Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 552850 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1910 on: May 17, 2007, 01:18:43 pm »
SPOILER

Squee!   Yes, even Nicky's voice is squeeworthy.  Gotta love him - so protective of his Sweet Thing and, of course, he never passes up an opportunity to stake a public claim to his man.  Can't wait to see him strolling into the sheriff's office with that cocky little stride of his and serving his man his dinner.  LOL!! 

And speaking of his man - oh my.  I need to add more to my exposition on Jeremy's "complications."  I'm glad he was honest with Wes . . . but, poor Jeremy.  No wonder he's in such a state.  Now that Jeremy has told Wes about his sister and his dad - I'm wondering if he will tell Nicky or Ellery?  And will Sue find out? 

This is a terrific story, Louise. 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1911 on: May 17, 2007, 07:22:37 pm »

the next installment of "The Chesterfield Fortune."

http://louisev.livejournal.com/219560.html 
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1912 on: May 18, 2007, 05:51:58 am »
you know...the rewrite is better then the original fanfic. Removing the BBM related activities is disappointing, yet it seems to have unleashed real creativity Louise.

Many congratulations. Many. I have a feeling i will be published by january, I KNOW how much work you have put here.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1913 on: May 18, 2007, 06:22:55 am »
Jack,

High praise indeed, and I thank you.  I include for the Friends Group some notes on this topic:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/220111.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1914 on: May 18, 2007, 01:33:25 pm »

the next installment of "The Chesterfield Fortune."

http://louisev.livejournal.com/219560.html 

SPOILER

In addition to all the big blue eye comments and Ellery's Paul Newman comparison in Chapter 43 of "Taking Chances" - this description "bulging arms of a blond, blue-eyed man in a black wool sweater and dark jeans" conjured up a very pleasing image indeed.   For some reason that I can't explain, the black wool sweater really struck a chord - and seems very uniquely Colson.

Marie

P.S.  Poor Paula - just being around Ellery seems to put her off her stride, so I imagine she's feeling more than a bit uncomfortable at the moment. 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1915 on: May 19, 2007, 02:12:13 pm »
more more more!  after my one day hiatus, which I enjoyed greatly!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/220351.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1916 on: May 19, 2007, 05:04:31 pm »
I have a feeling that Marie is going to like this chapter...lots of good ring stuff!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1917 on: May 19, 2007, 07:38:05 pm »
Ha! Ha! You know me so well, my dear Leslie!   ;D  Yes, I am loving all the ring stuff.

SPOILERS

As he spoke, he rubbed his thumb up his palm against his own gold wedding band, and it seemed the eagle eyes of the A.D.A. focused on his gesture at that moment.

“He got the idea from his own wedding band. You and he exchanged rings.”

Colson nodded, dropping his eyes, silent.

“Chief Deputy Cantrell doesn’t strike me as kind of man to make frivolous gestures,” she said.

No, Paula - nothing at all frivolous about it - and "gesture" doesn't quite cover it, either.  I keep vacillating between sympathy and impatience when it comes to Paula.  Sympathy that she's in such an awkward situation, considering her feelings toward Ellery and her embarrassment over the whole Jeremy debacle - and impatience that she's not able to be less obvious about the whole thing.  When Ellery gets out of line, Wes pulls him back in; when Jeremy gets out of line, Ellery pulls him back in.  Unfortunately, Paula doesn't have anyone to pull her back in.   (But the calm presence of Esteban is a very good thing - a smart man, that Esteban.)

And we still have Nicky on his way to the station to lay a napkin across his Sweet Thing's lap and feed him a nice hot dinner, after which Jeremy will have to work with Esteban (which he does not want to do) and Paula (which he really does not want to do) on the rape case (which he really, really does not want to do). And what about creepy Ray's phone number in Lance's very clean apartment?  And what about poor Chas and the bogus(?) letter? Will he meet up with Jerry Lamont tonight?  Does Jerry know anything about Chas's past?  Does the assault case tie in with anything?  And where the heck is Lance anyway?   You sure can spin a yarn, Louise!

Thanks,
Marie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1918 on: May 20, 2007, 11:49:56 am »

No, Paula - nothing at all frivolous about it - and "gesture" doesn't quite cover it, either.  I keep vacillating between sympathy and impatience when it comes to Paula.  Sympathy that she's in such an awkward situation, considering her feelings toward Ellery and her embarrassment over the whole Jeremy debacle - and impatience that she's not able to be less obvious about the whole thing.  When Ellery gets out of line, Wes pulls him back in; when Jeremy gets out of line, Ellery pulls him back in.  Unfortunately, Paula doesn't have anyone to pull her back in.   (But the calm presence of Esteban is a very good thing - a smart man, that Esteban.)

I've had the same feeling about Paula. I remember her saying to Jeremy that he wasn't the first gay man to have pity on her and ask her out on a date. So I'm wondering why she seems 'thrown' by the fact that Ellery and Colson have made vows to each other. I know she has/had a crush on Ellery (hey, we all understand Paula! We do!  ;D) but would she react the same way if instead of Colson, she had just met Ellery's wife? And i didn't like the 'frivolous' comment either. Paula needs to get a grip.

And we still have Nicky on his way to the station to lay a napkin across his Sweet Thing's lap and feed him a nice hot dinner

Somehow, i think a Nicky chapter might make Marie even happier than a chapter full of ring goodness.  ::) :P

I have complete confidence in your 'hinting' capabilities Marie, so i think we won't have to wait for very long now.  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1919 on: May 20, 2007, 01:28:29 pm »

Somehow, i think a Nicky chapter might make Marie even happier than a chapter full of ring goodness.  ::) :P 

LOL!!  Well, it would be a close call - you know me so well, too, Fabienne! (and I talk about Paula being obvious ::)   )

Marie