Author Topic: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club  (Read 4614528 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The ORIGINAL 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4780 on: September 19, 2007, 04:58:19 am »
well it really is raining in Britain today, drizzling rather, and I am finally out of the house again after four days cooped up. My last foray out was Saturday for groceries and I barely got to my dining room since then.  But it looks like the virus has loosed its evil hold on me... strange dreams about a monster truck though!

And I'm back at work sending paperwork for my background check to prepare for my exit ... back to California.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #4781 on: September 19, 2007, 05:02:36 am »
well it really is raining in Britain today, drizzling rather, and I am finally out of the house again after four days cooped up. My last foray out was Saturday for groceries and I barely got to my dining room since then.  But it looks like the virus has loosed its evil hold on me... strange dreams about a monster truck though!

And I'm back at work sending paperwork for my background check to prepare for my exit ... back to California.

I hate all those strange dreams I have when I'm sick. Once I had a dream somebody threw valentines all over the living room floor and I was trying to pick them up.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4782 on: September 19, 2007, 05:22:05 am »
Yep, it's as if the mind has to justify and rationalize the strange feelings of fever and body aches into some dramatic thing that is reflected in the subconscious mind, like chasing a runaway truck with a bulldozer.  In this case, for some reason, Ennis was with me, at a big farm, and we were trying to corner the monster truck in hopes of crushing it with the bulldozer in a cement-fortified barn.  *Eyeroll.*  Ennis wasn't scared though, he went right after that monster truck after it completely crushed a small tractor!

Yes, weird, I know. I know.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4783 on: September 19, 2007, 06:44:15 am »
Morning all,

39 degrees here in Westbrook and clear! Another fall day ahead of us.

I too had weird dreams, and I don't have a virus! Container ships that were sinking in the sea and I was afraid I was going to sink with them. Ai yi yi!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4784 on: September 19, 2007, 07:39:51 am »
Today it's mostly sunny and a bit warmer than David has predicted.

Yesterday, I talked about those amazing little electronic gadgets. And guess what? My husband came home in the afternoon and told me he had bought himself one of these men-toys (that's how I call them). A navigation system for his car.
I wonder if he has programmed it this morning for his way to work to try it  ::). I guess so.

David: we all hope your dream won't come true!  :o

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4785 on: September 19, 2007, 07:44:33 am »
Oh Chrissi,

GPS is fun, fun, fun...

Have Jens check out this site (you can check it too).

http://www.geocaching.com/

This is a great activity for families. I did a quick search and it looks like there are plenty of geocaches in your area:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/nearest.aspx?country_id=79&x=6&y=8

Have fun!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4786 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:19 am »
one of these men-toys

he,he! Around here we actually have a store called Car Toys and that's what I think whenever I see it!

These GPS systems were all the rage in Alberta at the Pilgrimage!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4787 on: September 19, 2007, 03:11:56 pm »
I met the guy who started CarToys, he was a survivor of the Sobibor death camp in Poland, and wrote the book on which the film "Escape from Sobibor" was written, starring Rutger Hauer.  The film was supposed to be historically accurate.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4788 on: September 19, 2007, 04:12:30 pm »
These GPS systems were all the rage in Alberta at the Pilgrimage!!

I think that's what Smellykelljay referred to as "Chuckie's little thingy" at the Labor Day get-together in New York.  ::)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4789 on: September 19, 2007, 05:24:13 pm »

Chuckie had another one of those little thingys in SanFrancisco...between him and his thingy it was quite a ride to lunch on Sunday...we all got to tease and laugh...great fun..

Beautiful mind