Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1697356 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
((

))

((Indapaddock weeps uncontrollably off-camera..))

** Bye bye my precious lil woolies!  :-\ :'(  **

« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 05:48:37 pm by Lucise »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((Young Jack sits in one of the little chairs, the one with his name across the back of it.))

**Okay, folks, I guess we need ta take 5 here. No offense to any directors, but I'm tired out. And no, not because of that, so stop sniggering, you gaffer.**

((Jack rolls his eyes... and sits back in the chair reading his script. %% It's actually a giant book of Mad Libs, but someone forgot to tell him. %%))

**We're gonna need the tapdancing basques, Victoria.... I guess you're already on top of that....
And Mr. Indapaddock, lets get the rest of them ballet-dancin' sheep off the mountain so we can get on with the next scene.
I know, I know, sorry Aunt Em and Miss Jane, I'm tryin' ta direct again. This next scene's important though. I'm jes' tryin' to make sure its a good one.
And I guess, Ms. Spanky, we're gonna need some special effects... the fires of hell for Aguirre's song. I knew you don't go down there regularly but this is a special occasion. Of course, the Orchestra is always ready, I've noticed. So looks like we're all just about ready.**

((Young Jack suddenly wakes up in his trailer in the middle of the night; the strange dreams of dancing sheep have returned.))
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old

Heathen

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
**Message from Director Raymille’s Blackberry (private number):**

==I never knew directing from afar could be so easy and rewarding!!  Thank Jack for my trusty Blackberry!

And of course I would be lost without my laptop computer and cell phone!

Well, the results of the endless rehearsals we carried out for the whole month of June are plain to see.  You are all outstanding!  I told you farkeen ac-tors that you can't just fly by the seat of your pants on this!  Improvisation is fine for that loser Lorne Michaels and his tired old show, but what we got here is polish!  Glad to see that some of you have taken my directions to heart.  Now here are some more:

When the two principal Players, and I'm talking about Jack and Ennis here, are anywhere within spittin' distance of each other (say 50 yards), all other ac-tors who are not contributing to the scene being played out should keep their pieholes shut for the duration of the scene, and not make a sound until Jack and Ennis are sated.  In other words, when you see some loving happening between our Jack and Ennis, can ya please give them some space?  This will preserve the special magic that we all know embodies the essence of these two special boys.

I regret that my busy schedule has kept me from personally guiding y'all in this Performance, but y'all are doing a fine job in spite of my dereliction of duties absence.  I especially like the performance of the actor TERRY CLOTH formerly known as WARSH RAG.  I am hearing excellent reviews of his angsty acting all the way over t'here in Tasmania!  Can you believe it?!

Now everybody break a leg!!==

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 03:24:50 am by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
CALL SHEET

==HEADS UP PEOPLE!!!  THE NEXT TWO SCENES ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN:

SCENE # 29 – THE SHEEPS' DELIVERANCE TO AGUIRRE
  SCENE # 30 – JACK AND ENNIS PART

THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTION ASSISTANTS ARE NEEDED ON SET:
Lucise Indapaddock  -  Milli (Lucise)
Ceremonial Feng Shui Director  -  Celeste (YaadPyar)
Props Magician  -  Anke  (Pipedream)

THE FOLLOWING PLAYERS ARE TO REPORT TO THE SET:
Terry Cloth formerly known as Warsh Rag  -  alec716
Jack  -  Daniel
Ennis  -  DeeDee
Joe Aguirre  -  Lee (Front-Ranger)
The Basque  -  Rouxb
Low Startle Point  -  Jenny (newyearsday)
Cigar Butt  -  Melinda (Sashca1007)
Lucy the Blue Heeler Sheepdog  -  Leslie (MaineWriter)
Peeing Sheep  -  Becky
1000 Sheep Extras  -  uncredited
The Rearview Mirror on Jack's Truck  -  Nipith (Starboardlight)
The Man Who Passes Ennis Crouched In The Alley  -  ??
The Wind  -  Clarissa  ( Ellemeno)
Sun and Moon  -  Amanda (azt75)

THE NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME PLAYERS (IMPROV):
High Priestess (as always)  -  Meryl
Jack's Body Butter  -  Nicky (Saucycobblers)
Olivia Owl  -  Anke (Pipedream)
any other BetterMostian who cares to jump in==

CD JT
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:32:04 am by JakeTwist »
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
((AGUIRRE pulls up to the corrals in his beat-up brown Rambler, a pair of foam dice hanging off his rearview. Gets out, reaches back in to grab thermos and copy of The Advocate, slams door, and stomps off to ancient falling-down shed where a couple of Basques are milling around.))

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:46:26 am by Front-Ranger »
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline YaadPyar

The Rearview Mirror on Jack's Truck  -  Nipith (Starboardlight)

** Please note that The Rearview Mirror is out of the country until Augsut 24, and may not have Internet access. **
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

** Please note that The Rearview Mirror is out of the country until Augsut 24, and may not have Internet access. **

THE CASTING DIRECTOR

** Thanks Celeste, Well, if anyone can do their part, looking back, with hindsight, it's The Rearview Mirror. **
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 12:17:17 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
YOUNG JACK:

((Mounted on the back of LSP, Jack remembers back to those few precious moments earlier that morning. Ennis had pulled away so suddenly and so sharply it left him reeling and in more pain than the crack to his jaw. He looked up to see if Ennis was looking at him, but Ennis stared straight ahead, occasionally looking back at the DUMBASS MULES.))

((Jack took the hint and faced forward himself, focusing on the sheep and the events at hand: gettin' the sheep down the mountain.))

%% We never..... we never had a chance to talk 'bout this. About what's going on. I never got to tell him.... Maybe there's still time. %%

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis, on top of Cigar butt, stares straight ahead as if in a trance.  The ride down the mountain seems almost like a dream to him.  He sees Jack look back, but won't look at him.))

%% I shouldn't be mad at 'em.  It ain't all his doin'.  I should'a known betta.  This thing we had ain't gonna happen off a this mountain.  Should'a told him so.  I hope he understands, he looks so damn sad.  Can't look at 'em though, don't know what I'll do if I see them eyes lookin' at me.%%

(( The boys and the animals continue their journey down Brokeback and into a life that was much more lonlier before they first went up.))

LOW STARTLE POINT HORSE:

((Carrying JACK with her head held mournfully low to the ground))

Goddam that Joe Aguirre! He's makin this summer come to an end before its time...it ain't fair. This boy's heart is heavy as lead, I can feel the difference in him today.

((lifts her head slightly to look over at CIGAR BUTT, who looks just as low, carrying ENNIS))

I wish me and Cig could just take off right now and fly these boys back up the mountain--we could all survive on berries 'n bananas and elk meat, couldn't we? There's sure as hell enough love to go around. Bet we could even bring MIKA THE MUSICAL DUMBASS MULE with us. Aww hell, I'd be so happy I wouldn't even care if that ol' tube a body butter and  it's warshrag lov-ah came with us, too.

**no offense, Terry. Me an' JBB just got a little history between us is all.**

((LSP Horse shoots CIGAR BUTT a piercing glance, communicating her desired plan to him/her(?) telepathically in horse-speak.))

%%Come on Cig! We can do it, now's our chance! What'daya think?%%

--------------------------------------------

**LSP horse apologizes to the cast and crew for her recent AWOL behavior while attending to other matters, and regrets having missed the last 20 pages of action, love, and chances to pull a big ego trip on everyone  ;)**

« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 12:48:49 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."