Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8855371 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17010 on: February 13, 2021, 09:15:09 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

How is everyone doing?

Yesterday (Friday) was my brother's birthday.  It was also pay day and grocery pick up day.

Today (Saturday) was mom and dad's anniversary, and tomorrow is Valentine's Day.   Usually I go to see them on Sundays for lunch and laundry, but given that we are going to have some bad weather tonight into tomorrow, I decided to see them today on their anniversary, and get the laundry done, so I don't have to leave the apartment tomorrow.

I got everything done by 3:30, and was back home before any precip started to fall.  Nothing is falling yet (8:15 pm), so I got done in plenty of time.  There were a few different predictions on when it would start, so I wasn't sure what I would be dealing with.

Gave mom and dad a card for their anniversary, and Chris got a card with cash for his bday.  Then everyone got some candy for Valentine's day.

Spending the evening straightening up the apartment.  I had some non-perishable groceries that I didn't bother to put away yesterday when I took them in from the car, and I'm finally done looking at them in their bags on the floor, so it's time to put them away.

:laugh:

I also have a load of dishes going in the dishwasher, and need to put the fresh sheets on the bed.

Wanted breakfast for dinner today, so when I decided to make some pancakes and sausage for dinner with the mini griddle I have.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17011 on: February 13, 2021, 09:47:04 pm »
So many holidays all packed together! Yesterday was Asian New Year. I had some noodles to celebrate. Tomorrow is Valentines, Monday is President's Day, and next Saturday is my grandson's 10th birthday. I'm trying to get myself into a festive mood, but with negative degree nightly lows, it's a challenge!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17012 on: February 14, 2021, 11:10:44 am »
I'm trying to get myself into a festive mood, but with negative degree nightly lows, it's a challenge!

Here it's currently -18, the high is supposed to be -4 with strong winds causing windchill of -38.

Also, according to my phone, you'll have 50s in about a week. Best we'll get is 34.  >:(

At least there's no snow in the forecast here! Plus, one of the best things about COVID is I hardly ever have to set foot outside. Normally, on weekdays I'd be going to to my freezing dark parking garage roof to and from work. Instead, I spend almost all my days in my toasty home office just feet from a space heater.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17013 on: February 14, 2021, 03:51:20 pm »
So many holidays all packed together! Yesterday was Asian New Year. I had some noodles to celebrate. Tomorrow is Valentines, Monday is President's Day, and next Saturday is my grandson's 10th birthday. I'm trying to get myself into a festive mood, but with negative degree nightly lows, it's a challenge!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17014 on: February 15, 2021, 09:54:57 pm »

How is everyone doing?

Today is the last day of the three day weekend.  :(  Oh well.

At least it means that it's only a 4-day work week.  I can get behind that any time.

I've taken a week off of work in March, but I can't recall when.  LOL   It's in my sent folder, so I can pull it up and review it.  We have no bank holidays until Memorial Day now, so I scheduled some time in March, to get me through to May.

LOL

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17015 on: February 17, 2021, 06:40:53 pm »

Happy Hump Day

We're getting ready for another storm that is scheduled to hit tomorrow.  I believe we're supposed to get about 8 more inches of snow.

That being said, my heart goes out to everyone in Texas who has lost power for days and is dealing with such hardships.

Aside from more snow, tomorrow is 'bonus day', so it will be like getting an extra paycheck this month.  ;D

Oh, and I'm just going to leave this here......

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17016 on: February 17, 2021, 09:07:32 pm »
Oh, and I'm just going to leave this here......

Yes, it's hard to feel too much grief. I myself noticed "Rush Limbaugh's" has the same number of syllables as "the witch is."

I'll never forget him shrieking "I hope he fails! I hope he fails!" about something Obama was going to do. I can't even remember what the thing was, it wasn't Obamacare or anything that divisive in nature. As I recall, it would have improved the country in some fairly noncontroversial way. And yet Obama was being wished failure out of pure political vitriol.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17017 on: February 18, 2021, 01:36:16 pm »

*sings*   Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

We are currently having another storm, it was snowing when I got up at 7:00 this morning, it's still snowing 5 1/2 hours later.  We have about 4 more inches of snow now, and pics have been posted in the "weather" thread here.

Went out to shovel around the car, and brushed the snow of the SUV, so that it won't be such a big job later.

I got my bonus today!  :)

Bills have already been paid, so it was nice to be able to sock it away into savings.

I did same some for fun money, and I ordered a few CDs and books to enjoy.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17018 on: February 18, 2021, 01:38:21 pm »

Yes, it's hard to feel too much grief. I myself noticed "Rush Limbaugh's" has the same number of syllables as "the witch is."

I'll never forget him shrieking "I hope he fails! I hope he fails!" about something Obama was going to do. I can't even remember what the thing was, it wasn't Obamacare or anything that divisive in nature. As I recall, it would have improved the country in some fairly noncontroversial way. And yet Obama was being wished failure out of pure political vitriol.

Apparently, on Twitter, the hashtag #RestInPiss was trending big time.

The big news I'm seeing now is that Texas people are suffering due to the storm, and Senator Ted Cruz, instead of dealing with it, has gone on a vacation.

::)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17019 on: February 19, 2021, 10:21:29 am »
The big news I'm seeing now is that Texas people are suffering due to the storm, and Senator Ted Cruz, instead of dealing with it, has gone on a vacation.

And to Cancun, of all places! During a pandemic. He came right back and apparently isn't up for reelection until 2024, so maybe voters will have forgotten it by then. But he really is widely loathed.

My favorite Ted Cruz joke, by Al Franken: "I like Ted Cruz more than most people in the Senate, and I hate Ted Cruz."

Meanwhile, a new poll found 60% of Republicans favor a third party. And then there's Trump's insane condemnation of Mitch McConnell. Not insane because Mitch McConnell is so great -- I mean Mitch McConnell has played a huge role of supporting Trump through thick and thin these past four years. In many cases, McConnell probably knew better but did it anyway so the party would get its way.

Meanwhile, I remembered the context for Rush Limbaugh saying "I hope he fails!" It was in regard to Obama's plan to bring back the economy after the Great Recession. So Rush was not saying the stimulus was too big or too small or should be allocated some other way. He was saying he, Rush, was so partisan that he wanted Obama to fail to rescue his country's economy.