Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3169833 times)

yb

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5080 on: October 06, 2006, 06:48:06 am »
I agree with Leslie.  In the previous books, I did sometimes feel uneasy reading about Ennis's jealousy.  But I sense he has relaxed in these 2 books, perhaps due to the consolidation of their relation.  What I felt in this chapter was just a kind of love chat between 2 lovers and they enjoyed it a lot. 

Now, I would like to know what will Ennis buy for Ellery.

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5081 on: October 06, 2006, 07:02:54 am »
Mornin all. Mornin June. ;) ;) ;) Right, it,s raining and it,s miserable her in the UK at the moment so we need lots of hot stuff please to warm us up.  ;D ;D
Good afternoon folks, afternoon dear Souxi  :)

Yep, it's just as miserable over here in Holland *sigh* so I could do with some E&E TLC too  :D

How's *that* reading coming along Souxi?  ;)  ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5082 on: October 06, 2006, 07:05:45 am »
This was meant as a laugh guys! We know that, just like in the fairytale, Ennis' teeth are all the better to nip Ellery with! ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS Perhaps something with guns would suit Ellery.

LOL Jo!  ;D

I love that belt buckle for Ellery  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5083 on: October 06, 2006, 07:20:30 am »
Mr. Coyote can't come biting until Ellery is feeling a bit more sprightly.  But don't worry... that'll happen.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5084 on: October 06, 2006, 08:04:06 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion."

http://louisev.livejournal.com/128172.html  "Chapter 11:  Wyoming vs. Bill"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5085 on: October 06, 2006, 08:31:19 am »

Now, I would like to know what will Ennis buy for Ellery.

I would like to think that Ennis, having been poor all his life, will find a way to come up with something special and meaningful that does not necessarily cost alot of money. He said it himself when he was fixing the windows, "Necessity is the mother of invention." An early gift that he gave Ellery was fixing the bird feeder and looked how much they have both enjoyed watching the birds over the summer. Anyway, I haven't figured out what this gift will be yet, but I am thinking.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5086 on: October 06, 2006, 08:55:25 am »
Another lunchtime update - thanks Lousie.

SPOILER

OK... well this one left me feeling much like Ellery did by the end of it. I know that Bill deserves no sympathy, but I really couldn't help feeling sorry for him. This might just throw a bit of a cloud over the boys's engagement plans, or maybe make them realise the importance of what they have together. That they don't need to be playing the field because they have something very special.

I'm sure that I won't be the only one whose mind this crosses, but, does Bill's revelation mean that this particular spectre is back to haunt Ennis and Ellery? AIDS is really starting to have an impact on the patrons of the Red Stallion. I hope for them it is a place of refuge, where they can help and support each other (and perhaps educate each other on how to be safe).

Karen

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5087 on: October 06, 2006, 09:51:16 am »
Another lunchtime update - thanks Lousie.

SPOILER

OK... well this one left me feeling much like Ellery did by the end of it. I know that Bill deserves no sympathy, but I really couldn't help feeling sorry for him. This might just throw a bit of a cloud over the boys's engagement plans, or maybe make them realise the importance of what they have together. That they don't need to be playing the field because they have something very special.

I'm sure that I won't be the only one whose mind this crosses, but, does Bill's revelation mean that this particular spectre is back to haunt Ennis and Ellery? AIDS is really starting to have an impact on the patrons of the Red Stallion. I hope for them it is a place of refuge, where they can help and support each other (and perhaps educate each other on how to be safe).

Karen

I was worried for Ellery. How long has Bill had AIDS? Is it absolutely certain that Ellery doesn't have AIDS?

Well, they really do need to know that you *can* get AIDS from giving blow-jobs.

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #5088 on: October 06, 2006, 09:58:00 am »
I'm still not worried for Ellery having AIDS. It's been quite awhile since he and Bill were together, and Eller would have gotten sick by now.
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5089 on: October 06, 2006, 10:12:11 am »
hey Lori, nice to see you...!

there's more to this "I've got AIDS" story than meets the eye, as well.