Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1704889 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....

THE HILL

Breathless, we flung us on the windy hill,
Laughed in the sun, and kissed the lovely grass.
You said, "Through glory and ecstasy we pass;
Wind, sun and earth remain, the birds sing still,
When we are old, are old...."  "And when we die
All's over that is ours; and life burns on
Through other lovers, other lips," said I,
"Heart of my heart, our heaven is now, is won!"

"We are Earth's best, that learnt her lesson here.
Life is our cry.  We have kept the faith!" we said;
"We shall go down with unreluctant tread
Rose-crowned into the darkness!"....Proud we were,
And laughed, that had such brave true things to say.
---And then you suddenly cried, and turned away.

~Rupert Brooke~
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
(( As audience members struggle to come to terms with the sadness of Jack and Ennis' parting,
more sweet moments like the Tussle Scene above spring to their minds.  Moments when the lads had
all the time in the world, time to share a meal, crack a joke, bitch about the sheep or just stare into each other's eyes ..

Times when they simply enjoyed each other's company ..

))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 11:49:25 am by Lucise »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
((  Meanwhile, back at Lucise's trailer ..
In the midst of struggling to cook a gourmet dinner for Guy, Lucise suddenly realises that he has forgotten to launch the next Broken Arsed Woolen Ecstacy product.  He stalks off to the living room to compose himself for his "speech", leaving the kitchen in quite a state ..

Lucise clears his throat ..  ))

Folks,  I am here to launch our next Broken Arsed Woolen Ecstacy product!
I am sorry .. I look abit of a mess .. Well, I am in the middle of making dinner for .. well, a close friend,
so without much ado, here is our latest product ...  Thank You!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!

presents

%%
Can't wait to hear what Guy thinks of it ..
%%

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
MIKA:

((Wanders through the deep, dark woods. Comes to a still, deep pond, reflecting tall black pines and a little bit of clear sky))

((Bends down to drink with a weary sigh.))

I'm still worrying over ENNIS and JACK. Hope they found the wisdom and courage to do the difficult and *right* thing. Not an easy life fer sure, never an easy life, but......the alternative so much worse! I wish I could see what is happening!!

((A crystalline drop falls with a *plink* into the still water. In the gentle ripples forming, MIKA suddenly sees images. The forest pool is a wishing well! Hazy and indiscernible at first, but slowly becoming clearer; - the pool shows MIKA images of real events elsewhere:))

((MIKA falls to the ground, sobbing uncontrollably.))

Nooooooooooo! Poor Ennis, poor Jack! My heart is nearly breaking for them!

((Continues in this style for quite a while, scaring the inhabitants of the forest. Braying sobs make a penetrating and unusual, not to say downright frightening, sound in the stillness of the woods.))

« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 09:50:14 am by Mikaela »

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
** The FSD has located another campside food preparation tool designed to ease the life of our boys during future camping expeditions.  We know Jack & Ennis enjoy a good ear of corn.  Now they can choose between cut or uncut with a simple flick of the wrist. **

(( Not all of the less-than-eager-to-be-CAST-rated MEMBERS cobrehend the beauty, innocence, generosity, and pure warmth of the FSD's latest offerings of love and redirection to her beloved minions.  Frankfurtly, those who recognize the well-manicured talons hands of the HIGH PRIESTESS on the bris-kit are very worried.  No one's contract calls for an onset cob-clipping, like you'd crop a ear or scorch a brand.  Every well-hung Nelson Mandala all over the set is running for cover, and TERRY CLOTH discovers that he has a kernel of fear due to bad memories of an early, painful circumhemsion.  ))

TERRY CLOTH:

**  Please, HIGH PRIESTESS, give me your ear!  No flicking, please, no flicking!  Can't we go back to the dozy days of embracing pre-composted piney cowboy thingies?  I would hate for there to be a tragic Octo-accident or cobulation.  **
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
(( Not all of the less-than-eager-to-be-CAST-rated MEMBERS cobrehend the beauty, innocence, generosity, and pure warmth of the FSD's latest offerings of love and redirection to her beloved minions.  Frankfurtly, those who recognize the well-manicured talons hands of the HIGH PRIESTESS on the bris-kit are very worried.  No one's contract calls for an onset cob-clipping, like you'd crop a ear or scorch a brand.  Every well-hung Nelson Mandala all over the set is running for cover, and TERRY CLOTH discovers that he has a kernel of fear due to bad memories of an early, painful circumhemsion.))

