Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1704837 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Can barely hear Lucise.))

**If you're asking my permission for something, go ahead!!! You're a full contracted representative now, and I trust your product decisions!!! I'll talk to you later, Lucise!!! This is no way to have a conversation!!!**

((Guy folds up his phone, hanging it up. He knows its not the nicest thing to do, but he wasn't going to subject poor Lucise's ears to any more of the ruckus that was already giving him a headache.))
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
MEMO

TO:      Guy Raphaelson, Lucise Indapaddock
CC:       FSD

Hey Guy and Lucise, can you please ensure that you include a mimeograph* copy of the operating instructions as posted by Feng in each shipment?  We want to negate any possible liability here...

tks, JT

*mimeograph:  the forefather of the photocopy machine.  (This *is* 1963 here, is it not???)

GUY RAPHAELSON:

%% Why on earth am I getting memos from the direction team? They should be focusing on making the movie, not on product development. Well, if they're getting the wrong mail and somehow our order line is down, I can see why I would be receiving these.%%

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
CONTINUITY DIRECTOR:

Due to unforseen complications in the re-negotiation of my Contract, I have been called to a meeting at the executive offices of OOC Productions at this late hour.  I may not be back on set in time to post this Call Sheet at the right interval in the Performance; so I am posting it early instead of late, while there seems to be a lull in the Show. 

CALL SHEET

ACT II

==THE NEXT FOUR SCENES ARE:

SCENE # 31 – ALMA & ENNIS GET HITCHED
SCENE # 32 – PLAYING IN THE SNOW
SCENE # 33 – SPREADING ASPHALT
SCENE # 34 – DRIVE-IN MOVIE FEATURING “SURF PARTY”

THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT STAFF ARE DUE ON SET:
Ceremonial Feng Shui Director  -  Celeste (YaadPyar)
Props Magician  -  Anke (Pipedream)
High Priestess  -  Meryl
Production Psychologists - Statler & Waldorf  -  ?   &   ?
Wedding Planner  -  Martin Short and/or Jennifer Lopez (optional)

THE FOLLOWING HUMAN ACTORS DUE ON SET:
Ennis  -  DeeDee
Alma  -  Lee (Front-Ranger)
Jolly Minister  -  Isabelle
Wedding Guests  -  any Extras we can round up on short notice
Timmy  -  Meryl
Guy Raphaelson, Marketing Advisor  -  Daniel
Lucise Indapaddock (as himself)  -  Milli (Lucise)

THE FOLLOWING NON-HUMAN ACTORS DUE ON SET:
Terry Cloth formerly known as Warshrag  -  alec716
Jack's Body Butter  -  Nicky (Saucycobblers)
Toboggan  -  Courtney (cmr107)
Olivia Owl  -  Anke (Pipedream)

THE  IMPROV PLAYERS:
any former Player who would like to reprise their role
any other BetterMostian who cares to jump in==

CD JT
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
(( Lucise sighs as Guy hangs up ..))

%%  Well, I got tonight to look forward to..Hmm..what do I cook for dinner today.. %%

((Lucise walks over to the fridge, opens it ..

))

%%  Well, this won't do at all!!  I better go git some groceries or somethin' ..
Hmmm, what to cook for Guy?  Spagetti..?  Nah, too simple..  Duck Al'Orange?  Who TF am I kidding?  I can't cook that! 
..  Maybe I'll just order something and pretend I made it .. :D  ..  :-\
Nah, I can't lie to him .. I gotta think of something quick!  %%

Offline DeeDee

YOUNG JACK:

((Jack nods, keeping his eyes facing forward. He doesn't look at Ennis, not sure how he would react. He could have been sure that Ennis had tears in his eyes.))

This Alma girl.... Do you love her?

%% Jack, no! Why'd you ask that? %%

((Jack gulps and looks out the side window for a moment, catching a glimpse of the REARVIEW MIRROR and seeing his own sadness reflected back at him. It reminded him of a moment a long time ago before he and Ennis had gone up to the mountain when he had seen a much different face in the MIRROR, one which was so familiar to him now, but which then had prodded his curiosity. In those first brief instances he thought he had seen Ennis looking back up at him, pulling toward him slowly yet surely. He can feel Ennis physically coming closer to him, trying to reassure him... but his words were alien to those movements. Ennis was pulling away from him... Jack could feel it.))

%% What am I gonna do now? %%

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Jack pulls into the parking lot of the "Funky Cow" restaurant.  They each exit the truck without a word.  Ennis feels lightheaded, maybe from hunger, maybe not.   They take a booth in the back and both order beer.))

Guess we're both sick a whiskey, huh?

((Ennis tries to smile, but it falls flat.  Jack is looking at him and he needs to answer his question.))

It don' matter if I love Alma or not. I made a promise, and I'm gonna keep it.  This world ain't set up for guys like you, Jack.

(( Ennis looked up at Jack's stunned face and wished he could take back the words.))

