acting was Brokeback.  He was Ennis Del Mar for me, just as he was for all of you.

I remember seeing The Dark Knight, and waiting for Ennis' voice to come from him.  ::)  That's how much I believed he was Ennis Del Mar.

Since Brokeback, I've seen TDK, Imaginarium, Patriot, Roar, and 10 Things.  I'm always impressed by his talent.

Taken from us too soon, always missed, allways remembered.  Thank you for all you've done Heath!

Jackie was the person who gave me the nickname of "Faithful Friend", and the first person to greet me when I got to Texas for the big BBQ.  Between emails, phone calls, PMs, and actual gatherings, we were very close.  She was there for me during some very difficult times, and her soothing voice and big shoulders were such a comfort.

:-*

I choose not to wallow in sadness over these pics.  I will celebrate them.  My life has changed dramatically because of both Heath and Jackie, and I think that is the greatest testament to their lives that I can give. 

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10646 on: January 23, 2012, 09:37:17 am »

I choose not to wallow in sadness over these pics.  I will celebrate them.  My life has changed dramatically because of both Heath and Jackie, and I think that is the greatest testament to their lives that I can give. 
A great attitude!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10647 on: January 24, 2012, 08:35:32 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Grey rainbow here today, to match the weather in NJ, as well as my mood.  LOL

I don't know why, but today I'm feeling a bit "blah" about everything, so it seems.  It should pass soon!  And if it doesn't, bowling tonight should put me in a better frame of mind.

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10648 on: January 24, 2012, 08:42:45 am »

Probably that time of year again, Chuck.

You might just need a few smiles from a friend.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10649 on: January 24, 2012, 09:48:33 am »

Get a light box.  Sit by it for a half hour.  Doctors say it works..  You are usually so upbeat.  Sorry you are feeling blue.. or (gray)

How about a Brokie hug?     {{{{{{{{{Chuckie}}}}}}}}}     ;)   ;)

Beautiful mind