TERRY CLOTH:

**  Please, HIGH PRIESTESS, give me your ear!  No flicking, please, no flicking!  Can't we go back to the dozy days of embracing pre-composted piney cowboy thingies?  I would hate for there to be a tragic Octo-accident or cobulation.  **

THE HIGH PRIESTESS REPLIES:

** Ah, TERRY, I understand your concern!  Our FSD is unconsciously (I presume) picking up on the overt phallic overtones of this male on male story, which is about to be made more complex by the introduction of not one, but two strong females who will do their best to 'trim the horns' of their beloveds to suit themselves.

While I enjoy a good ear of corn as much as the next High Priestess, those are not my hands pictured above:  rather they are meant to suggest the imminent arrival of a certain lady who has a great fondness for the color red, that Charmer of Childress, Miss Lureen Newsome.  She will 'stalk' our Jack, 'husk' him quite handily, and set him to simmering right soon.

Meanwhile, Ennis is about to be engulfed by the many-armed monster of matrimony, represented by the clinging limbs of the lovely Alma Beers and two adoring little girls.  Like the frankfurter above, he will not escape entirely unscathed. **

Every well-hung Nelson Mandala all over the set is running for cover, and TERRY CLOTH discovers that he has a kernel of fear due to bad memories of an early, painful circumhemsion.

** I'm sorry to hear that you still suffer from diaperhood trauma!  Your golden rack is waiting for you in the Sacred Relic Room any time you feel the need for some rest and relaxation.  The piney cowboy thingie is no more, however.  Perhaps the FSD could be persuaded to provide a fresh one, if that's the sort of thing you're into.  ::) **
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 01:01:29 pm by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
(( Lucas Indaloo, the ALLEY DUDE .. shows up on the set to prepare for his scene with YOUNG ENNIS ..))

ALLEY DUDE:

%%
I know I only got like 1 line in this movie, but I'll be damned if it don't sky-rocket my acting career to superstardom!  :D
Nashville Hollywood, here I come!
%%

((Indaloo clears his throat, waiting for his cue to walk over to YOUNG ENNIS ..))
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 04:10:45 pm by Lucise »

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
YOUNG JACK:

((As Ennis walks off, Jack looks after him and shakes his head. Ennis had a way of taking bad situations and makin' em worse, especially when he opened his mouth.))

((Jack gets in his truck, manages to start it without any difficulty, and heads off home. The opposite direction than Ennis is going. He looks in the REARVIEW MIRROR and can see Ennis's lone silhouette in the afternoon sunlight. His heart flips over in his chest, and he almost brings the truck to a stop, thinking of going back and getting him.))

%% Easy now, Jack. He don't want ya. Didn't ya just hear it from his own mouth? He was lonely and thats all it was. You were a way to pass the time.
%%

((Jack could feel the sharp ache in his throat. It would be a long drive home.))

Where youth had once declared the hearts desire,
now sharpened with steak knives his empty pain.
'Tis said that absence makes the heart grow fonder,
But in that absence, hope flickered like a flame.

The flame that burned in silence almost dimmed.
Its light, offered in love, had been snuffed out.
But still something on that candle gleamed.
An ember trickled down a string of soot.

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis starts walking to the main highway aware that Jack is probably watching him in is mirror. The walk is likened to the "dead man walking" stroll to the gas chamber.  He feels dread, sadness, pain and an overwhelming desire to run after the old pickup. 

He starts reflecting back to the begining when he first noticed his summer cowboy.  Tried to remember at what point he found Jack Twist so damn attractive and when his feelings started to become sexual.  He remembers fighting them and then ultimately giving in to them. The first night in the tent of the first full moon they were up there. 

He smiles to himself, remembering the shock of waking up and finding his hand on Jack's fly.  He almost hit him until he realized how he was responding to that touch.  He knew from then, this was what the summer would hold for him.

Every step Ennis took now grew slow.  He could feel the bile in his throat, and the pain in his gut.   What was happening to him?  After a few more steps, he saw an alley and had to duck into it, gagging and dry heaving,  causing him to keel over.))

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!

YOUNG ENNIS:

After a few more steps, he saw an alley and had to duck into it, gagging and dry heaving,  causing him to keel over.))

((

Indaloo walks slowly to the alley, sees YOUNG ENNIS crouching in the dark ..

))

ALLEY DUDE:

Umm, mister! You alright over there?
I saw that other dude in an old truck drive off in a mad haste .. 

%% Who could drive off from this manhunk? %%
Something the matter?  I could take ya to the Funky Cow diner over on Center Street for a beer or something ..
Could cheer you up some!

%%
Nice ass in them jeans by the way ..
%%
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 04:46:01 pm by Lucise »