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Jack pulls into the parking lot of the "Funky Cow" restaurant.  They each exit the truck without a word.  Ennis feels lightheaded, maybe from hunger, maybe not.   They take a booth in the back and both order beer.))

Guess we're both sick a whiskey, huh?

((Ennis tries to smile, but it falls flat.  Jack is looking at him and he needs to answer his question.))

It don' matter if I love Alma or not. I made a promise, and I'm gonna keep it.  This world ain't set up for guys like you, Jack.

(( Ennis looked up at Jack's stunned face and wished he could take back the words.))

YOUNG JACK:

((Jack can't think of anything to say in response. He lowers his face, looks down at the table, quiet, silently mourning the few moments that have already passed where he could have expressed himself sincerely. Their beers are delivered and the waitress takes their orders. Ennis quickly mumbles something about the Pastrami on Rye but Jack just shakes his head, gripping the bottle on the table in front of him tightly, as though it were trying to escape.))

((He tries to get angry with Ennis... The last sentence was extremely cruel, but Jack began to realize what Ennis was afraid of, what Ennis couldn't look at in himself.))

Ennis?...... I... I got a few things to say to ya. Maybe they'll mean somethin' to ya. Maybe they won't.

((Jack looks around for a moment, not for his own sake, but for Ennis's... lowers his voice when he turns back.))

I guess what I'm tryin' ta say here, Ennis...  I mean... I've tried so many times ta say it already.

((Ennis tries to interrupt him. Jack looks up at him with an angry stare.))

Don't you dare try ta shut me up.

((When Ennis backs down, Jack takes a deep breath and continues, still in a quiet tone.))

This thing that was goin' on atween us, an' still is. You ever wonder what it is?

((Jack doesn't wait for Ennis to respond, but keeps on speaking))

If you're anythin' like me, I think ya have. I know that you mean tha world to me, Ennis. I'm not for certain what that means.
But if we're leavin' and never seein' each other again... I need you ta know it.
You got fine dreams and plans fer your future. Don't never let no one take 'em away from ya. I care about how the world's treatin' ya.
I'm gonna be wishin' all the best ta ya in the future. Every joy you ever brought anyone.... I hope its rewarded tenfold.

My whole life long, I know I'm gonna never forget you... or every little wonderful thing you ever done. You can bet I'll be thinkin' about you
from time ta time. Just ta put my mind at ease. To remember yer laughter.
((Jack smiles despite his sad expression.))

The point is, Ennis, you're somethin' special in this world, and what we have is somethin' special too... I don't think you recognize those... Either one.

((Jack takes a swig from the beer bottle.))

So I guess I'll see ya 'round. I was thinkin' of givin' you a ride back to Sage but its a bit outta tha way I guess. There was a whole lota stuff I was thinkin' but I reckon you ain't wanna hear it.

((The waitress arrives with Ennis's sandwhich just as Jack gets up.))
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 10:47:38 pm by Daniel »

Offline DeeDee

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis throws a ten on the table, food untouched and takes off after Jack.))

Jack wait!  Please, let me explain.

%% Stop 'em you fool.  Don't let him leave.%%

(( They are standing by Jack's truck and Jack is looking down, heartbroken.  Ennis lowers his head and his voice.))

Ya got ta know it jes' ain't right, Jack. I tol' ya it's a one shot deal and I meant it.  My life is with Alma now, got ta get some work.  We need ta git on now, and it ain't gonna be with each other.  We was lonely and it was fine for a while, but now I need to git going.  Maybe I'll see ya one day, Jack.  You take care.

(( Ennis, with a lump in his throat and a pain in his gut, starts the long walk home.))

%% I'll never forget ya, Jack Twist. %%
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
AUDIENCE MEMBER:

%%
Men!  .. They wouldn't know something good if it bit them in the ass ..
Maybe that's what they need!  Another roll in the hay before they leave each other ..aww.. this is too sad!  :'(  :'(
%%

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
YOUNG JACK:

((As Ennis walks off, Jack looks after him and shakes his head. Ennis had a way of taking bad situations and makin' em worse, especially when he opened his mouth.))

((Jack gets in his truck, manages to start it without any difficulty, and heads off home. The opposite direction than Ennis is going. He looks in the REARVIEW MIRROR and can see Ennis's lone silhouette in the afternoon sunlight. His heart flips over in his chest, and he almost brings the truck to a stop, thinking of going back and getting him.))

%% Easy now, Jack. He don't want ya. Didn't ya just hear it from his own mouth? He was lonely and thats all it was. You were a way to pass the time.
%%

((Jack could feel the sharp ache in his throat. It would be a long drive home.))

Where youth had once declared the hearts desire,
now sharpened with steak knives his empty pain.
'Tis said that absence makes the heart grow fonder,
But in that absence, hope flickered like a flame.

The flame that burned in silence almost dimmed.
Its light, offered in love, had been snuffed out.
But still something on that candle gleamed.
An ember trickled down a string of soot.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
((

))

:'(
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 11:38:42 pm by Lucise »