Author Topic: NC-17 RATED FUN: LET'S GET REAL HERE--How Many of Us Have Been SWOONING Nonstop?  (Read 495293 times)

EnnisDelMar

bump

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
David: like that one MUCH better than mine...when John told Ennis that Jack was going in the family plot, she put her hand to her neck, frightened, and when Ennis said "Yes sir," she left it there, but stopped being scared, and said: "You come see us again." That's when your pic was taken...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Julie:   Yes!  I liked that gesture she made with her hand on her neck.   It is as if she knew about the shirts being up there all this time.   She is choked up that Ennis understood why Jack kept them.   She obviously loved Jack so very much.   I think she indeed would love for Ennis to come back some day.   He is the only living reminder of her son now.   :'(

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
She's so--SCARED--of her husband..it bothers me; you don't suppose he;'s physically violent with her? (as if he were real!)

Boy, David, I had to go through all sorts oif contortions to save your photo. ..can't exactly remember what I did, but it wound up as an e-mail in my "documents" file!
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
She's so--SCARED--of her husband..it bothers me; you don't suppose he;'s physically violent with her? (as if he were real!)

Boy, David, I had to go through all sorts oif contortions to save your photo. ..can't exactly remember what I did, but it wound up as an e-mail in my "documents" file!

I think there is a very good chance he is an abusive husband. We know (in the story) he abused Jack. No reason to believe he'd stop there.

He is absolutely my least favorite character in the movie which is part of the reason I took my story (David, Julie, you know what I'm talking about)  in the direction I did--I decided I didn't want to write John Twist and his reaction to Jack and Ennis. Author's perogative  :)
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Anyone around tonight?...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline DeeDee

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline David

Hola!

Just got in from Dinner.  What did I miss so far?   
  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Nuthin'. Quiet so far. I don't know if everyone is off for the Easter holidays or just taking a break. rt said he had to work today and seems to have stuck to that (he hasn't been online when I have checked). Nicole still seems to be MIA with her internet prob. Litlle d (Brandon) comes and goes...  Mand and Sheyne have been online off and on...

My husband and daughter are talking about watching MASH but I will do it with the computer in my knees so I will be here...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006, 08:32:27 pm by lnicoll »

Offline David

I'm actually recording a special on the History channel on the Titanic.  This is the anniversary of the sinking.    Being an amature Historian I usually watch one of the Titanic movies on this date.